Truckstars? Anyone heard of this new insanity? Uber4trucks

Unemployed class 2 peon here. Things were bad before the virus showed up. Life. Anyway…

. Truckstars is a client of ours who are launching an exciting new app designed to offer HGV drivers highly paid shifts in your area . They are looking for Van, 7.5T, Class 1 and 2 drivers to sign up to the App.

Their simple-to-use app allows you to upload your details, go through licence compliance and start selecting available HGV jobs close to you. Once a shift has been accepted you make your way there 45 minutes before the agreed start time.

Using the latest Uber-like technology, the app allows you to see all your jobs and how much you will be paid for each one, with no strings attached. They will process payment within a week.

With over 25 years of industry experience and having been selected for one of the UK’s leading Dragons Den style accelerators, the Truckstars team is launching their app this month. They are looking for the first 100 drivers to sign-up who live within 15 miles of Waltham Point to join them on this exciting journey.

Download the registration app at www.truckstars.co.uk so they can set you up for the logistics app THIS WEEK, so you can start enjoying a new, hassle-free and driver-focused way to pick up HGV jobs in your area.

The first 100 drivers to join will enjoy commission free journeys for the first three months.

Roles will initially launched within 15 miles of Waltham point, if you have your HGV license please sign up today – www.truckstars.co.uk

Jesus wept

Sounds like a scam or fraud to obtain personal details , buyer beware.

They lost me at “commission free journeys”. Management speak for “you pay us for the privilege of working” . I’m oot.

did they mean commission free by not paying uber a commission for 3 months ?, either way who in their right mind would touch it…

Come on be fair! It does say ‘exciting’…twice in the ad, so it must be good :slight_smile: and the website makes it sound like a super fun pyramid scheme.
If only I lived within a 15 mile radius I could use up my free time doing more driving and paying for the privilage, exciting times indeed :laughing:

Schiesters!

Who the hell is that typecast image of the serial killer wearing a wife beater vest and a lumberjack shirt in their advert ?

Vile scammers like these should be used for drug testing rather than animals.

although i have absolutely no interest whatsoever in looking for a job,then upon reading the part that said “Fresh out of the prestigious Southampton Science park’s business accelerator,” made them laughable for me,though i did read through the rest of the boff to amuse myself with all the exciting buzz words they use to crawl even further up their own jacksies.

bogdan on the front of the portfolio is also a nice touch…just the sort of candidate for uber to use on the disabled school contracts if his hgv licence lapses… :laughing:

Chy:
Unemployed class 2 peon here. Things were bad before the virus showed up. Life. Anyway…

. Truckstars is a client of ours who are launching an exciting new app designed to offer HGV drivers highly paid shifts in your area . They are looking for Van, 7.5T, Class 1 and 2 drivers to sign up to the App.

Their simple-to-use app allows you to upload your details, go through licence compliance and start selecting available HGV jobs close to you. Once a shift has been accepted you make your way there 45 minutes before the agreed start time.

Using the latest Uber-like technology, the app allows you to see all your jobs and how much you will be paid for each one, with no strings attached. They will process payment within a week.

With over 25 years of industry experience and having been selected for one of the UK’s leading Dragons Den style accelerators, the Truckstars team is launching their app this month. They are looking for the first 100 drivers to sign-up who live within 15 miles of Waltham Point to join them on this exciting journey.

Download the registration app at truckstars.co.uk so they can set you up for the logistics app THIS WEEK, so you can start enjoying a new, hassle-free and driver-focused way to pick up HGV jobs in your area.

The first 100 drivers to join will enjoy commission free journeys for the first three months.

Roles will initially launched within 15 miles of Waltham point, if you have your HGV license please sign up today – truckstars.co.uk

Jesus wept

I think copyright will nip that name in the bud as it belongs to Mercedes Benz / Daimler.
Also Truckstar is the name of a Dutch truck mag.

Interesting idea though.

Don’t think there is to much to worry about, this app was released in November 2018 and the company was dissolved in May 2019.

weeto:
Don’t think there is to much to worry about, this app was released in November 2018 and the company was dissolved in May 2019.

I don’t doubt you…But… Google: “truckstars uber” …and an advert for a job from 4 days ago comes up?
Now, whether that is a reflection on the company, the agency recruiting for them, their emplpyees’ professional standards, or me getting it totally wrong (again), I dunno?

Didn’t mention free parking anywhere in that ad…and we all know how super important that is.

This job offer has more holes in it than Bonnie and Clyde.

Let’s all sign up as the 1st 100 & then just ignore it, that would be funny.

Franglais:

weeto:

I don’t doubt you…But… Google: “truckstars uber” …and an advert for a job from 4 days ago comes up?
Now, whether that is a reflection on the company, the agency recruiting for them, their emplpyees’ professional standards, or me getting it totally wrong (again), I dunno?

All very strange, they seem to be linked with a recruitment agency called the hgv recruitment centre, or are in the same building, and are linked some how to a london cab company.
The original training name is ryno truckstars, which was dissolved, and the app is available for apple and android devices called ryno truckstars.

Don’t believe all you see on job sites

There is an agency near me advertising really hard for class 1 drivers for a local company to start immediately.

The local company know nothing about it and have recently put a load of their drivers on furlough

good_friend:

There is an agency near me advertising really hard for class 1 drivers for a local company to start immediately.

The local company know nothing about it and have recently put a load of their drivers on furlough

About time some of these agencies were prosecuted for false adverts isn’t it?
Is it covered under law?

Franglais:

good_friend:

Is it covered under law?

Like most things connected to agencies they have a habit of not mentioning the company by name until you are all signed up then it’s too late. They proudly told me who it was for but the TM at said company is a friend and had just been speaking to me about people being told to go home.
Could they be prosecuted? Probably.
Can the company be arsed? Probably not at the moment

Just confirms my opinion about agencies I suppose. Slimey, cheating ■■■■■■■■ and if their lips are moving they must be lying to you as well

Franglais:

good_friend:

Is it covered under law?

Car traders used to do it all the time - advertise a car of the week - and when you go round there it’s “sorry, guv, sold that this morning but we do have blah blah”.

I maybe wrong but I think it’s against trading standards to advertise some you don’t actually have.

Car traders used to do it all the time - advertise a car of the week - and when you go round there it’s “sorry, guv, sold that this morning but we do have blah blah”.

I maybe wrong but I think it’s against trading standards to advertise some you don’t actually have.
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
tricks of the trade with knowing and proving being two different things entirely.

i used to have around 50 adverts running for cars in my garage every week.
i always had a car for my misses that had the mileage corrected or was on the vcar and eventually registered in her name.

at a suitable time,then id advertise an identical car at handy money,then when the victim arrived,it had surprisingly just sold,then let them talk me into getting the wife to sell them “her” car privately for cash…there are no angels in the motor trade with main dealers being no exception.

Seeing that we are discussing false advertising , do you remember the Teletext holidays, when you ring to book the 7 nights in Benidorm for £99 , they say that offer is gone but they have it for £499 as it’s sold out at £99 .
Travel agents do this on the high street and online .
Airlines are just as bad , travel firms would pay for block bookings such as 500 rooms in a popular hotel .
When you search online, using algorithm , they work out what you are searching for then up the price when leaving the site to return again ,plane seats are sold this way .
And off in a different tangent , European coach drivers would boost up their low basic salary by buying a river cruise in Paris for 25 euros then sell it to the passengers for 49 euros .
And Dieseldog boosting his wages selling duty free ■■■■ and booze in the good old days of The Sun newspaper £1 day trip to Calais.