Truckers 1987

Not sure if it’s been mentioned already, but the BBC tv series Truckers from 1987, starring James Hazeldine is now on youtube. All eight episodes.

Worth a look if anybody is interested?

lol Sicknote from Burning

The transport yard where it was filmed can be seen on your left if you travel westbound M62 just before the Widnes split.

James Hazeldine was bayleaf was he not?

Link here for part one youtube.com/watch?v=gpP8fkRi7xQ audio is terrible

Great research from production back then and great camera work . I think most of us can relate to companies in the 80s like this moody fitters not a hi vis anywhere cash and a beer at the local pub to the yard end of the week more realistic than the recent series of truckers

amamdada:
James Hazeldine was bayleaf was he not?

correct,dead now though, think he had a heart attack, correct that he died of septicaemia following heart surgery

Watched 3 episodes so far, brill :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I’m on two very good so far :sunglasses:

The scouser was in Brookside :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
He was a trucker in that too :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Were the two company’s real :question: both very nice liverys

citycat:
Not sure if it’s been mentioned already, but the BBC tv series Truckers from 1987, starring James Hazeldine is now on youtube. All eight episodes.

Worth a look if anybody is interested?

I remember watching this a kid.cowboy is phil Davis

I’m hooked, 3 episodes today, her in doors thinks I’m an anorak :slight_smile: (she is ex TM :frowning: ) program is 10 years before my time, but worked for an outfit like that for nearly 2 years, always got paid (with a nudge or two) not sure NI was ever paid! ran a bit bent when needs must, but the chef generally accepted if I said not possible that was it, he never pushed it. (won’t mention lorry taxed private, I didn’t notice that, vosa’d (ministry check in those days)they didn’t either :open_mouth:) not proud of it really on hind-sight, but that was how it was. Cat and mouse game, I could tell you some stories of the antics that went on :smiley: Never got the girl side of it though, too effin knackaerd :slight_smile: Ventured into a ‘pub’ in spain once, after discovering how much a drink was and being felt up by the girls, too hands on for me! thought 20euros for a G&T how much is a shag going to be!! :smiley: :smiley:

jeezus, im into this! :laughing: :laughing: its better than the ■■■■■ thats on the tele currently!!

B…

+1 :slight_smile: now ■■■ off I am trying to watch another episode :smiley:

Tim85:
+1 :slight_smile: now ■■■ off I am trying to watch another episode :smiley:

hahahaha!!! ive done 2, im saving the rest for this week! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

B…

Done 4 , brilliant !! Would have only been 8 in 1987 but fantastic viewing

I remember the BBC filming the series the yard was next to the M62 adjacent to the A569 Clock Face Road.

In those days, before all the tree growth, you could see the yard and all the filming crew and equipment which was there for weeks.
They filmed the scene with the Nicky Blair truck chase near Chwilog Cricieth.
In another episode they hid the trucks in the Northern Straw Depot hidden by bales of hay on the South side south of the M62 near Junction 34.
Picard ERF.png
They had quite a few ERF’s painted up in the livery of Picards which you would see now and again doing filming around the Northwest, North Wales and East Yorkshire.
Today the yard is still there and owned by Hireco Trailer Rental Crows Nest Garage Clock Face Road Bold Widnes.
Wonder how many of you have been there over the years and not realised this is were it was filmed!

White fern boxes, 'ezzle foreshore and a ■■■■■■ van full of pattie slappers. Good taarms. :slight_smile:

I remember when it was on telly, we only had about 4 channels then :laughing:
I have got to number 4 this afternoon while the Mrs is at the pictures with the kids :blush:
Hooked :unamused: :laughing: