Truck satnavs.....has anyone got these kind

cliffton 27:

Whirlwind:
http://shop.snooperdirect.com/product1950186.html

I’ve just bought 1 of these , hopefully will be delivered by Tuesday , expensive but it does everything … can flog my pure highway dab now

thats a nice looking bit of kit our place have just installed co pilot in all our units and its a decent system apart from it says that all ports are ristricted and we should not drive on them which considering we do boxes and going to ports is a fairly big part of the job its a bit stupid :confused:

The amount of industrial estates my tomtom thinks are restricted against HGV’s in unbelievable, what do they think goes on an industrial estate.

Is this the same sat nav as what you chaps are on about?

item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewit … 0907758426

Is it really that good?

scaniason:

matt3903:

scaniason:
It looks very similar to the one I got - I can’t find the exact details, but it all looks the same. I’ve had no problems with it at all once I’ve set up the details for the lorry. It takes a bit of getting used to after a Tomtom, but nothing you won’t quickly pick up. If its the same seller, he gives you a couple of different nav programs on the tablet, I think the one I normally use is Igo HGV or something like that - would recommend it to anybody.

Gary

Yes IGO is one of the programs I use on mine, map looks basic but works very well :smiley:

Just thought - the one problem I’ve had is that it thinks the Dartford Tunnel is 7.5T max, and always tries to route me through the Blackwall Tunnel instead. Must investigate how to change that!

Gary

i have one of those and mines the same…sends me over the bridge at dartford but tries to send me back through london…mine also warns me of 94mph speed limits on some motorway stretches?

dont know if id trust it, reminds me of the hgv add on for normal tomtoms which i though were ■■■■ and would never buy again, bought the snooper s2000 and found it great

I bought a cheap Chineese sat-nav. It works exactly as I need it to.

If you set axle weight on snooper and overall weight it routes me away from limits unless no other option i own snooper s7000 and have had for last 3 years best truck sat nav ever had

Whirlwind:
http://shop.snooperdirect.com/product1950186.html

I’ve just bought 1 of these , hopefully will be delivered by Tuesday , expensive but it does everything … can flog my pure highway dab now

Me too bought one to replace my S7000,can,t fault the snoopers,this will be my third one they just keep getting better,I upgrade when I can afford to.

madguy:

schrodingers cat:

madguy:
Spend an extra £20 and get a 7" one from this guy.
hgv-trucktables.co.uk/category/scania-tables

He’s a trucker and a really nice guy, gives you warrenty and backup, and as a trucker he knows what he’s talking about.

I got one which is great, then i got a snooper 7000 and have to be honest i personally think its crap compared to the cheaper one.

Looses gps signal and certain parts of the motorway and after paying for the updates on the speed cameras i still cant download them, and Snooper were useless when i called them and really couldnt be bothered to help. but hey they already had my money so why would they care.

Madguy :imp:

Hes not asking about a table to put a map on. :unamused:

Well done for showing your stupidity, you havn’t looked at the site if you didn’t know he sells sat navs as well.

Typical, stick your ten pence worth in when you don’y even know what the hell your talking about.

Stupid? from a bloke who paid out for a Snooper S7000 and thinks he has to sell it cos he doesn’t know how to put a free map update on it. :unamused:

schrodingers cat:

madguy:

schrodingers cat:

madguy:
Spend an extra £20 and get a 7" one from this guy.
hgv-trucktables.co.uk/category/scania-tables

He’s a trucker and a really nice guy, gives you warrenty and backup, and as a trucker he knows what he’s talking about.

I got one which is great, then i got a snooper 7000 and have to be honest i personally think its crap compared to the cheaper one.

Looses gps signal and certain parts of the motorway and after paying for the updates on the speed cameras i still cant download them, and Snooper were useless when i called them and really couldnt be bothered to help. but hey they already had my money so why would they care.

Hes not asking about a table to put a map on. :unamused:

Well done for showing your stupidity, you havn’t looked at the site if you didn’t know he sells sat navs as well.

Typical, stick your ten pence worth in when you don’y even know what the hell your talking about.

Stupid? from a bloke who paid out for a Snooper S7000 and thinks he has to sell it cos he doesn’t know how to put a free map update on it. :unamused:

Who said anything about selling it? Again you still cant read a post properly, why dont you go play with yourself and give us all a break.

Bought the new S7000 recently and really not impressed, always looses signal between jct 6 and jct 11 M6 and a radius of about 5 miles so always get lost in that kneck of the woods, always seems to have a bad signal in St Helens even though I have an external roof mounted ariel.

Tried to update it but couldnt get the updated free map, paid the £29.99 and still cant download the latest map so just about ready to send it back now and demand me money back !

