Truckers phrase book for France

I did 4 weeks holliday cover running to france for my boss over xmas, (never done euro before )i must have done a good job as he as asked me to go on it full time at the end of the month. is there a handbook for truckers, i.e. learning french words trucking related, rules and regs, highway code, if so where can i buy one from.

thanks dave.

If you are stopped by the Police in France, a handy phrase to know is “Encoulez-vous Monsieur, Je ne vais pas payer votre amende” :wink:

Harry Monk:
If you are stopped by the Police in France, a handy phrase to know is “Encoulez-vous Monsieur, Je ne vais pas payer votre amende” :wink:

You would probably be better off using “Bonjour”, rather than “Encoulez-vous”.
Google won’t translate it, which leads me to suspect it aught to be amended to [zb].

You can, if you’re brave enough, try it, but don’t forget that Gendarme translates to Gentleman of Arms (as in armoury arms, not the two we have coming from our shoulders). They are essentially the military wing of the Police force in France. :smiley:

Ah, but the Police are not gendarmes, they are the Police, and they generally seem to get very ■■■■■■ off if you refer to them as gendarmes.

didster7:
I did 4 weeks holliday cover running to france for my boss over xmas, (never done euro before )i must have done a good job as he as asked me to go on it full time at the end of the month. is there a handbook for truckers, i.e. learning french words trucking related, rules and regs, highway code, if so where can i buy one from.

thanks dave.

You used to get a truck related phrase book in about 5 or 6 langauges with a new Renault truck, Had all the words for the mechanical stuff and then being French plenty of words for getting a meal and drink. :laughing:

“Fais-moi un pompier” is another useful phrase for those wishing to become familiar with the French tongue :wink:

muckles:
You used to get a truck related phrase book in about 5 or 6 langauges with a new Renault truck, Had all the words for the mechanical stuff and then being French plenty of words for getting a meal and drink. :laughing:

thats because renaults have mechanical problems so much they decided to give the driver a book of terms for the garage and for the restaurant or hotel while they’re waiting to get it fixed :laughing: :laughing:

didster7 if you need any help first of all have a read through the stickys and if that doesn’t help just put a question up and somebody will be able to help.

i got the stickys in before britpete :grimacing: :grimacing:

welshboyinspain:

muckles:

thats because renaults have mechanical problems so much they decided to give the driver a book of terms for the garage and for the restaurant or hotel while they’re waiting to get it fixed :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing:

I love France and I love French people, but any truck assembled by people with the French work ethic is unlikely to be very reliable…

Harry Monk:
Ah, but the Police are not gendarmes, they are the Police, and they generally seem to get very ■■■■■■ off if you refer to them as gendarmes.

:laughing: Right enough.

Gendarmes are fairly easy to recognise, they are the ones getting out of the car with GENDARMERIE on the side :smiley:

Yep, the Gendarmerie would no more do a truck control than the SAS.

Simon:
You would probably be better off using “Bonjour”, rather than “Encoulez-vous”.

Yes, I think you are probably right!

didster7:

thanks dave.

Send me a cheque for 15 quid and you can download this one :wink:

truckspeak.monsite.wanadoo.fr/

Wheel Nut:

do you take paypal :laughing: :wink:

Harry Monk:
Yep, the Gendarmerie would no more do a truck control than the SAS.

i’m a bit confused now harry(not hard) :laughing: are you saying that the gendarmes would NOT be doing a control?
i was in one last week in castets where the gendarmes were stopping trucks with blue bikes and taking them into castets where they were met by a peugeot van with gendarme written on it. i have also been through a control where the police stop you with white bikes and their uniforms are definitely different to the gendarmes but they also have a plain white van with them that checks eveerything on the truck :confused: :confused:

Personally I have only ever been controlled by Police and Douanes in France but that’s just my experience.

I’ve never had a problem with the Carabinieri in Italy either, only ever the Polizia Stradale, but again that is just my own experience.

Harry Monk:
Personally I have only ever been controlled by Police and Douanes in France but that’s just my experience.

I’ve never had a problem with the Carabinieri in Italy either, only ever the Polizia Stradale, but again that is just my own experience.

the carabinieri have the best boots of any enforcement agencies :laughing: :laughing:

jimti:

Wheel Nut:

do you take paypal :laughing: :wink:

YEP… :laughing:

Eyyyyyyyylowwwwww. doooooooo yooooooooou speaaaaaaaaak innnnnnnngliiiiiiish monnnnnnsewwwwwwerrrrrr ■■■■?

limeyphil:
Eyyyyyyyylowwwwww. doooooooo yooooooooou speaaaaaaaaak innnnnnnngliiiiiiish monnnnnnsewwwwwwerrrrrr ■■■■?

Would you translate that into English please mate ?

Google Translate just goes into :open_mouth: :question: :question: :open_mouth: mode

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: