Truckfest for the ...errr...... more mature enthusiast!

a serious amount of polishing

and finally

More a daf man meself,but dont seem long since m and n reg scanias
and no am not aold fogey,only 37

a serious amount of polishing

[/quote]
One of the best on show… such a nice truck, and a top bloke to go with it… :grimacing: :smiley:
And i fellow carpet delivery man too…must show the boss to give him some ideas!!! lol.

Like the photo of the Bedford RL - first truck i drove in the RAF, that and the bedford with the sliding doors, demisters thing of the future !!

Still have the scars on my elbows from the RL, those who ever drove one will know what i mean !!

Nice pics Denis. :smiley:

great photos there dennis

and some good lookin wagons as well

bigtrev:
Like the photo of the Bedford RL - first truck i drove in the RAF, that and the bedford with the sliding doors, demisters thing of the future !!

Still have the scars on my elbows from the RL, those who ever drove one will know what i mean !!

The gear stick was a bit far back!

It’s the only truck I’ve driven were you open the engine cover to get some heat (& fumes) in the cab

Ive seen that K reg F12 owned by Hartleys out on the roa today ulling a trailer, it must still be a working truck

Thanks a great selection of pictures,any more hidden away ,

Great pics, im sure that black 143 used to belong to Shippy from Mildenhall, it was Scoobys old truck when he pulled for Portbridge (P.T.I) im not sure if ive got any pics of it so i can check thou…

At last some decent pictures, not too many and none of the Arty ■■■■■ wanna be David Bailey pics…

Spot on, love some of those old trucks, by the way does anyone know if Simpsons Removals from Gravesend were at the show??

superb pics Denis id love a job drivin an old scania or a f12(again) :smiley:

bugcos:
Ive seen that K reg F12 owned by Hartleys out on the roa today ulling a trailer, it must still be a working truck

Yesterday i seen a F registered F10 (?),thats got to be 1989 ? Oh, pulling a Morrisons trailer.

Coddy:
At last some decent pictures, not too many and none of the Arty ■■■■■ wanna be David Bailey pics…

Spot on, love some of those old trucks, by the way does anyone know if Simpsons Removals from Gravesend were at the show??

Hi Coddy, Hear, hear. :smiley:
I didn’t notice a Simpson’s truck at the show, but TBF, I didn’t get to see all of the trucks. :frowning:

dieseldave:
I didn’t notice a Simpson’s truck at the show, but TBF, I didn’t get to see all of the trucks. :frowning:

that will be because the Kettle needed someone with DGSA and ADR to operate it :wink: elf 'n safety innit :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mike-C:

bugcos:

Yesterday i seen a F registered F10 (?),thats got to be 1989 ? Oh, pulling a Morrisons trailer.

I seen the K reg on the M1 one night, couldnt miss it really, there must be at least 30 green lights on the front, and im sure it had trophys on the dash, there was a long haired guy driving it.

i really enjoyed those photos dennis.thanks for that!
bet the guy with the polished carpet truck has arms like popeye!

buck73:
i really enjoyed those photos dennis.thanks for that!
bet the guy with the polished carpet truck has arms like popeye!

If you’re meaning from carrying carpet then aye. I used to do the carpet and it certainly kept you fit!

The polishing? I once pulled into the services for a 45 and when I was leaving the french dude was still on the same wheel :open_mouth:

can someone explain the difference in a 2 series and a 3 series scanny? they look the same to me apart from the first one. the big creamy coloured one :confused:

3 series scania has differnt interior ie dash layout door trim etc