Trucker Timer App

Can you run it in the background on a jailbroken iphone4 also running tomtom, cheers

kaode:
Can you run it in the background on a jailbroken iphone4 also running tomtom, cheers

It shouldn’t matter if jailbroken or not, the app only runs in the background if the GPS is active.

I’ve heard cases of other gps heavy programs (e.g. TomTom) affecting the performance of TruckerTimer. I haven’t been able to see the problem myself, so I don’t know quite how much of a problem this is currently.

Luke, can you explain what the WTD Shift Breaks timer refers to?

I’m ok with all the other timers, but can’t figure what that ones for!!!

Cheers, Neal

ltmon:

kaode:

It shouldn’t matter if jailbroken or not, the app only runs in the background if the GPS is active.

I’ve heard cases of other gps heavy programs (e.g. TomTom) affecting the performance of TruckerTimer. I haven’t been able to see the problem myself, so I don’t know quite how much of a problem this is currently.

thanks for the reply.

Nezza:

Cheers, Neal

1. You have to stop for at least 15 minutes for each 6 hours of continuous work
  2. A shift of 9 hours or more must have 30 minutes break (and more above 11 hours etc.)

I made these separate in the app, because they can be quite different – one relates to any continuous work and the other to the total length of your shift from when you started.

“WTD Continuous Work Limit” takes care of the first and “WTD Shift Breaks” takes care of the second.

Luke.

ltmon:

Nezza:

Cheers, Neal

2. A shift of 9 hours or more must have 30 minutes break (and more above 11 hours etc.)

I made these separate in the app, because they can be quite different – one relates to any continuous work and the other to the total length of your shift from when you started.

“WTD Continuous Work Limit” takes care of the first and “WTD Shift Breaks” takes care of the second.

Luke.

It’s a total of 30 minutes break/breaks for a total working time of between 6 and 9 hours, and a total of 45 minutes break/breaks for a total working time of over 9 hours :wink:

tachograph:

ltmon:

Nezza:

Cheers, Neal

Luke.

It’s a total of 30 minutes break/breaks for a total working time of between 6 and 9 hours, and a total of 45 minutes break/breaks for a total working time of over 9 hours :wink:

You are, of course, correct :slight_smile:

The app follows the correct rules, I just forgot them.

Sorry Luke, could you explain how the wtd shift break is calculated as I can’t figure it out!

Cheers, Neal

Nezza:
Sorry Luke, could you explain how the wtd shift break is calculated as I can’t figure it out!

Cheers, Neal

This is from memory, I won’t be back home to look at the code until next week, but I’m pretty sure:

1. It finds the time you started your shift, directly after the previous daily or weekly rest period.
  2. If less than 30 minutes of (valid) rest is found since then, it counts down to the 9 hour mark but subtracts 15 or 30 minutes so that you can fit your required rest in before the 9 hour mark when the counter runs out.
  3. If less than 30-45 minutes of (valid) rest of found since then, it counts down to the maximum shift time (which might vary) but subtracts 15 minutes so you can fit your rest in before the end of shift when the counter runs out.
  4. If 45 minutes or more of valid rest is found, it stops counting down at all.

I believe any POA does not count towards shift length.

Luke.

Can you default it to break like my motor, when you stop■■? Thanks

Luke,

Just a thing I noticed tonight regarding timings perhaps you could help with:

Start: 04:50 End: 14:45 Duration: 09:55
Driving: 06:26
Resting: 00:47
Other Work: 03:02
POA: 00:00
Total: 10:15

My actual shift length was 9hr 55mins, yet each segment adds up to 10hrs 15mins. How can a shift 09:55 become 10:15■■?
I made no manual adjustments.

kaode:
Can you default it to break like my motor, when you stop■■? Thanks

It attempts to do this with GPS, if you enable it in the settings. GPS is obviously a little hit-and-miss, especially in the cities – it’s very accurate with good reception and not at all accurate with bad reception.

I’ve been playing with various bluetooth dongles for tachos instead, but haven’t found a good way to make it work yet – espeically for iPhone which doesn’t let me do much with bluetooth.

mikeshe:
Luke,

My actual shift length was 9hr 55mins, yet each segment adds up to 10hrs 15mins. How can a shift 09:55 become 10:15■■?

Hi Mike:

Tachograph rounding will do it.

For example:

Drive for 1:30, POA for 1:30 = 3 minutes.

However the tacho will round each entry to 2 minutes, so your total will end up as 4 minutes.

If you do a lot of stop/start this rounding can add up.

You can control the rounding in the app settings. If you don’t want any at all, you can choose this. However, the app tries mostly to emulate newer digital tachos which count any 30s period as a full minute.

ltmon:

mikeshe:
Luke,

Hi Mike:

Tachograph rounding will do it.

For example:

Drive for 1:30, POA for 1:30 = 3 minutes.

However the tacho will round each entry to 2 minutes, so your total will end up as 4 minutes.

If you do a lot of stop/start this rounding can add up.

You can control the rounding in the app settings. If you don’t want any at all, you can choose this. However, the app tries mostly to emulate newer digital tachos which count any 30s period as a full minute.

Luke

Many thanks for that explanation. I understand where it’s coming from now. Like you said…a lot of stopping and starting. Some days worse than others!

Cheers,

Mike

Is it on iOS now?

I bought the app yesterday and used it for a shift today. I must say I think it’s the doggies danglers, especially for only £3 odd.

I made a few changes in the settings, I was wondering what other settings people use for daily use?

General settings:
POA counts as rest, unchecked

GPS Settings:
Ignore GPS when POA, unchecked
State to Switch to when stopped, Other WorK
Driving Speed Threshold, 0km/h
Driving Time delay, Instant
Stopping Speed Threshold, 1km/h
Stopping Time Delay, 1 minute

I forgot to get a tacho printout to double check the figures but if I remember i’ll get one tomorrow.

another good choice for a timer is TMP2 - Truck Manager Pro 2

play.google.com/store/apps/deta … agerpro2en

Description
Truck and Lorry drivers manage your data with ease! All In One App!

Truck Manager Pro 2 makes you daily life easier.
Simple and fast data input with minimum data required.
Editing and exporting data made easy.

Manage multiple trucks, trailers,companies and runs.

An easy way to log data - runs, expenses, fill ups and timer.

Modules:

• Runs;
  • Expenses;
  • Fuel;
  • Timer - HOS Recap EU / USA / CA, Drivers Daily Log ( DDL );
  • Records and Documents Export;
  • Daily Check - Driver’s Vehicle Inspection Report ( DVIR ), Create Multiple Checklists;
  • IFTA Log - Data by States ( IVDFR / IVDR );

The App shows Ads.

For more pictures and videos visit:
facebook.com/pages/TRUCK-Ma … 5783177233

Mine seems to be recording multiples of the same entry :frowning:

Trucktimer for Android.

If I finish after midnight and have at least 11 hours off work/daily rest, the system still tells me I’ve taken reduced break.

If I take 10h 40m break at the start of the shift and 1hr break at the end of the shift within a 24 hour period the system reckons I’ve taken a reduced break…

Is this right or wrong? Want me to email logs :wink:

Saratoga, going by your other topic viewtopic.php?f=5&t=119547 then the driver app is correct, and you are wrongly interpreting your rest periods.

so I’d say it looks like it was £3:50 or whatever well spent because it highlighted a very common misconception amongst a lot of drivers (and office bods) that 11hrs off is a full rest period, but if that 11hrs doesn’t physically fit into your 24hr period (i.e. 24hrs from when you started that shift) then it cannot be anything other than a RDR (Reduced Daily Rest)

If it wasn’t for the app and then you questioning it on here imagine how much longer you’d have operated under this misconception, and then imagine what it would have felt like (and cost you) when the DVSA pointed out to you your mistake!

I’ve only just bought the app myself and haven’t had a chance to use it in anger yet as I haven’t yet returned to work, but I’m sure glad I did as my original DHG (the one which you had to put batteries in and came in Black or Silver and was pre WTD) wont do half as much as the app will.

Oh and before some numpty comes on moaning about me advertising a product, (like has happened in another topic) I’m not, I’m just saying I think its a bloody handy thing to have, there’s a big difference!