Truckers diets?

Just started back on the tippers last week and i know im gonna end up putting more weight on. Im 18 stone and always been a big lad since about 10 yr old. Just come off the plant wagon after 3 year and iv lost weight just by being active climbing on chaining lifting etc. never bothered with diets and fitness. 20 rollies a day smoker and its about time i got my harris into gear to get something done about it. Im going to join the local gym and get a bike to get to and from work. Just wondering if anyone has any good diets they recommend when driving, cheers

thewheel:
Just started back on the tippers last week and i know im gonna end up putting more weight on. Im 18 stone and always been a big lad since about 10 yr old. Just come off the plant wagon after 3 year and iv lost weight just by being active climbing on chaining lifting etc. never bothered with diets and fitness. 20 rollies a day smoker and its about time i got my harris into gear to get something done about it. Im going to join the local gym and get a bike to get to and from work. Just wondering if anyone has any good diets they recommend when driving, cheers

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but do you say you’re now 18 stone AFTER losing weight by climbing all over your plant wagon for the past 3yrs?

How much weight do you intend to gain by cutting out what little exercise you achieved on the plant wagon?

Fruit, nuts and water or very weak squash.

Hi I too was always a big boned lad the only time I lost weight was at school when I joined a boxing club but at once I left school I was more interested in women and pubs and piled it back on a few years back I was 16.5 stone and I’m 5"9 I didn’t carry it too well :slight_smile: I lost 5.5 stone but became obsessed with it I’ve put a couple back on since the mrs moved in and I’m now trying to get it off again the way I done it probably wasn’t the best way I eat Special K in the morning an apple at lunch and soup or salad for dinner I ran 3-4 miles a night with a bin bag on at your weight and I mean no offence if you could stick to this just till you get a couple off stone off and feel more comfortable exercising then go running and obviously increase what you eat the key is the exercise when people loose shed loads of weight by dieting alone your skin doesn’t tone back up with running sit ups etc you’ll tone up a bit without the excessive “baggy skin” if you know what I mean. At the moment I snack on grapes and fruit you should be looking to eat every 3 hours ish this fools your stomach into thinking our constantly eating thus resulting in your metabolism working over time grapes are good cause you can just grab a handful when your peckish, If your serious about loosing weight the first few months will be torture until your clothes start getting baggy and people start noticing you’ve lost it this makes it all worth while and gives you that incentive to keep it up good luck :slight_smile:

mucker85:
Fruit, nuts and water or very weak squash.

you need to be careful with your fruit intake if trying to lose weight as it contains a bit of sugar

Not expecting to put loads on but sat on my arse all day isnt goin to help. Heaviest i got was 19.5 when i was younger and kept at a steady weight over the last few years. Plant wagon wasnt just all driving but plenty of labour aswell

thewheel:
Not expecting to put loads on but sat on my arse all day isnt goin to help. Heaviest i got was 19.5 when i was younger and kept at a steady weight over the last few years. Plant wagon wasnt just all driving but plenty of labour aswell

Sitting on your arse is not fattening, eating like a pig is.

Cheers karl. Did a lot of kickboxing and roller hockey in my youth but then found booze and birds too! The mrs has just booked next years holiday and thats another reason for me to get stuck in. I think the hardest thing il have to do is cut out the carbs love pasta bread and potatoes. Iv heard drinking plenty of water reduces skin sag?

Yeah iv got my own trough bolted to the steering wheel! Just cause im a big lad doesnt mean iv got shares in kgc and mcdonalds does it?

Keeping active is just as much important as dieting so the cycling to work thing is a good idea other little things is if you have sarnies don’t butter the bread instead of crisps or chocolate have fruit the main thing is to keep at it n you will soon feel better in yourself
You should remember aswell your doing it to improve your overall health and. Reduce your risk of a heart attack stroke etc
Generally I have shreaded wheat/porridge with added fruit currents sultanas etc for breakie a wrap for lunch with lean ham in a tomato and lettuce with a Bannana or apple
The only thing I snack on are generally grapes/ mixed dried fruit

Keeping active is just as much important as dieting so the cycling to work thing is a good idea other little things is if you have sarnies don’t butter the bread instead of crisps or chocolate have fruit the main thing is to keep at it n you will soon feel better in yourself
You should remember aswell your doing it to improve your overall health and. Reduce your risk of a heart attack stroke etc
Generally I have shreaded wheat/porridge with added fruit currents sultanas etc for breakie a wrap for lunch with lean ham in a tomato and lettuce with a Bannana or apple
The only thing I snack on are generally grapes/ mixed dried fruit

Cheers monarch iv already give up on butter only thing in lunch box is 2 ham sarnies banana and maybe a bag of crisp. Dont eat a lot of crap but do have a proper evening meal every day. Never bothered having brekkie. Cycling to and from work is 24miles a week sp o should be off to a good start, saves petrol too!

Dried fruit can be pretty pricey where I shop, where do you people get yours from…?

Pimpdaddy:
Dried fruit can be pretty pricey where I shop, where do you people get yours from…?

I think dried fruits pricey every where mate tbh that’s why I prefer a bunch off grapes or I buy a bag off apples or satsumas from supermarket the best places are little fruit and veg shops cheap as but few and far between.

I buy fresh & that’s what I munch on as I find dried a bit on the pricey side…

I aim for my 5 a day during the week…then let rip over the weekend.

my weakness is beer

I have changed so much in the past 10 years it’s unbelievable.
In the UK I was in a pub or bar every night without fail, I was in a team doing shows for a while and being in a gang or team with all expenses paid made me that way. I had a full english fry up every day. Meat and two veg every lunchtime and another full cooked meal at night washed down with beers, I smoked 20 or even 40 ciggies a day, I gambled daily on any fruit machine I could find. In the time I have lived here I NEVER gamble, I stopped smoking 4 years ago just like that :exclamation: Put a ■■■ out one Saturday afternoon and not even wanted one since. I still have a bacon and egg roll most mornings but washed down with fresh orange juice, I eat salads that conatain a meat of some sort, grilled meat rather than fried so that the fat drains out, I chew one small asprin every day to keep the blood thinner than most and prevent clotting.
I have been told on my last physical (March) that I am fitter than most 40 year olds and that isn’t bad for a man in his 60th year.
Maybe it’s having a wife who is 16 years younger and attractive enough to have guys trying it on every chance that keeps me going ? Whatever I feel better now than I did back in the UK>

At 7am i need a dump, therefore i will pull in at the services and park as far from the building as possible.
I will usually then make bacon, eggs and beans with a couple of slices of bread, This will pretty much do me for the day, although i will have a couple of tangerines and a banana throughout the day. I’ll then have my main meal at somewhere between 5pm and 9pm. Smoking 30 ■■■■ a day really helps alleviate any craving for eating to excess.

Me & Lady V are on the 5-2 diet.
I have around 600 calories 2 days a week, then you can eat as much as you like the rest of the week (although you tend to watch the calories, try to stick to less than 2000)

Been on it for about 2 months & lost a stone & my belts are running out of holes (so I need to punch some more on the smaller side)

I don’t do a lot exercise but do a bit of gardening & cycling when I get the chance & try to be as active around the wagon every day like making sure it’s strapped properly (not like some of our drivers who just shut the curtains & hope for the best !)

When you think about it ! It took a few years to put that weight on, so it’s gonna take some time to get it off.

Willpower slides a bit at weekends & it’s Cider season so you have to be careful what you drink.

18 stone isnt much if you are 6’ plus, it shows much more when you are 5’ 5’’ :stuck_out_tongue:

Nuts and dried fruit are no good, too much oil and sugar in them, give up bread, that way you can still have potatoes, bacon, eggs, beans and mushrooms.

My signature tells it all, although it is much easier to eat healthy if you are not living in a lorry as I did for so many years. I needed help so joined Slimming World, it is the best fiver a week I have spent and is less than the two pints which I dont have.

SW isnt a fad diet, it just shows you what is good and what to avoid, after a few weeks it will fit into place and if you are struggling they have an app for that!