TRUCKIN IN THE 80's (International)

remy:
Hi Wheel nut, it was called Frozen Fare, had about four artics,all Volvos pulling refrigerated trailers.

Remy is part of my surname and sorry, i do’nt get the Martin connecton :blush:

Charles

Remy Martin. - Cognac :stuck_out_tongue:

Courvoisier - Aint that some kinda fancy liquor?. yeah. He sure is :blush:

I just wondered if from small acorns etc. Reed Boardall came from nowhere and bought Wilsons of Boroughbridge

Wheel Nut:
The Brinor and Yogi thing has been posted before, wasnt it the German owner who was called Behr. so Yogi 1, 2 , 3 etc was just a play on words.

You’re spot on there Malc,the owner’s name is Manfred Behr,hence Yogi-Bear.

The only Brinor trailers I see nowadays are pulled by Dutchmen,have they no longer got any of their own units?
They had the F12’s based in Felixstowe and a Renault based in Dover.

ash just read letters page in tmw glad you had a nice time up in the lakes

KW Brinors still employ UK drivers. Mate of mine - Bob Warren - is on there, he has a left ■■■■■■ DAF XF with aircon stickin out roof spoiler. Does Germany.

Sunday evening… time for a few more “gems” me thinks :smiley:

NOW IVE GOT YOUR ATTENTION… :slight_smile:

is this one Welsh or Irish :confused:

This is very interesting…
Check out the slogan on the fridge: New reefer for the 80’s"
Ummm, nice “slimline” fridge. Was that the latest design then? Looks SO dated nowadays.

Shanahans ran this■■?
At least it was “turbo intercooled” :wink:

Ahhh oooohh: a proper MIDDLE EAST lorry

and another…
anyone remember SANDTRANS? They had an ex OHS Volvo F12 and an F16 Globetrotter all painted like this. Quality :sunglasses:

Right thats enough drooling :wink:
heres a few from Scotchland - Good luck tonight in the rugby by the way :frowning:

and for you London boys:
Anyone know this bloke MALTRANS?

Is this THE classic Dover photo?
Subby pulling another company trailer. Its a supercube, so he’s probably had the “crap” run. Left on Tuesday, punched down to Italy. One tip then 5 or 6 tiles collections, then up to Novara to top up with groupage. Then if he’s lucky, out by Friday night!
He’s had a “crap” run back up, so he’s late getting into Dover which means he cant pick up the “glamorous” hitchiker standing by the truck :frowning: :frowning:

And finally…this will get you all guessing :confused:
Especially for you AXORMAN. Are you watching Ron■■?
What is this all about?

English reg. Willi Betz Volvo? Its a bit blurred im afraid but i think its ?VF 500H. Its right hand drive. And check out the back of the cab, looks like half the sleeper roof’s missing!

Hope you’ve all enjoyed tonights selection :slight_smile: Plenty more to come :smiley:

Ah, Sandtrans :stuck_out_tongue:

Stratford Lift to Izmir with Jem Cockerill

Come on Gem, where are you now?

The Maltrans tilt reminds me of my old Dow Freight trailer except it has a blue sheet.

While we are all watery eyed can you post me some Dow Freight piccies please :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheelnut:
ill dig the other Sandtrans photos out and post um asap. ASH

Phil McCavity will remind me of the other drivers when he sees this post :stuck_out_tongue:

I had a few EFES with the Sandtrans men but you had to be quick, they didnt stand still long

One of myself with Pat Silk somewhere near the top of the Mt Cenis 1981 Hope this photobucket thing works :laughing:

I’m sure I remember that Willy-Bits F88,he was an O/D who used to pull out of Felixstowe.
Unusual to see an actual Willy-Bits trailer behind him though,most of the trailers that came through Felixstowe were those tandem axle Somat tilts,they were bloody heavy empty,let alone with 18 tons on.
They all had huge trilex wheels,belly tanks and tool boxes on.
I got nicked at Risby,nr Bury St. Edmunds,for being overweight with one of those.

Ah!,happy day’s :unamused:

Wheel Nut:
While we are all watery eyed can you post me some Dow Freight piccies please :stuck_out_tongue:

Mothertrucker:
Hope this photobucket thing works :laughing:

IT WORKS Mothertrucker…IT WORKS :smiley:

IT WORKS Mothertrucker…IT WORKS

Thanks to step by step instructions over the phone by Rog - he aint an instructor for nothing!! :laughing:

Mothertrucker:

IT WORKS Mothertrucker…IT WORKS

Thanks to step by step instructions over the phone by Rog - he aint an instructor for nothing!! :laughing:

To be fair it was some-one on this site (SORRY - I can’t remember who :blush: ) that guided me through the photobucket thingy in the first place.
Hmmm… might have been Dieseldave but I am old and my memory aint what it used to be… what site is this :exclamation: :exclamation:

KW:
Unusual to see an actual Willy-Bits trailer behind him though,most of the trailers that came through Felixstowe were those tandem axle Somat tilts,they were bloody heavy empty,let alone with 18 tons on.

I did Bulgy/Somat tilts from UK down to Passau, southern germany. Put um on the barges and picked up ones for the UK.
Yep, i agree…bloody heavy.

2 of our trucks on that work. Foden was a Ferrymasters cancelled order.

truckerash:
Ahhh oooohh: a proper MIDDLE EAST lorry

Used to run down quite often with Pan Express,but only with the one or two blokes I got to know on there,Big Rod,known as “Ace”,or Gerry.

Wheel Nut:
The Maltrans tilt reminds me of my old Dow Freight trailer except it has a blue sheet.

Couple of mates of mine used to run for Dow Freight.Neighbour of mine,Bob,“Nobby” Clark,RIP, and Stan Sale who I have not sen in years and may well also have “moved on”
I also knew Carl Burgess(say no more)

WHEEL NUT Thought u’d still be here, waiting for your DOW piccys :wink:

found these for you .

I didn’t work for Dow Freight, they were already stitching mail bags by then. I just bought a trailer from them