Trucker caught reading while driving

Another keyboard warrior :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Well said that man. :wink:

John 8:7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone”

What I try to say is, we all have our things, some of us read a map, talk on the phone, scratch thereunder, look at their sat nav, or never check their wheelnuts.

Come on we all do sometimes something we shouldn’t do, but that makes us not less profesional.
If you see a truck as a 44ton killing machine, please stay of the road, because still more people get killed per mile by cars, than they are by trucks.

Reading a map while driving doesn’t make you a bad driver, like standing in your garage doesn’t make you a car. :stuck_out_tongue:

So its alright to glance at a sat-nav but not at a map?? Fair enough this matey has got it over his steering wheel which aint clever. Also how is he a “professional truck driver” going by the pictures it doesnt look like he’s got HGV entitlement, those mini skip things arnt over 7.5Ti dont think.

god surely having a glance at a map is part of the job? i mean who hasent, b4 the days of prat nav?
its not like some drivers ive spotted watching a dvd now thats very stupid and worth a fine, i bet if i stood on the side of the road i could fill a whole magazine of women doing there make up in the interior mirror on the way to work, or mr business man flipping through his notes nut no the snapper decided to take a pic of a trucker, theses people forget if truckers did actually unite we could bring this country to its knees we hav so much power but unable to think as one.

ive looked at a map while driving same as most people but in london 1 morning stopped to check a2z about 30 seconds and got a 60 pound fine for my trouble,

pff I take a 45 in the top bunk with the truck on cruise running along the train tracks in lane one :unamused:

Another fad for the anti truck brigade I suppose… There is always something, isn’t there? Last week it was the bus driver, this week the truck driver… I really can’t wait for the nose picking ones to hit the news, they will at least get a laugh.

What is it with people that they get so worked up? Are their lives so shallow and empty?
Daleyboy, you may well know someone killed by the demon texter, but I knew a few killed by drink drivers, several killed by the weather, one killed because he dropped his cigarette and tried to reach it, and many killed by simple bad driving. If you are a driver by profession then you should not get so emotive about things like that. We all know it hurts when someone we know is killed, but we need to be realistic. If he looked at his book to check something then maybe it stopped him from getting in a bad spot, and maybe from putting someone at risk in a different way.

Surely a peek at the paperwork on a quiet stretch of road is not driving without due care, in fact, I suspect it is more due care because we all need to find where we are going and it is not always possible to stop. I have 8 drops ahead, from Maryland down through Virginia into the Carolinas. I will be checking my maps as I go along. If you think that makes me dangerous then you are deluding yourself.

ssshhh dont tell him i usually steer with my knees while i role a cig,ha ha hes got it in for u gogzy! i dont know what makes him think this is an anonymous forum if he hadnt noticed every wk theres a post on here “whos seen who” and every week theres plenty of sightings of one another.
Just to clarify im Nick i drive simon gibson motors pulling powder tanks,i can usually be seen being unprofesional reading a map and rolling cigs whilst driving hey daleyboy if ya see me dont be anonymous give us a wave,i will only nod back i wont av any free hands.

garnerlives:
There was a bus driver recently who was filmed reading a book, and he was actually reading a book not looking at a map might even have been posted up on here :confused:

Take your pick.

Volvofh16:
ssshhh dont tell him i usually steer with my knees while i role a cig,ha ha hes got it in for u gogzy! i dont know what makes him think this is an anonymous forum if he hadnt noticed every wk theres a post on here “whos seen who” and every week theres plenty of sightings of one another.
Just to clarify im Nick i drive simon gibson motors pulling powder tanks,i can usually be seen being unprofesional reading a map and rolling cigs whilst driving hey daleyboy if ya see me dont be anonymous give us a wave,i will only nod back i wont av any free hands.

LOL

least i never told him i play with myself while steering with my mind

gogzy:

Volvofh16:

LOL

least i never told him i play with myself while steering with my mind

On night trunking it was often a case of being too knackered to even use thought power to steer the thing but we had auto pilot (I think or I probably would’nt be here today). :open_mouth: :laughing:

FarnboroughBoy11:
So its alright to glance at a sat-nav but not at a map?? Fair enough this matey has got it over his steering wheel which aint clever. Also how is he a “professional truck driver” going by the pictures it doesnt look like he’s got HGV entitlement, those mini skip things arnt over 7.5Ti dont think.

How do you know he hasnt got an HGV licence ?..just because he is not driving a big one.I have a class 1,PSV, and drive 7.5 tonners when i need to.It makes no difference to me. And you need an operators licence for 7.5 tonners just the same as the big ones.And when the latest tax comes in called the driver cpc,it applies to anything over 3.5 tonne, which makes them “professional”.
And if i need to have a quick glance at the map i do, if it safe to do so.

cruisin comet:

FarnboroughBoy11:

How do you know he hasnt got an HGV licence ?..just because he is not driving a big one.I have a class 1,PSV, and drive 7.5 tonners when i need to.It makes no difference to me. And you need an operators licence for 7.5 tonners just the same as the big ones.And when the latest tax comes in called the driver cpc,it applies to anything over 3.5 tonne, which makes them “professional”.
And if i need to have a quick glance at the map i do, if it safe to do so.

I dont know that he hasnt got HGV entitlement, The majority of 7.5T drivers are just average car license holders that have “grandfather rights” to drive them as they past their car test before 1997 (or whenever it was) And u can almost definatly tell by the standard of driving anyway those that drive 7.5T that have HGV and those that dont.

The driver CPC only came into force if you past your test after 10th Sep 2009 and in which case you would of done class 2/(class C) anyway straight from a car license.
I dont know everything and i dont think im the best driver, I DRIVE 7.5T aswell but hold class 1. Where i work they run 3.5T vans 5.5T vans 7.5T trucks 18T trucks and an Artic. And in the little experience i have, i can tell the difference between the standard of driving.

FarnboroughBoy11:
The driver CPC only came into force if you past your test after 10th Sep 2009 and in which case you would of done class 2/(class C) anyway straight from a car license.

I am well aware the cpc came into force in September 2009 for anyone who took the test after that date but for those of us already licence holders we have until 2014 to get qualified.But as far as im concerned it is just another tax.

Camera never lies

He should not be driving anyway, look at the photo he can’t see sod all, he’s got no eyes!!! :open_mouth:

I dopnt know where they get the time to do it Im usually reasding my delivery notes or on Facebook when Im driving I think its fucing sad reading a map book when he is driving maybe Vis or something would have looked better.

Was the photographer static when he took the pic?.

Here is one for yea all
andyslorryphotosite.fotopic. … 82305.html
Reading the paper :blush:

for all those who don’t like sat navs its clearly a A to Z he’s reading

its not like he’s reading his favourite mag while having a tommy tank!!