Truck satnavs.....has anyone got these kind

scanning ebay for a new truck nav for myself and come across a lot of these tablet form are they decent or not

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-inch-Truck-Lorry-GPS-SAT-NAV-Update-Bluetooth-Sunshade-SpeedCam-POI-L19-/260898929607?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3cbec9bbc7#ht_6576wt_952]

or should i stay away and buy a good named model

link fixed

I’ve not got 1 of those, no idea.

cheers for link fix pal

worksopboy:
or should i stay away and buy a good named model

iPad with Renault truck nav or snooper 7000 pal! Once you’ve done you’re first tesco, are you on general■■? :unamused: :grimacing:

lol all so far all iv done is tesco trunks for 3 week and one store in york last night and except 1 night asda chepstow, im defo lookin at them snoopers 7000 as well these things iv found seem too good for the price?!

Spend an extra £20 and get a 7" one from this guy.
hgv-trucktables.co.uk/category/scania-tables

He’s a trucker and a really nice guy, gives you warrenty and backup, and as a trucker he knows what he’s talking about.

I got one which is great, then i got a snooper 7000 and have to be honest i personally think its crap compared to the cheaper one.

Looses gps signal and certain parts of the motorway and after paying for the updates on the speed cameras i still cant download them, and Snooper were useless when i called them and really couldnt be bothered to help. but hey they already had my money so why would they care.

Madguy :imp:

I got the 7" one off ebay from ‘navibuzz’

Only had it for a week so far. Had 1 question about it that was answered very quick by the seller.
Not sure about the main navigation program on it, in that it warns you of weight limits rather than routing around them. Not sure if it’s me not setting it up right but we’ll see…
Overall, fairly impressed for the price. :slight_smile:

Thats quite cheap for a sta nav. Try using a map first though. As for Tesco, when I was working out of Kiln Farm I drew maps of how to get to almost every store they serviced, the traffic office copied them and put them all in protective binders… I wonder if they still have them ? (At Fenny lock I mean).

Yes I think for the price I paid for it I can cope with the few issues I have.
Did look at getting a second hand ‘branded’ one but they’re still selling for hundreds, or way more than I can afford / am allowed to spend

Looks Chinese to me…wouldn’t bother.

No point in going cheap on a sat-nav.

Don’t forget why you’re wanting one and what it’s for!

madguy:

He’s a trucker and a really nice guy, gives you warrenty and backup, and as a trucker he knows what he’s talking about.

I got one which is great, then i got a snooper 7000 and have to be honest i personally think its crap compared to the cheaper one.

Looses gps signal and certain parts of the motorway and after paying for the updates on the speed cameras i still cant download them, and Snooper were useless when i called them and really couldnt be bothered to help. but hey they already had my money so why would they care.

Hes not asking about a table to put a map on. :unamused:

schrodingers cat:

madguy:

no he is not but if you look on the link you will also find that the bloke sells sat navs too :unamused:

schrodingers cat:

madguy:

Well done for showing your stupidity, you havn’t looked at the site if you didn’t know he sells sat navs as well.

Typical, stick your ten pence worth in when you don’y even know what the hell your talking about.

It looks very similar to the one I got - I can’t find the exact details, but it all looks the same. I’ve had no problems with it at all once I’ve set up the details for the lorry. It takes a bit of getting used to after a Tomtom, but nothing you won’t quickly pick up. If its the same seller, he gives you a couple of different nav programs on the tablet, I think the one I normally use is Igo HGV or something like that - would recommend it to anybody.

Gary

scaniason:
It looks very similar to the one I got - I can’t find the exact details, but it all looks the same. I’ve had no problems with it at all once I’ve set up the details for the lorry. It takes a bit of getting used to after a Tomtom, but nothing you won’t quickly pick up. If its the same seller, he gives you a couple of different nav programs on the tablet, I think the one I normally use is Igo HGV or something like that - would recommend it to anybody.

Gary

Yes IGO is one of the programs I use on mine, map looks basic but works very well :smiley:

Got one, does what it says. Had it for 6 months now and it has not sent me any where I should not be going.

shop.snooperdirect.com/product1950186.html

I’ve just bought 1 of these , hopefully will be delivered by Tuesday , expensive but it does everything … can flog my pure highway dab now

matt3903:

scaniason:

Gary

Yes IGO is one of the programs I use on mine, map looks basic but works very well :smiley:

Just thought - the one problem I’ve had is that it thinks the Dartford Tunnel is 7.5T max, and always tries to route me through the Blackwall Tunnel instead. Must investigate how to change that!

Gary

Whirlwind:
http://shop.snooperdirect.com/product1950186.html

I’ve just bought 1 of these , hopefully will be delivered by Tuesday , expensive but it does everything … can flog my pure highway dab now

thats a nice looking bit of kit our place have just installed co pilot in all our units and its a decent system apart from it says that all ports are ristricted and we should not drive on them which considering we do boxes and going to ports is a fairly big part of the job its a bit stupid :confused:

Pat Hasler:
Thats quite cheap for a sta nav. Try using a map first though. As for Tesco, when I was working out of Kiln Farm I drew maps of how to get to almost every store they serviced, the traffic office copied them and put them all in protective binders… I wonder if they still have them ? (At Fenny lock I mean).

Probably not at Fenny Lock, as its closed.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-12612559