Truckers forum more like keyboard warriors!

It seems like this forum is full of morons who only comment in a keyboard warrior way. I’ve never been on a forum with so many negative people. It is a big eye opener that the UK HGV drivers don’t stick together. They whinge and moan when they are treated badly and wonder why that is. And yet they allow companies to treat them so badly from people who have never driven a truck to tell them they are just a driver. Plus only paid minimum wage and be told its a non skilled job. But all this is because there is no solidarity!!!

Well, nobody holds a gun against your head and forces you to stay here. :wink:

Harry Monk:
Well, nobody holds a gun against your head and forces you to stay here. :wink:

I totally agree with you thats probably one of the best replies I’ve had all day. Its just a shame that truck drivers are treated unfairly for what they do.

Oh look, another whiny poster attacking our beloved real world refuge. Be gone with you silly little man :imp:

Minimum wage . . . not on your Nelly matey boy

Suedehead:
Minimum wage . . . not on your Nelly matey boy

Again heres another truck driver who thinks he earns good money. There is no such thing as good money as a truck driver. As a truck driver you are.on the same.money as a fork lift driver. How does that make you feel? And he takes a lot less risk than you and knows exactly what time he is finishing and dont risk fines like you do. As long as you think that you are on good money thats all that matters.

The title of this thread.
Oh, the irony.

Grumpy_old_trucker:
The title of this thread.
Oh, the irony.

Well i do enjoy the banter lol

Ahh a quick look at your posting history and it all becomes clear .
You started 3 different threads wanting HGV drivers made a priority for vaccination and it didn’t go the way you expected it to go - so you started another thread to complain about the other3 threads .
You might be new to forums it looks like your new to this one but then again you could be an undercover sock - one never quite knows these days so take a little advice -
1- sometimes people have different opinoins than you do (some people have a different opinion when they post as their alterego as well which is really confusing sometimes )
2- sometimes threads don’t go the way you think they will go .
3- sometimes the best thing to do is let it go gently , no screaming or shouting , no getting all excited and jumping up and down and name calling
4 - and this is probably the most important idea - SOME members of this forum love to wind people up , stir the pot and be awkward and contrary. Expect to be called a ■■■■■ , snowflake, wimp , crybaby and pretty much anything else that you can think of . Deal with it or consider if this is really the right place for you .
Just so you know my position - I’ll wait my turn for vaccination , there are many others out there in greater need of it than me , I’m doing my job and gratefull to have something to do every week .

edited when I realised you had started 3 threads all about the same thing (your asking for trouble doing that mate - just my opinion )

beefy4605:
You started 3 different threads wanting HGV drivers made a priority for vaccination and it didn’t go the way you expected it to go - so you started another thread to complain about the other3 threads .
You might be new to forums it looks like your new to this one but then again you could be an undercover sock - one never quite knows these days so take a little advice -
1- sometimes people have different opinoins than you do (some people have a different opinion when they post as their alterego as well which is really confusing sometimes )
3- sometimes the best thing to do is let it go gently , no screaming or shouting , no getting all excited and jumping up and down and name calling
4 - and this is probably the most important idea - SOME members of this forum love to wind people up , stir the pot and be awkward and contrary. Expect to be called a ■■■■■ , snowflake, wimp , crybaby and pretty much anything else that you can think of . Deal with it or consider if this is really the right place for you .
Just so you know my position - I’ll wait my turn for vaccination , there are many others out there in greater need of it than me , I’m doing my job and gratefull to have something to do every week .

edited when I realised you had started 3 threads all about the same thing (your asking for trouble doing that mate - just my opinion )

Well said this maybe the best post of the day i do know we will all get are turn but for me it’s about making a point dont you ever get tired of being called just a driver by someone who has never drove an artic in there life !..

Ive had the worst jobs muilty drop gen haulage tramping
And also the easy trunking jobs and tanking ive done it all as a hgv driver its not for everyone long hours and taking risks

I wouldn’t ever encourage anyone to be a truck driver worst job ive ever had the level of respect ive seen towards hgv drivers begs belief

I was told hgv driving is a job for life lol no ■■■■ but would you really want it if you really knew how crap it can be

Not the best effort I must say…

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

polytrotter:
Not the best effort I must say…

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Hilarious like it :smiley:

Jayjay350z:
It seems like this forum is full of morons who only comment in a keyboard warrior way.

I don’t just comment, I practice what I preach.

Plus only paid minimum wage and be told its a non skilled job.

I’ve never driven a truck for minimum wage, I’ve not set foot inside one for under £10/hr for over a decade. And when it comes down to skill, no it’s not a skilled job, it doesn’t even require you to have done even elementary education to do, let alone further or higher education like A levels, BTEC or Degree. It’s at best semi-skilled. Other than a licence and the joke of a qualification which is the DCPC, which is done in a way that absolutely no skilled job would allow a qualification to be done, the skillset that is required isn’t that much and that skillset requirement is being reduced year on year as time goes on. Decades ago you needed to know how to double clutch then by the late 80s that was on it’s way out. Now you don’t even need to know how to change gear, you don’t even need to know how to use a map anymore.

Hell it’s not even hard work for the majority. Hardly anyone has to rope and sheet or strip down and rebuild tilt trailers any more. Other than securing a load most drivers never touch it save a small number who are doing things like home delivery, supermarket deliveries and the like. The only thing remotely hard about the job are the long working day and unsocial hours.

Jayjay350z:
[dont you ever get tired of being called just a driver by someone who has never drove an artic in there life !..

Nope.

Jayjay350z:

beefy4605:

Well said this maybe the best post of the day i do know we will all get are turn but for me it’s about making a point dont you ever get tired of being called just a driver by someone who has never drove an artic in there life !..

And also the easy trunking jobs and tanking ive done it all as a hgv driver its not for everyone long hours and taking risks

I wouldn’t ever encourage anyone to be a truck driver worst job ive ever had the level of respect ive seen towards hgv drivers begs belief

I was told hgv driving is a job for life lol no [zb] but would you really want it if you really knew how crap it can be

23 years driving
Not a career I ever imagined myself in but its where I landed and I did what I had to do to feed my family and pay my bills . Along the way I have worked to some of the worst outfits on the road and now consider where I am as one of the best places I’ve ever worked . Zero bad manners from the office , never been asked to do anything stupid in regards to the rules and regulations . Boss and the lads in the office are drivers as well , the boss can be found in a lorry just as easily as the office and is on the end of the phone 24 hours a day . Not once in nearly 10 years (4 part time 6 full time ) has the phone not been answered . Work is good , varied and keeps me interested , lorrys are fresh , well looked after and one unit /one driver apart from 5-6 that get used at weekends by one other driver per truck, trailers are looked after (a good mix of new and refurbed /second hand trailers (curtainsiders and fridges))
In those 23 years I’ve made a lot of very good friends and a lot of great contacts , you could send me just about anywhere in the UK mainland and I’ll know someone somewhere close by that I can call on for safe secure parking . I’ve never in 23 years paid for overnight parking and never had to park in a layby with traffic going past 6 inches away for 9 or 11 hours . Its a favour that I will return for people when they come to my part of the world - if our yard suits they can spend the night , if not I’ll ask round and get them somewhere suitable .
As for being called a "Driver " what about it ? I can’t help others levels of ignorance and lack of understanding . I know they havent the first clue about driving a truck , I know they couldnt evn start a truck never mind get it round a corner blindside in the rain at 2 in the morning . Why would I let those sort of idiots worry me ?
"Crap life it can be " it can be if you let yourself be tramped over and micromanaged by pointy shoed , spotty faced kids in an office that don’t know one end of a ratchet strap from another , its a good idea to steer clear of those type of places .
“ive done it all as a hgv driver” sorry to be blunt but no you havent - I doubt you’ve ever done some of the jobs I was expected to do - quick example - many years ago I was asked to load empty fish boxes in Hull and Grimsby and then head for home via Cairnryan ferry .On the way across the A66 the phone rang - could I nip down to Fleetwood and collect 300 boxes of fish? Whereare you putting them I asked . Sure your only two thirds full stick them in the back of the trailer youve plenty of room build them up . Just so you realise what was being asked 300 boxes of fish is a full load of fish probably 29 tons and they wanted that stacked from the middle axle of the fridge to the back doors . Just think about that for a minute .

They were told to either forget the idea or get somebody to Fleetwood to take the empty boxes off and the fish on as I wasn’t doing it . A few phonecalls later I told them my next stop was Cairnryan and where they could put the fish. Two weeks later another mug decided he was a hero and loaded the fish and made it to J39 on the M6 before he put the whole thing over the hedge because he hadn’t the balls to say no .

Fear not since the majority of us are old ■■■■■ we’ll be having our jab soon anyhow as they’ve announced the over 50’s will have received their 1st dose by April

Conor:

Jayjay350z:
It seems like this forum is full of morons who only comment in a keyboard warrior way.

I don’t just comment, I practice what I preach.

Plus only paid minimum wage and be told its a non skilled job.

I’ve never driven a truck for minimum wage, I’ve not set foot inside one for under £10/hr for over a decade. And when it comes down to skill, no it’s not a skilled job, it doesn’t even require you to have done even elementary education to do, let alone further or higher education like A levels, BTEC or Degree. It’s at best semi-skilled. Other than a licence and the joke of a qualification which is the DCPC, which is done in a way that absolutely no skilled job would allow a qualification to be done, the skillset that is required isn’t that much and that skillset requirement is being reduced year on year as time goes on. Decades ago you needed to know how to double clutch then by the late 80s that was on it’s way out. Now you don’t even need to know how to change gear, you don’t even need to know how to use a map anymore.

Hell it’s not even hard work for the majority. Hardly anyone has to rope and sheet or strip down and rebuild tilt trailers any more. Other than securing a load most drivers never touch it save a small number who are doing things like home delivery, supermarket deliveries and the like. The only thing remotely hard about the job are the long working day and unsocial hours.

There was a petition on line not so long back to put to the house of parliament that minimum pay for truck drivers should be £15 ph here again none of the truck drivers stuck together and signed the petition. A lot of truck drivers believe they are on a lot of money and here your saying £10 an hour that is an insult for what some truck drivers have to do on a day to day basis. Although we are classed as semi skilled or non skilled job not everybody could be a truck driver,everyday is a school day. Not everybody could do the amount of hours that some of us truck drivers do. And I do belive some level of skill is needed to put some of the trailers in places that i have put them.

beefy4605:

Jayjay350z:

beefy4605:

I was told hgv driving is a job for life lol no [zb] but would you really want it if you really knew how crap it can be

23 years driving
Not a career I ever imagined myself in but its where I landed and I did what I had to do to feed my family and pay my bills . Along the way I have worked to some of the worst outfits on the road and now consider where I am as one of the best places I’ve ever worked . Zero bad manners from the office , never been asked to do anything stupid in regards to the rules and regulations . Boss and the lads in the office are drivers as well , the boss can be found in a lorry just as easily as the office and is on the end of the phone 24 hours a day . Not once in nearly 10 years (4 part time 6 full time ) has the phone not been answered . Work is good , varied and keeps me interested , lorrys are fresh , well looked after and one unit /one driver apart from 5-6 that get used at weekends by one other driver per truck, trailers are looked after (a good mix of new and refurbed /second hand trailers (curtainsiders and fridges))
In those 23 years I’ve made a lot of very good friends and a lot of great contacts , you could send me just about anywhere in the UK mainland and I’ll know someone somewhere close by that I can call on for safe secure parking . I’ve never in 23 years paid for overnight parking and never had to park in a layby with traffic going past 6 inches away for 9 or 11 hours . Its a favour that I will return for people when they come to my part of the world - if our yard suits they can spend the night , if not I’ll ask round and get them somewhere suitable .
As for being called a "Driver " what about it ? I can’t help others levels of ignorance and lack of understanding . I know they havent the first clue about driving a truck , I know they couldnt evn start a truck never mind get it round a corner blindside in the rain at 2 in the morning . Why would I let those sort of idiots worry me ?
"Crap life it can be " it can be if you let yourself be tramped over and micromanaged by pointy shoed , spotty faced kids in an office that don’t know one end of a ratchet strap from another , its a good idea to steer clear of those type of places .
“ive done it all as a hgv driver” sorry to be blunt but no you havent - I doubt you’ve ever done some of the jobs I was expected to do - quick example - many years ago I was asked to load empty fish boxes in Hull and Grimsby and then head for home via Cairnryan ferry .On the way across the A66 the phone rang - could I nip down to Fleetwood and collect 300 boxes of fish? Whereare you putting them I asked . Sure your only two thirds full stick them in the back of the trailer youve plenty of room build them up . Just so you realise what was being asked 300 boxes of fish is a full load of fish probably 29 tons and they wanted that stacked from the middle axle of the fridge to the back doors . Just think about that for a minute .

They were told to either forget the idea or get somebody to Fleetwood to take the empty boxes off and the fish on as I wasn’t doing it . A few phonecalls later I told them my next stop was Cairnryan and where they could put the fish. Two weeks later another mug decided he was a hero and loaded the fish and made it to J39 on the M6 before he put the whole thing over the hedge because he hadn’t the balls to say no .

Its quite clear that you have been in the game a long time and you know what its all about. I have huge respect for you from 1 truck driver to another. I am currently driving mercedes actross mirrorless and I appreciate that the trucks have come a long way in technology since your time but still even now we are paid poorly and not appreciated nor given the respect that we deserve. As I have said before not everybody could be a truck driver and I will always believe it is a skilled job and always will be.

peirre:
Fear not since the majority of us are old ■■■■■ we’ll be having our jab soon anyhow as they’ve announced the over 50’s will have received their 1st dose by April

I wouldn’t count your chickens before they have hatched and I’ve seen first hand many truck drivers that have been lost to covid some of my own close work colleagues.

Jayjay350z:
There was a petition on line not so long back to put to the house of parliament that minimum pay for truck drivers should be £15 ph here again none of the truck drivers stuck together and signed the petition.

Probably because most of us are intelligent enough to understand how a free market economy works. :wink: