Truck shows & rallies past & present

Over the last twenty five years or so I have visited numerous truck shows and vehicle rallies taking hundreds of photographs so I thought it would be best to put them all on one thread so I am kicking it of with the main one Truckfest Peterborough these photo’s were taken in 1986, also I am putting some on from Wetherby truck show 1988.
If anybody else has photo’s from shows either in this country or abroad why not post them on here. regards prattman.

This one was taken at the Trowell steam show in Nottinghamshire it was in July of this year the Seddon Atkinson 401 is mine I plan to go to more shows next year as I’ve only finished the restoration this year it’s been restored in the livery of my ex employers Stirlands of Nottingham

I saw a picture of the George Coles Scania 142 on the web at one of the Gaydon shows this year. Good to see that it is still alive, although a little worse for wear. This was one of my all time favourite trucks as a kid, does anyone know if it is going to be restored?

A few I took at Huddersfield in 2010.

here’s a few Leylands old and new-at the time- from truckfest 1986. regards prattman.

A few from Truckfest Newark

IMG_0274[1].JPG

IMG_0276[1].JPG

IMG_0273[1].JPG

IMG_0267[1].JPG

IMG_0285[1].JPG

Greetings,Mr Stanfield.Would you know if the Bristow’s Scammell originated from Shell? We had some at Wandsworth Depot with the TAN plate used for delivering lubricating oil of various grades.Regards,900x20. :question:

British Built weekend at Leyland Museum July 2007

900X20:
Greetings,Mr Stanfield.Would you know if the Bristow’s Scammell originated from Shell? We had some at Wandsworth Depot with the TAN plate used for delivering lubricating oil of various grades.Regards,900x20. :question:

Hi 900x20. Yes it was apparently an ex Shell tanker,in fact if you can get hold of a copy of Novembers Heritage Commercial magazine there is a 4 page feature about TAN513M & TAN635M along with some other Scammells in Tony Bristows fleet quite an interesting piece to read.
John (Stanfield)

here’s a few more from Wetherby 1988 all taken with b&w film. regards prattman.

gazsa401:
This one was taken at the Trowell steam show in Nottinghamshire it was in July of this year the Seddon Atkinson 401 is mine I plan to go to more shows next year as I’ve only finished the restoration this year it’s been restored in the livery of my ex employers Stirlands of Nottingham 0

Look forward to seeing the 401 on the show scene in 2014, not many about of this classic truck have been saved, see you at the retro show?

steelboyf10:

gazsa401:
This one was taken at the Trowell steam show in Nottinghamshire it was in July of this year the Seddon Atkinson 401 is mine I plan to go to more shows next year as I’ve only finished the restoration this year it’s been restored in the livery of my ex employers Stirlands of Nottingham

Look forward to seeing the 401 on the show scene in 2014, not many about of this classic truck have been saved, see you at the retro show?

I’m going to get to as many shows I can mate but if don’t make the Retro show here’s a few more photos

That’s a lovely motor Gazsa, those Bostrom seats were comfy, I don’y know why they are not fitted these days ! I also thought the bed in the 401 was good. The one’s we had all had ■■■■■■■ motors but a lot of them suffered from leaking windscreens.
Nice to see a preserved one , there can’t be many about.

Is anyone going to Donington Park on Saturday?

donington-park.co.uk/events/ … cial-show/

Trev_H:
That’s a lovely motor Gazsa, those Bostrom seats were comfy, I don’y know why they are not fitted these days ! I also thought the bed in the 401 was good. The one’s we had all had ■■■■■■■ motors but a lot of them suffered from leaking windscreens.

Thanks mate all ours were Gardner powered my dad drove an Y reg one he had it from new in the 13 years he drove it the engine was never touched it eventually dropped a valve and because of its age it was scrapped I wish I had saved but at the time I’d got a young family they gave us great service I’m more of a Gardner man than a ■■■■■■■ fan

Trev_H:

Sorry I forgot to add yes mate they were a comfy seat and had bags of storage under the bed I’m 6 2 " and I found the bed was also comfy infact u sometimes slept better in the lorry than I did in me own bed at home

more from Truckfest 1985. regards prattman.

here’s a few from Barnard Castle truck show from around 2000/2001.regards prattman.

here’s a few from the Tyne-Tees road run at Bents Park South Shields taken last year I think. regards prattman.

272.JPG

267.JPG

Here’s some shots from Carnforth Truck Show in 1994.regards prattman.