TRUCKIN IN THE 80's (International)

Thanks Ash. amazing pics and a reminder of my good days :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi,

There where quite a few english trucks on betz work, Betz was working with Somat for a long time (giving loads to somat heading eastt in return for loads for his trucks heading west) and bought a stake in Somat in the early nineties, and eventually bought the rest when the Bulgy goverment decided to sell.
Will scan some English trucks on Betz work,and post soon.

Ron

can anyone make out the reg on the LEP Hull 142? if it was XRH859X it was bought when fairly young by mick pollard featured further down and run until 1988 when it was replaced by a spanking new 143-450 on italian work - F310EDB later ended up at Paddy Gallaghers where it featured in one of the mags for it’s paint job, tentative link anyone?! :smiley:

A little memory jerker nmp, Buzzer

Truckerash - Do you rmember or have any pictures of the old Schifino (if thats how it is spelled) line. The ferry that used to haul trucks from Dover to Calais.
A real rusting hulk with more holes in the side than a collander.
Ladders instead of stairs to get from one deck to the next and a hoist to haul the trucks up to the top - Scary!

Hi ll, buzzer the white volvo f10/12 with the strippy bumper could be Skillbeach. or perhaps not,goes blurred when you make it too big. :sunglasses:

gerbil sb152:
Hi ll, buzzer the white volvo f10/12 with the strippy bumper could be Skillbeach. or perhaps not,goes blurred when you make it too big. :sunglasses:

You may well be right there Kev, I remember S.John with the MAN think they were from Bedford way IIRC, JD.

Buzzer:

gerbil sb152:

You may well be right there Kev, I remember S.John with the MAN think they were from Bedford way IIRC, JD.

John, they were from Bedford (SJohn) …

gerbil sb152:

I was thinking Hallett Silberman for the Volvo - but I could well be wrong.

Cheers Keith

Hi All,
A couple from the Eighties, the Volvo I think came from Ash, The Sed Atki I cant remember where it was obtained from,

Any info on the Sed Atki much appreciated.

I have a few more but from the nineties, one is a Turners FH12 taken at Betz HQ

Ron

truckerash:
Sunday evening… time for a few more “gems” me thinks :smiley:
and for you London boys:
Anyone know this bloke MALTRANS?

the wagon was registered in Wigan, and I’m sure I recognise that plate, REK 208R. It’ll probably come back to me about 3 a.m. :unamused:

Hi All
My first post!!!

A photo of my dads lorry on route to Latina (Italy) 1980 Reg no SFP 747R… Named CONCORDE in the H.E.MUSGROVE & SONS FLEET

jaymus:
Hi All
My first post!!!

A photo of my dads lorry on route to Latina (Italy) 1980 Reg no SFP 747R… Named CONCORDE in the H.E.MUSGROVE & SONS FLEET

Here you go chap. :smiley: :wink:

Pic taken at Mont Cenis.

Blew it up a bit.

pic1.PNG

pete smith:

suefrank:
Hi lads I drove in middle east about 1980 for squires of Wolverhampton, that picture of that daf brings back memories. I drove daf 2800 EOJ 885 V good old tool have photos somewhere.

Bit late but here is a pic of the Daf, (pic. Robert Dunn)

This picture brings back memories, that’s my old truck many miles in this old girl.

Me in Zeebrugge…not 80s but early 90s …hope you don’t mind!!

My first ride to swiss…In Dad`s Scania 111…1984 summer school holidays. Dad (Melvyn) sitting in middle lorry having a chat, language difference didn’t put him off!!

Great pics Jaymus,keep em coming

…Col du Mont Cenis… on a coal run

Hi mother trucker, trucker ash has defo got a picture of the schiaffino line ferry i will pester him for it, i know he has it because he gave it to me, i can not post it without his permision.Paul.
[/quote]

dieseldog6:
Yes Ash, well i did say it was a long shot, aimed at any Essex drivers that may have worked with him and remember the incident.

Ok Ash here’s another one for you, when I used to ship out from Sheerness on a Sunday night, there used to be a company from S/Wales, Altie or Alte Express, yellow trucks with i think a brown stripe, they had Mercs and Scanias plus a 6 legger Crusader with a Detroit in it, Henk drove the Crusader and one of the others was Eric Coventry they ran Germany most of the time I knew them. another one on that crossing was Dave who drove a ■■■■■■ for Versapak out of Dagenham.

I remember them from my childhood, they used to run out of what is now Salvesons place on the Polo grounds estate near Cwmbran. One of their drivers used to live around the corner and bring a truck home now and again. I think it was Alte Express and possibly in a prevoius incarnation Skerrits running from Risca.