TruckNet party!

A Gwyneth Paltroe moment!
I have just got home from the Trucknet party.
Before I left I was very nervous I have shared so much of my life with Tnet but there are so many faces i have not seen and to be honest I would have had more confidence if I’d got my good old steelies and my super pretective hi viz.
I cadged a lift with Hitch and his lovely wife and on the way we were discussing the chances of us recognising the right group of people I had seen a picture of Simon and I was not disappointed, a patriotic vision of scotland was there to greet us.
Simon had the wonderous manners to introduce us and I was greeted with hugs and welcomes that were both overwhelming and re-enforcing the fact that a friend on trucknet is not just a supportive mate with a keyboard.
The beer flowed and the diesel fumes chocked the air as we realised that we knew each other very well despite the fact we had never met.
We raised a beer or two for the members that couldn’t make it. :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: and held auctions to raise money for Justice for Drivers which is a cause so close to so many of our hearts and a special thank you to Liberace for his generosity with his birthday money which paid for us girls getting to see Rikki stripped half naked for most of the night (I’ll never sleep again Rikki! :wink: :laughing: ) £130 pound something was raised for such a worthy cause.! Thank you all!
A note to the readers of this Jammymutt takes the longest time possible to get a round in :laughing: and the helpful friendly bunch that you meet here is what you meet face to face!
Tnet has welcomed me home so many times at 3 o’clock in the morning and it is so easy to forget the volunteers that work on this site and the work, money and heartache that Rikki and Lucy put into this on a day to day basis to provide a home and place of learning for truckers of all levels of experience.
The phrase thank you seems to disipate when you have enjoyed an evening like I just have so if you can think of a more appropriate phrase then please edit accordingly,
It was an honour and pleasure to spend an evening with you all, thank you! and Rikki and Lucy, on behalf of so many members your efforts mean so much to so many.
So if you have read this far then cheers :wink: I saved a little something for my return.
And once again thank you all! :wink: :laughing: :sunglasses:

Are we gonner see some pics.
I shall be there next year.

Unfortunatly I couldnt make it but I’m sure to get a full report from those that were and look forward to hearing it.
Well done for raising the money for a good cause, we need all the funds we can get to carry on the fight and support to those who need it, thank you all, especially Rikki and Lucy.

John Vasey

My excuses are written in Old Dog post.

Sorry I missed meeting everyone :cry: I just hope I dont get charged for the hotel room I booked…

Im a bit like this:

A note to the readers of this Jammymutt takes the longest time possible to get a round in

Short Arms - Deep Pockets :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
Im a bit like this:

A note to the readers of this Jammymutt takes the longest time possible to get a round in

One word answer in Jammy’s case… Scottish. :wink: :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

And before anyone starts I’m Scottish as well so I can say that. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :smiley:

Wheel Nut:
My excuses are written in Old Dog post.

Sorry I missed meeting everyone :cry: I just hope I dont get charged for the hotel room I booked…

Im a bit like this:

That’s what I thought but Rikki was paying :open_mouth: He must have forgot his sat nav and got lost between his seat and the bar. :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

My head hurts! :laughing:

Ladytrucker679:
He must have forgot his sat nav and got lost between his seat and the bar.

You’re only jealous because the voices aren’t talking to you. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

Ladytrucker679:
He must have forgot his sat nav and got lost between his seat and the bar.

You’re only jealous because the voices aren’t talking to you. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I couldn’t cope with little voices talking to me with this headache! :blush:

I’d like to point out that it wasn’t just me that contributed to the Rikki getting his kit off fund. The cash went to a good cause & I had the shirt off Rikki’s back, I feel I got value for money out of it :wink:. I’m now sitting hear wearing one of the 3 TrucknetUK T-Shirt’s that are in existence :wink:. It was a good night, I had a “smashing” time in fact :unamused::shock::oops:. (Sorry Dapper).

