Truck Tuning and Remapping

Hi, All,

I am a Truck Tuner based in the midlands, I have read many comments on this forum,

advert removed

Best Regards.
John

please read the rule on advertising HERE…Denis F

Hi John

Do you remap, or chip, i have a 4 series 420, that could do with a new lease of life! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jimmy2loads:
Hi John

Do you remap, or chip, i have a 4 series 420, that could do with a new lease of life! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

are they not one and the same thing?

jon and aid came down to my yard in wales yesterday to tune up my 470 scania i must say what a profesinal team they did top end set up cleared old faults changed fuel and air filter then advised me on how much extra power to give her. did a trip to leeds today fully freighted with a tipper trailer double manned loaded back to wales from barnsley what a diffrence she s a diffrent motor .if anybody is considering having thier trucks chipped make your first call to them im well chuffed any future work i would only phone them now.

Hi, Martin,

Thanks for your kind comments, hopefully we will be able to raise the standard of the so called “Chipping industry”.

To Shuttle spanker, chipping is an old tech term, where you either add a module to fool the boost pressure sensor and you normally end up with excessive boost and black smoke, remapping allows a tuner to modify the main engine maps with economy and reliability in mind.

To Jimmy2 loads, no problem with the 420, we are able to tune all scania models from 3 series with EDC onwards, we occasionally tune the old 143 450’s too that always suffer with a scania problem that we can easily mod to produce a fine truck!!.

any questions please ask.

John.

To Denis F,

Sorry not quite yet aware of the forum do’s and dont’s!!

Best Regards

John.

Truck Tuner:
Hi, Martin,

Thanks for your kind comments, hopefully we will be able to raise the standard of the so called “Chipping industry”.

To Shuttle spanker, chipping is an old tech term, where you either add a module to fool the boost pressure sensor and you normally end up with excessive boost and black smoke, remapping allows a tuner to modify the main engine maps with economy and reliability in mind.

To Jimmy2 loads, no problem with the 420, we are able to tune all scania models from 3 series with EDC onwards, we occasionally tune the old 143 450’s too that always suffer with a scania problem that we can easily mod to produce a fine truck!!.

John.

jimmy2loads wrote:
Hi John

Do you remap, or chip, i have a 4 series 420, that could do with a new lease of life!

I think he answered your question Shuttlespanker. :laughing: :laughing:

jimmy2loads:

Truck Tuner:
Hi, Martin,

John.

jimmy2loads wrote:
Hi John

Do you remap, or chip, i have a 4 series 420, that could do with a new lease of life!

I think he answered your question Shuttlespanker. :laughing: :laughing:

i wasn’t sure, this is why i was asking :confused:

Do you only tune Scania’s?

told you didnt i sammy :wink: :wink: that john and ady are 1st class chaps,if i had johns/adys knowlage i would be a very rich man “lol”
both my truck have been worked on by john and ady and would recomend these guys to everyone who is serious in wanting BETTER !!! fuel and power,
best thing is john and ady will advise you how much to power to have it isnt just a power “bhp” thing to these guys its to get better fuel 1 ST then power, but if you want BIG power so you shall but they wont recomend that…
cost me a fortune in TEA :wink: for them greedy sods mind :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: daz .

PS if anyone is in doubt and have a scania v8 standad 460 or 530 and wants to know what the end results are in pulling etc, let me know bring your loaded trl and have a go in either of my units to compare john & adys work !!!

Hi Jimmy2loads,

sorry, in answer to your question, we remap 95% of all scanias, through the diagnostic port in the cab, including all the new R series, we have already done R620’s, (still not got as much as you Darran!!).

The term chip, normally means “sticking a tuning box on to your ecu”, we do not use these, but on the older 400’s, 460’s and 530’s we have to desolder the main engine chip from the ecu, Remap the file, then re solder the chip back onto the ecu board.

Best regards

John.

To Ellies Dad,

We mainly tune Scania’s, but we also Tune Volvo’s and Daf’s, we are able to set all the Valves on Mercedes, but at the moment do not remap them.

I have run an Actros for 5 years, great Truck!!!

Best regards

John.

are the rates listed on your website for various Scanias the same as what the price is for doing a DAF?

Hi Shuttlespanker,

I have PM the details,

Best regards

John.

not if john has done any of our trucks though we had our 480 done a while back and that a differnt truck the 620 we have just creeped past it before it would fly past it up hill

not if john has done any of our trucks though we had our 480 done a while back and that a differnt truck the 620 we have just creeped past it before it would fly past it up hill

Truck Tuner:
To Ellies Dad, we are able to set all the Valves on Mercedes, but at the moment do not remap them.

What will that do for a truck?

why do truck makers charge 3-4grand for an engine size when these chippers can do it for 600quid ish,

whats the long term problems caused

Hi Ellies Dad,

Ensuring that the valve clearances are set correct, means that the engine can stay as efficient as possible, ensuring that the maximum air is allowed into the engine and that the maximum exhaust gases are expelled from the engine.

Also if the valve clearances are set correctly and periodically it reduces wear on the valve train, and camshaft.

Incorrect Valve clearances accelerates the wear on the cam and the stress on the drive train by up to twenty times normal wear.

One recent Volvo that we did had not been adjusted from new and when we looked at it at 800K, it needed a new cam.

£4500 job at Volvo truck and bus, he was not best pleased!!

Best regards
John.

To V8 Passion,

I guess its just so that they can distinguish between the models, when really is just down to the difference in the Processor file in the main engine ecu, that determines the engine output!!

John.