Truck Tuning and Remapping

Truck Tuner:
Hi Jimmy2loads,

sorry, in answer to your question, we remap 95% of all scanias, through the diagnostic port in the cab, including all the new R series, we have already done R620’s, (still not got as much as you Darran!!).

The term chip, normally means “sticking a tuning box on to your ecu”, we do not use these, but on the older 400’s, 460’s and 530’s we have to desolder the main engine chip from the ecu, Remap the file, then re solder the chip back onto the ecu board.

Best regards

John.

Hi john, thanks for replying, ive just been looking over your website, and i think i shall be using your services in the near future, i will give you a ring when i am ready.

Cheers

Truck Tuner:
To V8 Passion,

I guess its just so that they can distinguish between the models, when really is just down to the difference in the Processor file in the main engine ecu, that determines the engine output!!

John.

does water /oil run warmer why did the scania 580 have a bigger oil cooler to the 480

Hi Jimmy2loads,

no worries give us a call when you are ready,

Best regards

John.

To V8 Passion,

We do not normally have any cooling problems on the V8’s, this always depends on the aircon/intercooler/radiator condition, as always when driving over windy hill, any driver worth his salt monitors the engine temp and knows when to back her off, to my knowledge the oil cooler on the V8’s has always been the same regardless of horsepower, the early 580’s had a gearbox oil cooler on the N/S rear wing arch, but they were nothing but trouble!!

Best regards

John.

well mine is w reg 530 with 1.4ish kms now so i think its best left alone dont you,

V8 Passion:
well mine is w reg 530 with 1.4ish kms now so i think its best left alone dont you,

narr v8, my silver 460 has done more kms than that its also a 1999 model,with over 23000 hrs on the hour clock “engine hour clock”" john chip"d it well over 12 mths now, “” touching wood"" :wink: no problems with over heating, or using oil , its better on fuel better pulling power “a lot” in fact they transformed this unit, as i say v8 passion, john wont “unless you really want”" give it stupid power up grades what will say bye bye to your engine!! these lads are more intrested in gaining better fuel for us!! which YES they do aswell, then in the deal we get more power to top it off, so 1.4 kms that engine has just got run in,

hi

i have a 430 daf xf what gains in fuel and power am i realistically looking at without going stupid and what will it roughly cost me cheers :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I have a DAF 480 on a 54 plate, what power would you put it up to? I am looking for mpg saved rather than all out power. I have mates who have had their XFs chipped, they seem to get a lot more pulling power, very little fuel consumpsion benefit and a lot more smoke. I would not be interested in having it done if it was going to cause a lot more smoke. Also can you explain to me why the manufacturers don’t do this in the first place.

hi john

thanks for that mate that kinda wot i had in mind mesen mate.
If you can pm me with them numbers that would be great

cheers :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi Dafman,

number sent in PM

Best Regards
John.

Hi John
Have you had any results economy wise with MANs with the 480 D28 engine, mines a 55 reg Euro3 with what I consider to be poor fuel returns allthough it pulls sound enough. I would appreciate any comments as the couple of people that I have spoken to have not done any MANs.

Regards
Annitram

Hi Annitram,

will check what ecu is on truck and pm with the details

Best regards
John.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi johnny, ive had this man up to do a 420 and two 470,s… i drive the 420 myself and believe me the difference it has made by getting it remapped is a joy to behold, on johns advice i only had the torque curve peaked between 1100 and 1450rpm (just where you need it) and had an increase of 12% in power, my fuel is around 8.7mpg and it pulls like a train, i spoke to john only last week with regards to a daf i just bought and hopefuly he can sort it out for me as well… Money well spent, dont buy a V8, phone john!