Truck Washing / Fleet Washing

there’s a decent truck wash in Goole truck stop, think its about £18 odd for a unit and £34 for a unit n trailer. can pay using a fuel card in there as well.

91Dave:

bald bloke:

91Dave:

bald bloke:
We have a Nationwide contract with LPW.

Do you drive for Culina by any chance?

Yes i do.

Thanks! So they use LPW? Is that just a case of paying via fuel card i presume?

It must be on an account as all we do is turn up put your reg and name down and go through the wash.

Is old Jenny still flogging her wares to truckwash people? She must be knocking on a bit now :smiley:

bald bloke:

91Dave:

bald bloke:

91Dave:

bald bloke:
We have a Nationwide contract with LPW.

Do you drive for Culina by any chance?

Yes i do.

Thanks! So they use LPW? Is that just a case of paying via fuel card i presume?

It must be on an account as all we do is turn up put your reg and name down and go through the wash.

Right ok! That might be something to do abit more research into! Do you find the standard of clean okay? Waiting times? Convinience?

selby newcomer:
there’s a decent truck wash in Goole truck stop, think its about £18 odd for a unit and £34 for a unit n trailer. can pay using a fuel card in there as well.

Thanks for the reply! I suppose you pay for a quality service there?

91Dave:
Right ok! That might be something to do abit more research into! Do you find the standard of clean okay? Waiting times? Convinience?

Standard of cleaning ok, sometimes you might have to wait upto 20 mins at peak times and alhough they have 2 wash’s there very rarely are both working at the same time.

Maritime use low too they come on the yard n do them on a Sunday they look well most of the time although they sometimes miss bits
We just received a bag with cleaning kit in it plastic cleaner air freshener n brush etc all lpw kit good stuff too

bald bloke:

91Dave:

Standard of cleaning ok, sometimes you might have to wait upto 20 mins at peak times and alhough they have 2 wash’s there very rarely are both working at the same time.

I really appreciate this information! Things like that do take up a hell of a lot of time when you consider how many trucks Culina have. 20 minutes per truck is massive.

cliffton 27:
Maritime use low too they come on the yard n do them on a Sunday they look well most of the time although they sometimes miss bits
We just received a bag with cleaning kit in it plastic cleaner air freshener n brush etc all lpw kit good stuff too

Great info thanks! How long have they used LPW for? Also where are you based may I ask?

Thanks!

91Dave:

selby newcomer:

no probs, you dont have to stay in you wagon there either, you can lock it up and go and get a bite to eat in the rest area. dunno what the grubs like there though, but it looks decent enough.

selby newcomer:

91Dave:

selby newcomer:

no probs, you dont have to stay in you wagon there either, you can lock it up and go and get a bite to eat in the rest area. dunno what the grubs like there though, but it looks decent enough.

Personally that’s what I like about mobile truck washing though. No waiting around for drivers, More operational hours for the trucks, get more done at once, No down time etc etc! Who do you drive for may I ask?

Cheers again!

91Dave:

cliffton 27:

Great info thanks! How long have they used LPW for? Also where are you based may I ask?

Thanks!

Manchester and for as long as I have been here they have been coming in at least 12 month but when they sell the units they go to tilbry for a full vallet and thats a bloke on his own again
When I say they miss stuff it’s like the other week I got grease on side near the locker although they washed it they couldn’t be bothered to scrub for a min to remove it fully

cliffton 27:

91Dave:

cliffton 27:

Thanks!

Manchester and for as long as I have been here they have been coming in at least 12 month but when they sell the units they go to tilbry for a full vallet and thats a bloke on his own again
When I say they miss stuff it’s like the other week I got grease on side near the locker although they washed it they couldn’t be bothered to scrub for a min to remove it fully

Even more interesting! Thanks for that! I might do a bit more research into it then! Yeah I know what you mean, a lot of people become that familiar with washing the fleet as quick as possible, that pride and detail falls straight out of the job. Thankfully I’m not the sort of person to do that and always double check before leaving site.

Scanner:
Is old Jenny still flogging her wares to truckwash people? She must be knocking on a bit now :smiley:

Is that the chemical? Sorry if not!

I presume that’s jennychem, used to advertise on the back of the magazines. Had the same photo since the 1980’s. Does she still have her photo on the adverts? Can’t recall seeing the adverts lately.

coiler:
I presume that’s jennychem, used to advertise on the back of the magazines. Had the same photo since the 1980’s. Does she still have her photo on the adverts? Can’t recall seeing the adverts lately.

Sure is! Yeah they are still advertised on the back of Truck & Driver magazine! Not sure how good it is as ive never used it! Any ideas?

Yeah, that’s the one I meant! Maybe she has a sideline in anti-ageing cream :smiley:

Scanner:
Yeah, that’s the one I meant! Maybe she has a sideline in anti-ageing cream :smiley:

Haha brilliant! It looks quite good stuff to be honest! I may well purchase some!

Anyone else with any preferences or experiences?

All welcome!!

91Dave:
Personally that’s what I like about mobile truck washing though. No waiting around for drivers, More operational hours for the trucks, get more done at once, No down time etc etc! Who do you drive for may I ask?

Cheers again!

I’m on for Tesco now, but was on agency for ND for 3 years in Goole