Oops sorry, demand your money back. :unamused:
Still doesn’t tell us you had the intelligence to download the free map even though I posted the correct url. You still paid £29.99 for the the speed cam updates then complained you hadn’t had the free map :unamused:.
I also gave you an idea that the reason you lose signal on your satnav may be because you use the external arial which may be too sensitive and picking up signals that block the very weak satellite signals, no feedback there, you tried it? or do you just think Chinese crap satnav is the way to go? Just read the rest of the website posted to see how crap it is.

was speaking to driver today who had one of these sat navs…i shall not name him nor company but he still managed to hit a rail way bridge today and turn his trailer into flatbed, finished his day, cleaned his cab out pending outcome and police interview tomorrow. i think he left his common sense back at his yard before he took the route

ST3:
was speaking to driver today who had one of these sat navs…i shall not name him nor company but he still managed to hit a rail way bridge today and turn his trailer into flatbed, finished his day, cleaned his cab out pending outcome and police interview tomorrow. i think he left his common sense back at his yard before he took the route

That would make no difference what sat nav or map he had.

The sat nav’s are only as good as the information in them, both in the map and put in by the user. Let’s say you’ve just dropped a 14’ trailer and picked a 16’3 decker up, but don’t change the sat nav settings.
Also, the sat nav’s aren’t always right, there’s many mistakes, so you keep your eyes open.

That guy is a muppet, not the sat nav, the sat nav is just a map on a computer (saves carrying hundreds of a-z’s)

Ive got a pro nav and its brilliant.

ST3:

Its been stated before on here, too many drivers think that spending £100`s on a “truck” satnav will negate the need to use both driver instinct and common sense. Using both driver instinct and common sense you can save yourself loads of grief, but even if you only buy a regular tomtom satnav instead of a widescreen, you could potentially save money that could be used elsewhere. I see too many of these widescreen things being used, & IMO they look hideous

peirre:

ST3:

Its been stated before on here, too many drivers think that spending £100`s on a “truck” satnav will negate the need to use both driver instinct and common sense. Using both driver instinct and common sense you can save yourself loads of grief, but even if you only buy a regular tomtom satnav instead of a widescreen, you could potentially save money that could be used elsewhere. I see too many of these widescreen things being used, & IMO they look hideous

Bit of envy creeping into that statement I think!!

I have the 5 inch model works quite well. I see nothing wrong with Chinese products,its a bit like Skoda jokes ,they have upped their game in the last 10 years.You could buy a sat nav with a reversing camera for about £80.00 If I had my own motor I would have one.

iv got a tomtom truck nav and its faultless but still need know your height to input data lol no excuse for hitting bridge when you know your too high lol sat navs are great if you use your common sense with them

heard asda double decker hit a bridge in cramlington yesterday morning and on radio today was truck stuck under bridge in castleford, thats 3 in 2 days i know of all railway bridges

ST3:
iv got a tomtom truck nav and its faultless but still need know your height to input data lol no excuse for hitting bridge when you know your too high lol sat navs are great if you use your common sense with them

heard asda double decker hit a bridge in cramlington yesterday morning and on radio today was truck stuck under bridge in castleford, thats 3 in 2 days i know of all railway bridges

may be about 2 month ago i was driving double deckers.it was near ledbury.drive ,drive,not one sign before show about low bridge.see bridge stop 20 metre before and i see it is to low for my lorry.i was little bitt stressed.

ldg2009:
dont know if id trust it, reminds me of the hgv add on for normal tomtoms which i though were [zb] and would never buy again, bought the snooper s2000 and found it great

I’ve got a TomTom (car version) which I thought was good, until it went wrong, and my firm gave a Snooper S2000 to use. Gosh - great to be routed along roads designed for my 7.5 tonner, instead of tiny single-tracks because it is 1 millionth of a nanosecond quicker than a proper route.

I’ve recently bought a TMC aerial which I hope will mean that I can save the £50 that TT charges for live traffic info.

xamtex:

scaniason:

matt3903:

scaniason:
It looks very similar to the one I got - I can’t find the exact details, but it all looks the same. I’ve had no problems with it at all once I’ve set up the details for the lorry. It takes a bit of getting used to after a Tomtom, but nothing you won’t quickly pick up. If its the same seller, he gives you a couple of different nav programs on the tablet, I think the one I normally use is Igo HGV or something like that - would recommend it to anybody.

Gary

Yes IGO is one of the programs I use on mine, map looks basic but works very well :smiley:

Just thought - the one problem I’ve had is that it thinks the Dartford Tunnel is 7.5T max, and always tries to route me through the Blackwall Tunnel instead. Must investigate how to change that!

Gary

i went through the dartford tunnel tonight and if you look the right lane of the left bore has a 7.5t limit and the right hand lane of the right bore has a 3t limit so really the satnav is correct?both tunnels carry a weight limit and no satnav is accurate enough to track parralel lanes underground??its playing safe as it looses its gps signal in the tunnel and cant keep you in the correct lane?
i set mine to 7t it sent me back through dartford instead of blackwall.