Truckers 1987

Ive just finished watching the lot,brilliant and a good laugh,all gone now :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
regards dave.

Sorry to bring up an old thread.

I was just watching the second episode which features an American Mack cabover for much of the episode. I was wondering if any of you old timers had driven one? Did many make it over to the UK to be used by British operators?

I seem to remember one episode was partly filmed on the old Moss Cafe (long gone) at Carlisle A74 is that right or am I dreaming it.

citycat:
Sorry to bring up an old thread.

I was just watching the second episode which features an American Mack cabover for much of the episode. I was wondering if any of you old timers had driven one? Did many make it over to the UK to be used by British operators?

I remember a co called West of Scotland using them on heavy haulage, think some were conventionals as the Yanks call them, and a co from Wiltshire, Gouldings? also using them.

John Scholey from Driffield ran a lot of Whites. This was before then even. In the late 70s. A scrap metal haulier in Barnsley ran some Macks around the same time, can’t remember the name though

Tim85:
I’m hooked, 3 episodes today, her in doors thinks I’m an anorak :slight_smile: (she is ex TM :frowning: ) program is 10 years before my time, but worked for an outfit like that for nearly 2 years, always got paid (with a nudge or two) not sure NI was ever paid! ran a bit bent when needs must, but the chef generally accepted if I said not possible that was it, he never pushed it. (won’t mention lorry taxed private, I didn’t notice that, vosa’d (ministry check in those days)they didn’t either :open_mouth:) not proud of it really on hind-sight, but that was how it was. Cat and mouse game, I could tell you some stories of the antics that went on :smiley: Never got the girl side of it though, too effin knackaerd :slight_smile: Ventured into a ‘pub’ in spain once, after discovering how much a drink was and being felt up by the girls, too hands on for me! thought 20euros for a G&T how much is a shag going to be!! :smiley: :smiley:

That was all inclusive…hope you realised that.

ringfur:

Tim85:
I’m hooked, 3 episodes today, her in doors thinks I’m an anorak :slight_smile: (she is ex TM :frowning: ) program is 10 years before my time, but worked for an outfit like that for nearly 2 years, always got paid (with a nudge or two) not sure NI was ever paid! ran a bit bent when needs must, but the chef generally accepted if I said not possible that was it, he never pushed it. (won’t mention lorry taxed private, I didn’t notice that, vosa’d (ministry check in those days)they didn’t either :open_mouth:) not proud of it really on hind-sight, but that was how it was. Cat and mouse game, I could tell you some stories of the antics that went on :smiley: Never got the girl side of it though, too effin knackaerd :slight_smile: Ventured into a ‘pub’ in spain once, after discovering how much a drink was and being felt up by the girls, too hands on for me! thought 20euros for a G&T how much is a shag going to be!! :smiley: :smiley:

That was all inclusive…hope you realised that.

:smiley: :smiley: buy one get one free ?

440Mopar:
John Scholey from Driffield ran a lot of Whites. This was before then even. In the late 70s. A scrap metal haulier in Barnsley ran some Macks around the same time, can’t remember the name though

RJ Norman from Barnsley and Wendel from Spennymoor ran Mack’s on scrap. I’ve got the full Truckers series on DVD, got it off eBay last year.

Was there only the one series?