TRUCKERS and BIKES

Most truckers I know are also very keen Bikers either owning and riding them or following GP or Super Bike racing. What is the connection? Is it the freedom from speed governors or the fact that we are consumate proffessionals and our skills makes us good Bikers . What is your theory and what do you ride?
Here is one of the best bikes I ever owned , a belovered Kawasaki ZZR 1100.

This is my beast…

I’ve just sold this one…didn’t like riding on the road, not enough mud and the potential for horrific injuries wasn’t high enough :laughing:

Shrek:
This is my beast…

I’ve just sold this one…didn’t like riding on the road, not enough mud and the potential for horrific injuries wasn’t high enough :laughing:

Where is the Bloody Engine Shrek■■?

Love Bikes but the wife hates them!

I`ve had loads - an old gpz 900,zzr 600 and the last one was a gsxr 750!

I`m a bit too old for the “head down ■■■ up” stuff now so if the misses ever allows me to get one,I think it might be a Pan!!!

joemaxi:
Love Bikes but the wife hates them!

I`ve had loads - an old gpz 900,zzr 600 and the last one was a gsxr 750!

I`m a bit too old for the “head down ■■■ up” stuff now so if the misses ever allows me to get one,I think it might be a Pan!!!

You have it made Joe, nothing worse that a wife who wants to go every where with you on your bike, they ■■■■ up the handling and put the mockers on childish iresponsible behavour!!

this isnt you is it shrek

love the blue lights do you have to shout nee nor nee nor

You have it made Joe, nothing worse that a wife who wants to go every where with you on your bike, they ■■■■ up the handling and put the mockers on childish iresponsible behavour!!

On the plus side,if you get rear ended its nice to have that extra bit of protection on the back!!! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

joemaxi:

On the plus side,if you get rear ended its nice to have that extra bit of protection on the back!!! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Good point!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

For me if it has an engine in it, I am interested in them. Steam, Sail or Internal Combustion.

I am been hunted down here at Silverstone Stowe Circuit on my old 650

On the other side of that blue and white wall, these silly buggers were testing on the same day.

This is my 1000 V twin relaxing in the sun while I operated on it

little enis:
Most truckers I know are also very keen Bikers either owning and riding them or following GP or Super Bike racing. What is the connection? Is it the freedom from speed governors or the fact that we are consumate proffessionals and our skills makes us good Bikers . What is your theory and what do you ride?

I’ve just put a pic of mine on the Drivers bit, I also do a bit of Mountain biking, not enough looking at the Festive belly :cry:
For me, the bike’s the perfect antidote for a day spent in the Truck.
Instead of having to spend ages planning an overtaking maneuver it’s, head up, gap, woosh gone.
Pure Pure adrenalin. :smiley:

The ZZR 1100 is a great bike!

If I remember correctly,wasnt it the fastest production bike for a few years until the Honda Blackbird came along?

little enis:

Looks like you’ve had a fat bird on the back and the suspensions shot! It’s very LOW at the back? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

a pic of my current steed (well, this is a Suzuki promo pic, bit i have the same bike :blush: )

and one of my previous steed

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Shrek:
This is my beast…

Nice… You have tremendous taste in mountain bikes…

I have one of those primitive bikes in my shed. a brand new Specialized Hybrid. I just cannot get it to run properly :laughing:

I bought it to get fit, but it had the opposite effect.

Wheel Nut:
I have one of those primitive bikes in my shed. a brand new Specialized Hybrid. I just cannot get it to run properly :laughing:

I bought it to get fit, but it had the opposite effect.

Just cant get your knee down the same can you??

MR VAIN:

little enis:

Looks like you’ve had a fat bird on the back and the suspensions shot! It’s very LOW at the back? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:slight_smile: :slight_smile:
It was modified for my little legs, :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

joemaxi:

If I remember correctly,wasnt it the fastest production bike for a few years until the Honda Blackbird came along?

You quite right on that one Joe, there was an agreement with the eurprats to limit the power output by restricting the the carb slides but I bought a kit to get around the problem,while on a trip to Assen I hit 175 and it was still accelerating, but I ran out of nerve and straight road.

little enis:

joemaxi:

You quite right on that one Joe, there was an agreement with the eurprats to limit the power output by restricting the the carb slides but I bought a kit to get around the problem,while on a trip to Assen I hit 175 and it was still accelerating, but I ran out of nerve and straight road.

I watched Antony Hopkins in the worlds fastest Indian. Burt Munro must have had the balls the size of a small planet :stuck_out_tongue:

My babys the Z900 Kawasaki i’ve had for 24 years and have modified it slightly :wink: , the CCM R30 had to go :cry: when my daughter Molly arrived ,I have bikes because its the next best thing to ■■■ wringing the ■■■■■■■■ out of them on road or drag strip :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: