Truckers TV series mid to late 80s

Can any one remember the TV comedy/drama? series called Truckers? I was only about 11 at the time The company in it were called Pickards if i remember right. Im pretty sure there was only one series made. Does anyone Know if videos/downloads are available of it? Seem to remember the fleet were ERF/ Fodens. I think a modern day version would be quite a good thing to have on TV!

It has been mentioned and posted here somewhere before? think its in bully’s somewhere ?

thanks ill go and look

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24706

try the link it may be what your lookin for

remember there was a great series on years ago about a removalist company, i think one of the lads was called bamber or something, used to love it

My mum always used to watch The Brothers. and then run her traffic office just like them :slight_smile:

OK then heres another one. Cant remember the name of the program, but it was about two truckers whose nicknames where Dogfood Dan, and the Carmarthen Cowboy. thats all i know can anyone help?

bugcos:
OK then heres another one. Cant remember the name of the program, but it was about two truckers whose nicknames where Dogfood Dan, and the Carmarthen Cowboy. thats all i know can anyone help?

I think that was the name of it

bugcos:

“Dogfood Dan and the Carmarthen Cowboy”

beattun:
remember there was a great series on years ago about a removalist company, i think one of the lads was called bamber or something, used to love it

“Moving Story”

There was another character who wore an Olympic type medal round his neck then used to hang it up in the cab as I recall.

I worked for a rather dodgy guy called Bill Kelly in Langley Mill, Derbyshire during the mid/late 80’s; I always swore that one of the writers of “Truckers” had either worked for Bill, or knew a driver who did, since some of the plots were eerily similar to my own experiences!

i remember this being on tv…think cowboy drove a goldie looking MACK maybe wrong…only episode i can remember is the one with a boat on the back of a trailer getting stuck under a bridge…and that dirty greasy mechanic in it…cant think of his nickname in it now…i also remember it was filmed nr a major trunk route …

I loved Dogfood Dan and the Carmarthen Cowboy but had forgotton all about it.
I do remember ‘The Brothers’ with Hammond Haulage though.

OK then,let’s see how old you are!Who can remember “Cannonball”,the American trucking tales,must have been in the '50’s I think,in black and white.(Well,we all lived in black and white then didn’t we?)

The company in Cannonball was “C & J Trucking” if my memory is correct. My older brother and I used to watch it on a little 9 inch Bush (brown bakelite with fluted sides to let the heat out) telly, black and white obviously. Not much choice in programmes either, I think it was only BBC then. I remember as a kid one of the jokes you asked your mates at school was - Have you got ITV? If the reply was “Yes” you responded with - well cut the legs down a bit then!

Big Gaz:
i remember this being on tv…think cowboy drove a goldie looking MACK maybe wrong…only episode i can remember is the one with a boat on the back of a trailer getting stuck under a bridge…and that dirty greasy mechanic in it…cant think of his nickname in it now…i also remember it was filmed nr a major trunk route …

Filmed in a yard at Clock Face, right by the side of the M62. 1987, I think. The Mack belonged to an O’/D who lived in Darwen - he ran it for a while after, complete with horns on the front, and a BBC-TV sticker in the windscreen

Your both wrong there, Cannonball was a Canadian/British enterprise started by Lew Grade of all people, he had his finger in a few pies in Canada, and if memory serves me correct Granada TV is a conglomeration of Grade and Canada, the company was called C&A Trucking with Mike Malone & Jerry Austin, they were the only American actors in the series the rest were all Canadian. and as far as I know, no episodes exist today, but if you know different let me know, it was filmed around Toronto.

You can get a DVD of Cannonball from the dreaded Ebay, I got one a few months ago and the quality is quite good, you can even hear the sound of the Detroit Diesel in the GMC, Even if it is in Black & White :wink:

What about “Movin On” Just had a senior moment Forgotten the actors name.Well known. ■■■■.I’m going to post it anyway

Was his name Sonny Pruitt, and his mate was called Will.