TRUCKIN IN THE 80's (International)

Atkins,a real blast from the past,they used to have a office at Poole docks,
are they still going ■■? i havent seen one of their motors for years !

Re that newer iveco whilst im not a fan i believe (happy to be corrected ?)
they made a twin turbo one that really flew ? i remember an owner driver
had the first one (so he said) in the country it was red from memory and
he used to sub for Curries of Dumfries,used to always come through
Poole,he reckoned that it would keep up with a 142 ■■? a big statment i
know but im only repeating what he said !

Also can you lot remember all the french owner drivers that were still
running ford transcontinentals for Laurent Pelliet in the late 80s ?

truckerash:

wirralpete:
ash any chance you might have some pics of tankers from the 70’s or 80’s?. would love to see some sedaks and erfs. :slight_smile:

got sum Norm Lewis, Brit Euro, S Jones. post them up soon pal :slight_smile: keep watchin.

Ancliff’s did some euro work (tho’ not much) during the 70’s with Seddon’s and Atki’s.

this thread just get better :laughing: :laughing:
theres a chapman ball motor in destination doha you see it when they pull up at the slaysby (cafe)is that how you spell itand it defo a fiat

KW:
Ancliff’s did some euro work (tho’ not much) during the 70’s with Seddon’s and Atki’s.

Are you stalkin me KW? :confused:
Been sortin some tanker pics out and found this beat! Check out that day cab…

and just for you Wirralpete heres a few more…

Carl:
this thread just get better :laughing: :laughing:
theres a chapman ball motor in destination doha you see it when they pull up at the slaysby (cafe)is that how you spell itand it defo a fiat

In one part of “Destination Doha”,the guys are having a chinwag with a bloke with glasses who talks as if he’s got someone elses false teeth in.That was Gilbert Harding who was working for Brit European at the time.I don’t honestly know if he’s still with us.He was involved in a fatal accident somewhere local I think,when his steering locked up as he was changing lanes in a contra flow,and he collided with a car.

truckerash:
just for you then Harry…some lovely Maggies :confused: :laughing:

apparantly HT Transport ran to the Middel East. DId you ever see them Ian?

I heard that this lot did Middle East too. Anyone know?
quote]

I have vague memories of HT,but I don’t think they were ever a big player.
I don’t think Maggies were ever a good investment on M/E,I saw more coming home on the backs of trailers rather than under their own steam.
“You call-we haul” did a lot of M/E,they have several galleries of photos on Ferdy’s Toprun site.

Here is one I drove earlier. Good truck ,as it 'appens!

I heard that this lot did Middle East too. Anyone know?
quote]

I have vague memories of HT,but I don’t think they were ever a big player.
I don’t think Maggies were ever a good investment on M/E,I saw more coming home on the backs of trailers rather than under their own steam.
“You call-we haul” did a lot of M/E,they have several galleries of photos on Ferdy’s Toprun site.
[/quote]

IAN:
you quoted the wrong photo. :confused: i heard that this lot did Middle East too… those words went with the photo of BROWN WARRIOR Fiat and ERF, not Trans UK. …anyway, any clues to Brown Warrior?

many thanks ash, that sedak 400, remind me of my dads motor he had when he worked for castrol. i know people knock them but he loved it, also with it being a day cab we used to stay in digs, anyoe remember the tunnel motel at greenwich?. also spent a lot of the time hitchhiking to the wagon that was parked up on the pops or the raven on a dodgy night out!. thanks again ash :smiley:

hiya ash,just wonderin have you any pix,memories or anything of xjo 905r,my friend has the remains of this lorry,apparently it was used by the who as part of their road crew,maybe owned by a part of their group of companies?
It was like a creamey colour with some wierd stripes ont side with gold bits??most of the parts have been gathered so will be starting soon.
he used to own 904R for a few years which he sold last year to someone in staffordshire.
started runnin abroad again so catch yer end o week.

truckerash:
and who wants to see another Read European cabbed ERF and an A SERIES ERF thundering across the desert■■? :smiley: :smiley:

An A Series■■? Wow - can’t wait to see that!

Propa Lorry, if your mates got a lorry the used to belong to the WHO, then it would have belonged to ML Executive, based at Shepperton Studios in the '70’s & Early 80’s

That was the WHO’s own transport company.

When they finished, their kit was bought by Redburn Transfer.

Redburns only ran the trailers, don’t know what happened to the tractors.

ML Executive still exist but only as a ‘Rock & Roll’ freight forwarders, based in Dartford.

I think the current owners only bought the name but they may possibly have some old info/ archive on the old motors.

just wondering ash have you got any pics of mortimers of melksham?

truckerash:

KW:

Are you stalkin me KW? :confused:
Been sortin some tanker pics out and found this beat! Check out that day cab…

I’ll ask my brother who the driver was of that one,he was a mechanic at Ancliff’s in Felixstowe from the early 70’s into the early 80’s.

They were all day cab’s,even the guys that used to do a bit across the water had day cab’s.The first sleepers on the firm were a pair of Sedd-Atki 400’s which were driven by Reg Ablitt and Ken Cleaver.
All the trucks had 240 Gardner’s under the bonnet.

They did run 2 or 3 Scania 110 day cab’s out of Felixstowe too,which I think were H or J reg.

evenin all…

ive had a busy few days “up the road”, so i thought id indulge in some of my fave trucks tonight :wink:
hope you all aprove…

ive mentioned this lot before. Has to be one of the best turned out fleets that ever trucked in the 80’s !

another nice liveried outfit. Even nicer to see um still goin today.

Brand new 141 and matchin tilt. chopped the back off for sum reasom :frowning: :frowning:

And who remembers Syms from Calne? Swallowed up by Dodds.

AAAARRRRGGGGGG…how did that wendy house get in here :blush:

euromat:
just wondering ash have you got any pics of mortimers of melksham?

certainly have mate :slight_smile:

got some of the newer stuff too, but that’ll hav to wait til i do “truckin in the 2000’s” :confused:
trouble is with that one, i havnt got any pics of eastern euro sheds!

Dazzler:
Propa Lorry, if your mates got a lorry the used to belong to the WHO, then it would have belonged to ML Executive, based at Shepperton Studios in the '70’s & Early 80’s

That was the WHO’s own transport company.

When they finished, their kit was bought by Redburn Transfer.

Redburns only ran the trailers, don’t know what happened to the tractors.

ML Executive still exist but only as a ‘Rock & Roll’ freight forwarders, based in Dartford.

I think the current owners only bought the name but they may possibly have some old info/ archive on the old motors.

lads: thinks i mite hav pics of XJO…give me a day or 3 to sort. i know i got pics of F12’s with same livery. post um all together. watch this space as they say…
oh, and i got pics of early redburn 111’s too :slight_smile:

heres a couple of my dads old un’s…

here’s some more…