Truck stops italy

whats the name of that mafia run truckstop nr turin.
the mafiosa did they own a tour opertors and large imobillairabased in turin.
i

That’s the “Drivers Will Believe Anything Truckstop” at Carisio. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

instructor:
i

And the Pope used to help them out and do guided tours of the Vatican for a backhander :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing:

And they used to fix the price of the spahgetti harvest in late january :laughing:

And all the “Dogana” where either related to, or part of, the local mafiosi!! (Actually that bit is probably true :laughing: )

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

hahahahahahahah. that must be susa then its near turin and it crap

well that was what was said when i used to stop their until muppets or murffits ruined it

instructor:
well that was what was said when i used to stop their until muppets or murffits ruined it

why what happened maybe rikki can tell us.

why what happened maybe rikki can tell us.

Dont know, but sounds to me like the usual “Murfitts are to blame for everything” type of comment we were all used to hearing.

Murfitts may have had its faults, and a few more eccentric drivers than most companies. But many Euro drivers didnt like us , 1) because we were so big, and 2) because Murfitts drivers had all the right cards, Electronic toll passes, and lot more freedom to run the job as they wanted,

There were some bad apples on Murfitts and that ultimatly lead to the companies downfall at the hands of the traffic commisioner, But the vast majority of drivers on there ran legally, and earn’t reasonable (not good) money for doing constant Euro work, rarely touching UK except to tip and turn round.

A night out almost anywhere in Europe normally led to meeting up with at least one other driver from Murfitts and yes the Murfitts lads used to enjoy themselves, One of my best freinds I met while weekended in St Marie De Cunes and will have the pleasure of his company tonight at Cannock.

To sumarise Murfitts was a little like Millwall Football Club, a little rough in places, and to use Millwalls chant… “No-one liked us, but we dont care !!!” :wink: :unamused:

instructor:

We know Rikki worked for Murfitts, so can tell the real story there…so come on instructor, who were you on for? You never know, the pair of you may well have met before! :wink:

instructor:
well that was what was said when i used to stop their

Coffeeholic:
That’s the “Drivers Will Believe Anything Truckstop” at Carisio.

I rest my case M’lud. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Always has been, and still is, a good and popular stopping place.

Rikki-UK:
to use Millwalls chant… “No-one liked us, but we dont care !!!” :wink: :unamused:

That must be the chant from the posh end of the Millwall stands, :laughing:

instructor:
i

Coffeeholic:
That’s the “Drivers Will Believe Anything Truckstop” at Carisio. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

And I always thought that it was run by the Mozziosa !

You are not wrong there jimti, those things were like small fighter jets and immune to any deterrent it seemed. :wink: :smiley:

maybe murffits nolonger fight each other their no more then, when i was a red dingle dangle to the worker or dessingtable to outsiders they used to fight with the locals then other drivers then themselves, the true muppet drivers renouned across europe.

well done rik on the reply. :wink:

they used to fight with the locals then other drivers then themselves

Nah, mate…that was before they left the Army. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ps. Sherbert Distresstriangles, eh? When were you there? A good friend of mine used to drive for them back when Murfitts were still going, he may well remember you…He’s an O/O now, and always carrys his Nobby’s mug on his dash, 'cos he reckons he had to work there ten years to get it so if the missus dropped it in the kitchen he’d be forced to divorce her!!! :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

maybe murffits nolonger fight each other

In the time I was there I heard all the stories… manily told by non-Murfitts drivers about the scrapping , and how the artic drivers wouldnt talk to the wagon and drag drivers and vica versa…

Yet for all the time I worked there I never saw anyone come to blows, (although the odd altercation did happen!! :unamused: :wink: ) cant ever remember being ignored or blanked by anyone, and never actually heard of any riots between Murfitts drivers and drivers from other firms or locals! :unamused: :open_mouth:

99% of the time these stories were told they were by drivers from other companies whi had never actually worked for Murfitts.

I am not saying every Murfitts driver was an angel, or that fisticuffs have never happened, just a little gossip makes for a great legend…

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Murfitts, and made some great freindships that continue to this day.

In all the times I stopped at Carisio I only ever saw one heated discussion come to blows and that was between two drunken Dutch drivers. In fact it wasn’t so much blows as they just wrestled each other for a minute or two until it was broken up. The only other fight I ever saw in all the years of “doing Europe” was in the Wheelhouse in Dover and that was two Brits fighting over some woman.

It used to be funny the number of drivers on the Italian run who claimed their regular stopping place was ran by the Mafia. They seemed to think it made them brave/hard because they stopped there.

Rikki-UK:
how the artic drivers wouldnt talk to the wagon and drag drivers and vica versa…

nay rikki it was much narrower than that - the “big wheels” and “little wheels” boys doing italy didn’t talk to each other, but both would gang up to murder any roadtrain driver they saw :unamused: this old cobblers just makes me laugh now