Truckfest for the ...errr...... more mature enthusiast!

Great pictures Denis…

Coddy:
At last some decent pictures, not too many and none of the Arty ■■■■■ wanna be David Bailey pics…

Spot on, love some of those old trucks, by the way does anyone know if Simpsons Removals from Gravesend were at the show??

Uh Hum, I like to think i took some pretty decent pictures if you dont mind… :wink: (albeit quite a few)

can someone explain the difference in a 2 series and a 3 series scanny? they look the same to me apart from the first one. the big creamy coloured one

Externally not a great deal TBH…

Mirrors had backs on the to cover the brackets
Grille had power output badge on it
Air intake was different
Cant recall anything else(i’m sure someone will correct me and add to it)

Later Streamline Models were different however with headlamp surrounds etc…

Internally it was totally revamped with different dashboard etc…

great pic’s denis,my personal faviroute of the show was h.e.paynes old volvo f88,not a volvo fan at all but that just stood right out for me.

that first pic was a stunning example i looked around that at the weekend i like gilders aswell

V8Actros:
great pic’s denis,my personal faviroute of the show was h.e.paynes old volvo f88,not a volvo fan at all but that just stood right out for me.

I’m a fan of the older Volvo’s :blush: but the one that really stood out for me was the Centurion :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

OMG I’ve just admitted to liking a Scania

Correct me if i am wrong but…I am sure i drove a F10 with a 6 speed box…3 Low & 3 High…

Seymie:
Correct me if i am wrong but…I am sure i drove a F10 with a 6 speed box…3 Low & 3 High…

Hi Seymie, I wonder whether that could have been an FL10, rather than an F10■■
IIRC, the F10 had a 16-speed gearbox.

I do recall the higher-powered FL10 (360hp) having a 6-speed gearbox though. :smiley:

dieseldave:

Seymie:

Hi Seymie, I wonder whether that could have been an FL10, rather than an F10■■
IIRC, the F10 had a 16-speed gearbox.

I do recall the higher-powered FL10 (360hp) having a 6-speed gearbox though. :smiley:

Not all the F10 or F10’s had a 4 speed gearbox with range change and splitter. Some did have a 3 speed with a range change, some even had a splitter box.

Wheel Nut:
Not all the F10 or F10’s had a 4 speed gearbox with range change and splitter. Some did have a 3 speed with a range change, some even had a splitter box.

Hi Malc, that’s interesting, cos I drove plenty of FL10s but only encountered two types of gearbox…

IIRC, the FL10 320hp had an 8-speed range-change…
and the FL10 360hp had a 6-speed range change.

I never encountered an FL10 that had a splitter.

I only ever drove one F10, (an F1017) and that had an 8-speed range change with a little ‘T-bar’ thingy on the dash that was the splitter.

Have you actually seen an FL10 that had a splitter?? (I haven’t.)

Great pics mate! :smiley:

Sorry to carry this on off-topic, but just to put my penny in…

dieseldave:

Wheel Nut:

Hi Malc, that’s interesting, cos I drove plenty of FL10s but only encountered two types of gearbox…

I only ever drove one F10, (an F1017) and that had an 8-speed range change with a little ‘T-bar’ thingy on the dash that was the splitter.

FL10’s definitely came with either the 9 speed (H-over-H plus crawler), or the 14 speed (3 over 3 with splitter and 2 crawlers), and latterly geartronic which i believe had the 14-speed at the heart of it. I’m pretty sure the early ones were also available with the 16 speed, but this was replaced by the 14 speed from about 1990/91. Same with the F10/12’s.

i love the older trucks from the 80s and 90s, they look so much better than the newer trucks imho

euromat:
i love the older trucks from the 80s and 90s, they look so much better than the newer trucks imho

Definately Mat, and the 70’s trucks too, even though i am to young to have driven any 70’s trucks, thye have so much charachter to them…

Roger Breaker:
Great pics mate! :smiley:

Sorry to carry this on off-topic, but just to put my penny in…

dieseldave:

Wheel Nut:

FL10’s definitely came with either the 9 speed (H-over-H plus crawler), or the 14 speed (3 over 3 with splitter and 2 crawlers), and latterly geartronic which i believe had the 14-speed at the heart of it. I’m pretty sure the early ones were also available with the 16 speed, but this was replaced by the 14 speed from about 1990/91. Same with the F10/12’s.

Are you sure you are not thinking about the FL12’s with that…( i may be wrong)
We had FL10’s and 12’s at Hill Hire and the 10’s were a 9 speed and the 12’s a 12 speed…

BuzzardBoy:
Are you sure you are not thinking about the FL12’s with that…( i may be wrong)

Not sitting on the fence there are ya mate? :wink: :wink: :wink: :slight_smile:

Scanned from 1995 tractor range brochure (I’m at risk of being called a total anorak here!), all FL10’s and 12’s available with both 9 & 14 speed boxes, and also the 285bhp FL7

(sorry, off topic again i know :blush: )

great pics denis some classic metal there

the black 143 used to belong to dobsons scrap metal merchants in
landor st b’ham then went onto dudley area,then a mate of mine in brownhills owned it and he sold it to lakeland services at carlisle but dont know who owns it now

daz2006:
the black 143 used to belong to dobsons scrap metal merchants in
landor st b’ham then went onto dudley area,then a mate of mine in brownhills owned it and he sold it to lakeland services at carlisle but dont know who owns it now

watch out for lakeland services at carlisle, black motors, owed me 17k i went bust because of it he still hasnt paid as far as i know, but not to worry, i never let them get away with it :wink:

bigtrev:
Like the photo of the Bedford RL - first truck i drove in the RAF, that and the bedford with the sliding doors, demisters thing of the future !!

Still have the scars on my elbows from the RL, those who ever drove one will know what i mean !!

I can’t remember which foot first but when youclimbed up if you got it wrong you ended up facing backwards :confused:

I know I’m opening a can of worms, I know it’s “each to his own”, and I’m genuinely not looking for an argument but if I live to be a hundred I will never understand what on earth would possess someone who spends the entire week looking at trucks to pay good money to spend the weekend looking at trucks. :wink:

A FIVE star selection of lorry’s thanks a lot

Denis,

you guys going to be at Brands Hatch?