Truck stops italy

jj72:
nay rikki it was much narrower than that - the “big wheels” and “little wheels” boys doing Italy didn’t talk to each other, but both would gang up to murder any roadtrain driver they saw :unamused: this old cobblers just makes me laugh now

Rikki and I were both Caravan Club or roadtrain drivers, that’s wagon and drag to lesser (none Muppets :laughing: ) drivers.
Like him, I didn’t see any fighting between Murfitts drivers, during the time I worked there. I’m not naive enough to think it never happened, in a company that size you’ll get personality clashes which could easily turn to fighting.
I was in Macon one weekend. A fight broke out late Saturday night, on the lorry park, between two British drivers working for another company. Later on that trip, chatting to a driver, probably at Campo’, he told me how Murfitts drivers had been fighting at Macon and wrecked the place again■■?
So naturally, any fighting between British drivers, is credited to Murfitts and exaggerated. What a surprise. :unamused: :unamused:

CoffeeHolic, this woman in the wheelhouse wasnt a ■■■■■ Blonde in white mini & stiletos was it ? if so it was me…no not in the outfit, but i had an altercation with another driver who took it upon himself to be spokesman for everyone in the Wheelhouse that night saying that its not fair to the drivers ( who as you will remember, spent a long time stuck in there ) to parade this “Bird” and he was ■■■■■■ off about it… until I had pointed out she was entitled to be there, more than any of us drivers, & if he wanted to stay in Dover for a few more days, and get pulled every trip, then best he go & tell her himself if he was big enough, but be warned I said, speak to her nicely, & ask to see her warrant card from H.M. Customs… they where the good old days… Remember the Dolphin Pub ?

Dave O`Donnell:
CoffeeHolic, this woman in the wheelhouse wasnt a ■■■■■ Blonde in white mini & stiletos was it ? if so it was me…

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Dave O`Donnell:
no not in the outfit

Phew, that’s a relief, you had me worried for a moment. No Dave, the woman wasn’t present but the row was about some woman they had met somewhere.

Dave O`Donnell:
( who as you will remember, spent a long time stuck in there )

Oh happy days, arriving with a full load of wine a couple of days before the end of the month could just about guarantee you a 3 day wait as there was no money in the deferment for the duty etc. my record was arrive Thursday, depart Thursday. :smiley: :smiley: