Trucker caught reading while driving

Some people have a pretty low view of truck drivers without rubbish like this

swns.com/caught-reading-while-dr … 90902.html

then again it might stop them cutting in in front of us :wink:

lol who hasnt done that,

Yeah looks like he’s having a quick look at a map, sure there plenty of us have done that. I know I have.

There was a bus driver recently who was filmed reading a book, and he was actually reading a book not looking at a map might even have been posted up on here :confused:

At least he was doing APPROX 40mph :smiley:

gogzy:
lol who hasnt done that,

Yeah real funny isn’t it. I doubt you would find it quite so amusing if he mounted a pavement and ran down some kids.

Poor bloke obviously can’t afford a DVD player :wink:

daleyboy:

gogzy:
lol who hasnt done that,

Yeah real funny isn’t it. I doubt you would find it quite so amusing if he mounted a pavement and ran down some kids.

what and your gonna tell me uve never got a map out whilst driving and read it? or are you part of the whiter than white brigade who have never done a wrong thing in their lifes?

I av a quick scan at map book while driving all time,i wouldnt really class it as dangerous driving even if in the laws eyes it is,if you just av quick glimpses at it surely to ■■■■ ur not gona mount a curb and run kids over…but no doubt sum ■■■■■■ will now ive said that

Volvofh16:
I av a quick scan at map book while driving

As I said on another thread -
NO PROBLEM IF DONE SAFELY AT AN APROPRIATE MOMENT

garnerlives:
There was a bus driver recently who was filmed reading a book, and he was actually reading a book not looking at a map might even have been posted up on here :confused:

I belive it was posted and it was more than likely his running board/timetable :wink:
Ive done it myself when I was a bus driver in the middle of London, have a quick look at an A2Z of London as at the time the bloke in charge of the rail replacement was giving us maps that were not upto date :wink:
That said I cant read when Im moving, driving or not :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ROG:

Volvofh16:
I av a quick scan at map book while driving

As I said on another thread -
NO PROBLEM IF DONE SAFELY AT AN APROPRIATE MOMENT

Have you ever noticed how a red traffic light which would usually hold you up for ages miraculously turns to zb green as soon as you look at a map :imp: :imp: :laughing: :laughing:

gogzy:

daleyboy:

gogzy:
lol who hasnt done that,

what and your gonna tell me uve never got a map out whilst driving and read it? or are you part of the whiter than white brigade who have never done a wrong thing in their lifes?

I’m not whiter than White, but I consider myself a professional driver something which judging by previous posts you have made is something that you are far from.

I suppose this is something you find acceptable as well.
youtube.com/watch?v=zlpq2dfT … tube_gdata

it’s not all about billy big wheeling, this is a profession that requires some sort of maturity and common sense both of which you seem to lack.

And no I never try and read a map or send a text or anything else that compromises my safety or those that are around me.

daleyboy:

gogzy:

daleyboy:

gogzy:
lol who hasnt done that,

I’m not whiter than White, but I consider myself a professional driver something which judging by previous posts you have made is something that you are far from.

I suppose this is something you find acceptable as well.
youtube.com/watch?v=zlpq2dfT … tube_gdata

it’s not all about billy big wheeling, this is a profession that requires some sort of maturity and common sense both of which you seem to lack.

And no I never try and read a map or send a text or anything else that compromises my safety or those that are around me.

LOL you believe everything you read on the internet christ ill phone the looney bin for you

no i dont find that video acceptable

so you basically dont have enough confidence in your driving that you need to keep hands on the wheel at 10to2 while having eyes straight forward at all times, get real.
im not whiter than white. so what, i stick to the rules of driving hours etc

but hey if you cant multitask its no my fault

Do you know anyone that’s been killed by a driver that thought it was acceptable to send a text while driving? Well I do and it devastated his family and friends.

So you carry on with your childish attitude towards driving 44ton killing machines and i pray that you don’t kill some poor innocent person.

This is called the professional drivers forum, something which your definately not

daleyboy:
This is called the professional drivers forum, something which your definately not

tbh youve never met me, youve never seen me drive a truc, youve never been ina truck when i drive so really how would you know what my drivings like from a few words on the internet?

not bothered what you think though im just wondering how you can get that conclusion

:unamused:

gogzy:
lol who hasnt done that,

daleyboy:

I think you may have taken what gogzy said out of context as I did not think for one moment that he meant he would read a book whilst driving but would do similar such as glance at a map
I could be wrong but I don’t think so…

gogzy:
not bothered what you think though im just wondering how you can get that conclusion

Well that’s the funny thing about anonymous Internet forums, you don’t actually get to meet the person in question but rather their “online” persona.

Now you might be the most responsible attentive class 1 driver out there, but your online persona marks you down as an irresponsible mindless billy big wheeler that thinks it’s cool to read or text or brew up or whatever, so that persona is the one I’m commenting on.

daleyboy:

gogzy:

Well that’s the funny thing about anonymous Internet forums, you don’t actually get to meet the person in question but rather their “online” persona.

Now you might be the most responsible attentive class 1 driver out there, but your online persona marks you down as an irresponsible mindless billy big wheeler that thinks it’s cool to read or text or brew up or whatever, so that persona is the one I’m commenting on.

Another keyboard warrior :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

lmao :laughing: