Truck Washing / Fleet Washing

Hi all,

Not really an advertising campaign, But im just curious as to who everyone uses if anyone at all? Particularly the Midlands but everywhere in general.

I use Cherwell Valley pretty frequently, usually ok, now and again, the attitude is a bit off if they’re busy.
Donnington park every now and again if i’m passing, and once in a blue moon Ashford, all these are part of the LPW Truckwash company i believe.
Every now and then i’ll put it through at Lymm.
I’d be interested to know, if anyone else has had to pull them up on being rough with the brushes, bashing the hell out of the wind deflectors on the windows, the sun visor and the mirrors? not being picky, but i dont want anything left hanging off or scratched.
Ive still yet to find one as good as the vast majority on the continent.

91Dave

I’ve found that Junction 1 Truckwash at Junction 1 M18 at Rotherham generally do a good job and there’s a decent cafe on site to have a bite whilst it’s being done.
It’s not far from the Stockyard.

Cheers Bassman

We have a Nationwide contract with LPW.

I use junction 1 truck wash m18. They do a proper job.

greggy:
I use junction 1 truck wash m18. They do a proper job.

Must of upped their game then as they were always missing bits. J29 Chesterfield is loads better.

The dirty hides the rust, and it does rain every so often to keep the windows clear. Hehehe.

mjbaron:
I use Cherwell Valley pretty frequently, usually ok, now and again, the attitude is a bit off if they’re busy.
Donnington park every now and again if i’m passing, and once in a blue moon Ashford, all these are part of the LPW Truckwash company i believe.
Every now and then i’ll put it through at Lymm.
I’d be interested to know, if anyone else has had to pull them up on being rough with the brushes, bashing the hell out of the wind deflectors on the windows, the sun visor and the mirrors? not being picky, but i dont want anything left hanging off or scratched.
Ive still yet to find one as good as the vast majority on the continent.

True most are better over there but a lot cheaper here £10 unit only here €35 unit only in lokkeren

Hi all!

Thanks for everyones posts! Its always good to get a feel for where people use, I own a mobile truck washing company so im just looking for new work really! So if everyone bears it in mind for future reference i’d be really grateful!

P.s im nice and soft with the brushes and use super good stuff :slight_smile:!

Cheers Guys!

Where i used to work on the transporters we had mobile guys come in every or every other weekend, thet did a good job usually, but got complacent and started cutting corners…usually before they were replaced… :smiling_imp:

Where i work now we have our own hot water wash, its really good being able to wash your motor as and when just like we all did a few years ago, rather wash my own any day.

bald bloke:

Do you drive for Culina by any chance?

Juddian:
Where i used to work on the transporters we had mobile guys come in every or every other weekend, thet did a good job usually, but got complacent and started cutting corners…usually before they were replaced… :smiling_imp:

Where i work now we have our own hot water wash, its really good being able to wash your motor as and when just like we all did a few years ago, rather wash my own any day.

Thanks for the reply! Yes it is easy to fall into a trap of thinking you can cut corners, but soon enough it will catch up with you like you say! I personally would rather do 1 good job rather than having to go back over and over again and dis-satisfy my customers. I do miss bits of course but ill always spot them before I leave site!

Where were you based if I may ask?

why not tell everyone where you are?

kindle530:

Im mobile so anywhere really! Predominantly the wider Midlands!

kindle530:

So he doesn’t doesn’t get mistaken for somebody trying to get some free advertising :wink:

Not for that reason at all :slight_smile: I stated from the start that it wasn’t an advertising campaign, I was just merely enquiring who everyone uses! If people choose to use or enquire about my services then so be it :wink:!

Cheers all!

91Dave:
Not for that reason at all :slight_smile: I stated from the start that it wasn’t an advertising campaign, I was just merely enquiring who everyone uses! If people choose to use or enquire about my services then so be it :wink:!

Cheers all!

Hi 91Dave,

That’s very clever if you don’t mind me saying so, and it’s proof that complying with forum rules is easily possible whilst getting the info you need.

:bulb: If folks happen to use the PM system to make enquiries, then that’s just fine and dandy. :wink:

dieseldave:

91Dave:

Cheers all!

Hi 91Dave,

That’s very clever if you don’t mind me saying so, and it’s proof that complying with forum rules is easily possible whilst getting the info you need.

:bulb: If folks happen to use the PM system to make enquiries, then that’s just fine and dandy. :wink:

Exactly :slight_smile: Thanks for that though! I could easily just come on here and post my prices but I had already acknowledged the forum rules and appreciate that this site isn’t for advertising :slight_smile: it really is just good to appreciate where people use and different peoples preferences :slight_smile:

91Dave:

bald bloke:

Yes i do.

bald bloke:

91Dave:

bald bloke:

Yes i do.

Thanks! So they use LPW? Is that just a case of paying via fuel card i presume?