TRUCKIN IN THE 80's (International)

truckerash:
evenin all…
And who remembers Syms from Calne? Swallowed up by Dodds.

Yes, but swallowed up via the Official Receiver, weren’t they?

And you’re right - the Sayers fleet was very well turned out, wan’t it?

truckerash:
I heard that this lot did Middle East too. Anyone know?

I’m not sure whether BW did ME work truckerash, but IIRC they sometimes reloaded in Tony Febland’s at Novara (Via Bovio??)
I definitely remember seeing them in Italy.

hey up jessicas dad, whats yor connection with the Boughton Cold Store pics then?
Im born and bread Northampton and used to go past thier yard all the time.
Never took any pics cause the motors didnt really appeal to me :confused:
Scabby old slack aks and mercs :blush:

oh by the way…still lookin for your Yardley photo!

its about time i put some Scottish stuff on here and after last nights footy result where they “stuffed” the frogs :smiley: :smiley: , what better way to celebrate than with a few good ole truckin photos!

This has to be my very very fave Scottish photo. I spotted it at The Red Lion, junction 16 M1 Northampton.

sit back and enjoy these fine lasses…

i beleive this lot did middle east

Cattos definatley didnt, but i snapped this lot on the way to Rungis

Bon Accord had a fine fleet…

and Vick Mathers had a couple of Fiats pulling for um.

shame Wales didnt do better in the footy…otherwise i could put a load of Welsh pics up :frowning:
Shedicks, Hicks, L E Jones, John Raymond…
oh go on then, maybe tomorrow :slight_smile:

Yes please on the Welsh collection. Can I suggest Cardiff international too if you have any?

i know it’s a wild stab in the dark as you seem to feature international fleet’s

but would you have any david bratt pictures yellow n red truck’s based in cheadle near stockport and austin wilkinson’s used to be in weaste in salford but now based in astley or failing that flat wagon’s and heavy haulage and machinery movement’s

oh btw top thread :slight_smile:

gonzothejaffa1:
i know it’s a wild stab in the dark as you seem to feature international fleet’s

but would you have any david bratt pictures yellow n red truck’s based in cheadle near stockport and austin wilkinson’s used to be in weaste in salford but now based in astley or failing that flat wagon’s and heavy haulage and machinery movement’s

oh btw top thread :slight_smile:

thats a big stab…david bratt? :confused: sorry pal, never heard of them :frowning:
not sure that i have pics of austin wilko, but ill certainly have a look…
think ill have to start another thread showing “domestic” UK only kit.
got loads of flats and heavy haulers…
truoble is, im stuck on this “international” malarky and im gonna be away for at least another month boss…

mechanic77:
Yes please on the Welsh collection. Can I suggest Cardiff international too if you have any?

well, look at that :astonished: i was just looking at some of my “fave Merc photos” and hey presto…cardiff International.
its your lucky night :wink:

truckerash:
hey up jessicas dad, whats yor connection with the Boughton Cold Store pics then?

my dad worked for them from their speedy bake yard in wakefield. he reckons it was a good job till it went ■■■■ up… well they got took over by continental freeze

then they got told " buy your lorry and subbie to us or you’ve had it. "

oh by the way…still lookin for your Yardley photo!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: i bet you dont find one :wink:

a fiver says i do… :wink:

truckerash:
a fiver says i do… :wink:

am i being led into something here :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: pmsl

better start savin your pennies matey, reckon ill be on for a tenner!
oh, itll be worth it alright :wink: :wink:
what if i threw: MIckey Mouse Foden at you■■?

as i said last week alex - my money’s on him finding one eventually :laughing:

put a proper grin on my face lookin at you go past :laughing:looks well that motor.dont fancy a swop 4 a plain white 4x2 low roof narrow cabbed slow uncomfortable axor do you? :blush:
[/quote]
hi ya whooshwhoosh,glad you like it.
hmmm,swap for merc,erm,kind offer but certainly not.
they’re a typical shabby jerry trick.
[/quote]

ah well,worth a try :unamused: ,but lovely job on that crusader,be proud! :laughing: ps…dont leave the keys in un attended…ha whoosh! :wink:

And who remembers Syms from Calne? Swallowed up by Dodds.

some o the syms drivers transfered to dodds when i worked there,always moaned how it was better at syms…then dodds shut the calne depot…they stopped moanin then :blush:

dieseldave Tony Febland’s ? I think I know Tony - just give my brain a jump start…

Truckerash, Absolutely brilliant, Keep 'em coming.

Have you got any Peter G Bowker, or Leslie Trucking pictures. They did euro work in the 70s and 80s.
Also do you have any of the RH Stevens Swiss registered motors, they’d be blue, probably Volvos, one of which was registered BS4020.
Or DOW Freight, pereferably the MANs.
Please :laughing:
Keep up the good work, looking forward to the National thread.

truckerash:
better start savin your pennies matey, reckon ill be on for a tenner!
oh, itll be worth it alright :wink: :wink:
what if i threw: MIckey Mouse Foden at you■■?

im definatly being hustled here.

and if you found an mickey mouse then i would be well pleased cos thats what my dad used to drive for them where they had a yard in london.
when he did the the european he had a merc 1626 and i they only had 2.

i just checked with him and his reg with the foden was 801.

:laughing: :wink: thanks again for looking.

jj72:
as i said last week alex - my money’s on him finding one eventually :laughing:

i know j… things are looking good.

Kate:
one of which was registered BS4020.

pointless fact kate …

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

that bs4020 is now a british standard for processed cheese.

BS 4020:1974 Methods for the estimation and differentiation of nisin in processed cheese
BS 4020:1974 Methods for the estimation and differentiation of nisin in processed…