I am glad that the party was a success and you all had
a good time and well done on raising the money for Justice
for Drivers :smiley: .

Liberace:
I’d like to point out that it wasn’t just me that contributed to the Rikki getting his kit off fund. The cash went to a good cause & I had the shirt off Rikki’s back, I feel I got value for money out of it :wink:. I’m now sitting hear wearing one of the 3 TrucknetUK T-Shirt’s that are in existence :wink:. It was a good night, I had a “smashing” time in fact :unamused::shock::oops:. (Sorry Dapper).

How are you feeling this morning Lib? :sunglasses:

Kate and I only wish we could have been there but 4 hours in a car here, 3 hours waiting at JFK, 8 hours on a plane, 2 hours at Heathrow, 2 hours driving to the party, then going through it all again in reverse did not appeal to us :frowning:

However :exclamation: I celebrated by driving Kate’s bouncy castle 25 miles each way to buy a very expesive jar of marmite, which I then served on toast along with an ice cold beer :laughing:

I hope we see some pictures soon :question:

Kate’s bouncy castle

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: Errr!!! Did anyone bring a camera? :blush: :blush:

I suffer from the effects of a big gob so on my way to the bar i was chatting to just about anyone who would talk to me , then when i got to the bar Hitch was there and we were chatting for ages hence the waiting time but Linds im sure you know that lager and lime is a drink that should never be rushed leave it to settle and let the lime infuse in to the lager to make it tastier ( best excuse i could come up with).

I had a fantastic time and it was great to meet all of you but no thanks to Dave5l for setting off the fire alarm when he went sleep walking but it was a fortunate event anyway as it stopped him snoring ( and boy can he snore!!).

Cheers for waking me up though mate i would have slept through the fire alarm if you hadnt kicked me!!!..

I spent ages trying to convince a few people to stand up and say thanks to Rikki and Lucy for the evening and also for Trucknetuk but dapper eventually conned me in to doing it myself so i stood up with so much to sayuy and just blurbed out a load of cack ah well Dapper you can do it next time!!!..

Great night :wink: looking forward to the next one.

P.S. i have some photos of a member of the Trucknet management in various ■■■■■■■ poses to be posted soon when i figure out how to get them off my phone…

jammymutt:
I had a fantastic time and it was great to meet all of you but no thanks to Dave5l for setting off the fire alarm when he went sleep walking but it was a fortunate event anyway as it stopped him snoring ( and boy can he snore!!).

Cheers for waking me up though mate i would have slept through the fire alarm if you hadnt kicked me!!!..

FPMSL@Dave :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I seem to remember your speach got a round of applause. :wink:
An interesting excuse with the beer! :wink:
Hows your head today?
It was such a good laugh it’s a shame it’s only once a year.

Pat Hasler:
Kate and I only wish we could have been there but 4 hours in a car here, 3 hours waiting at JFK, 8 hours on a plane, 2 hours at Heathrow, 2 hours driving to the party, then going through it all again in reverse did not appeal to us

I know what you mean Pat, it was the nightmare travel arrangements that prevented me from going as well. :wink:

I got back to the hotel with Alix, Amblezard and Davi5l who all decided they wanted more beer i decided to have a few pints of water ( very wise choice) so my head was not perfect but cetainly better then some, amblezard challenged me to a drinking competition but it was too late as i had to drive back today but watch this space as i will be taking her up on it and drinking her right under the table !!!..

I for one would be quite happy to do it again in 6 months somewhere with a beer garden and sit outside and just chill out or even a bbq.

Nice to see Simon in his kilt i think i,ll put mine on next time :wink:;).

So in summer time anyone up for it?

Yeah sounds great. :laughing:

Need i say anything?

http://groups.msn.com/TrucknetUKOnlinePhotoStore/jammymuttspics.msnw?Page=1

I dont know how to actually link to the photos but there ya go sorry they are a bit fuzzy but its a new phone and it still had the protective cover over the lens!!! :blush: :blush: :blush: