Truck sat navs of 2016

Hi all.
I’ve been reading old posts, 2012, about decent reliable truck sat navs and just wondered if anyone has personal use and recommendations on any?
I’ve been looking about myself, Tom Tom and Garmin are tops but they’re pretty expensive.
I have also come across this 25 year lorry driver Chris who designed his own and sells them!
hgv-trucktables.co.uk/7-truc … etooth.php
Any thoughts or feedback is much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

A few people on here rate the Trucktables SatNav.

A mid-price one to think about is the CoPilot Truck app for your phone. Think it’s about £130.

I use CoPilot Car at the moment and if the truck one is as good as that, I’ll probably go for it instead of a dedicated Truck SatNav… then again… maybe I’ll end up getting a dedicated one anyway.

I have the trucktables one…And for what it is…It’s a good satnav…Not to be relied on alone of course…Always check out the route on a map…But like i said for the money i can’t fault it…

Dollymixture:
Hi all.
I’ve been reading old posts, 2012, about decent reliable truck sat navs and just wondered if anyone has personal use and recommendations on any?
I’ve been looking about myself, Tom Tom and Garmin are tops but they’re pretty expensive.
I have also come across this 25 year lorry driver Chris who designed his own and sells them!
hgv-trucktables.co.uk/7-truc … etooth.php
Any thoughts or feedback is much appreciated.

Really i thought they ran a version of igo

I use a trucktable 7" and its fine even in London with 7 drops, but do make sure you shut it down as instructions, not like a normal sat nav or you will have to ring chris because of igo exe errors, again if chris don’t pick up he rings back within the hour good service, its windows based and requires shutting down before using the turn off switch, that was my error according to chris, now things are great no errors for 6 months. Hard to see with sunlight but probably comes with a sun shield. but for £79 a good buy, I deliver plastic facias and gutters all over the country working well in all areas, unlike a garmin I had, cant comment on tom tom never had one.

Oh thanks guys with all your feedback has been really helpful.
I have Collins paper map and would consult it as advised by many.
My first agency job asked me if I’d like to take a hike to Wakefield for pick and drop at northern Scotland (I’m in Hull) and stay overnight alone to drop-off full wagon of bathrooms however I refused as just want a few local drops before I start sailing round the country.
Any tips anytime on driving etc is also very welcome.

dave_890:
I use a trucktable 7" and its fine even in London with 7 drops, but do make sure you shut it down as instructions, not like a normal sat nav or you will have to ring chris because of igo exe errors, again if chris don’t pick up he rings back within the hour good service, its windows based and requires shutting down before using the turn off switch, that was my error according to chris, now things are great no errors for 6 months. Hard to see with sunlight but probably comes with a sun shield. but for £79 a good buy, I deliver plastic facias and gutters all over the country working well in all areas, unlike a garmin I had, cant comment on tom tom never had one.

Had igo in my android stereo in the car but ditched it as the screen does not show the road full time it changes as you move off to a speedo and often resulted in the app not showing lane assist until it was too late at busy junctions.

Doe the truck version do the same mate or is it a full time road view on the screen ?

Would be interested if so, as a sat nav igo is ok just that one thing would be a deal breaker for me as a new pass.

Do your research… I made the mistake of thinking priciest is the best as I was in a hurry. I really don’t like my Garmin 770.

Don’t get a Garmin.

SuperMultiBlue:
Do your research… I made the mistake of thinking priciest is the best as I was in a hurry. I really don’t like my Garmin 770.

Don’t get a Garmin.

Yes I have SuperMultiBlue, that’s why I thought I’d ask for actual results on here as there is a lot of conflicting reviews out there. It is always best to do ones ground work and get real people opinions before parting with ones hard earned cash…
And thank you for pointing out Garmin 770 is not as good as the reviews I’ve read. I’ll take that one off the list :slight_smile:

Dazza1shot:

dave_890:

Had igo in my android stereo in the car but ditched it as the screen does not show the road full time it changes as you move off to a speedo and often resulted in the app not showing lane assist until it was too late at busy junctions.

Doe the truck version do the same mate or is it a full time road view on the screen ?

Would be interested if so, as a sat nav igo is ok just that one thing would be a deal breaker for me as a new pass.

If it did drop off chris would refund, like said his support is great, but mine has not done that at all, Garmin could not see some remote post codes in Wales my truck nav from chris sees them ok though.

dave_890:

Dazza1shot:

dave_890:

If it did drop off chris would refund, like said his support is great, but mine has not done that at all, Garmin could not see some remote post codes in Wales my truck nav from chris sees them ok though.

Sorry mate I think I have not explained what j meant properly, the igo I have in my car does not have the maps on tne screen over say 10 mph, still get voice instructions however the map is replaced with a speedo instead.
Once speed is reduced the map comes back but it has often resulted in missed turns, as such the end result has been me using the sygic car app as my full time car sat nav.
For the life of me I cannot figure how to get the maps to stay on full time.

Does this unit have the maps on for the entirety of your journey?

Yep the maps stay on the screen.

dave_890:
Yep the maps stay on the screen.

Thanks mate looks a good option , is it basically a tablet ? Can it be used for video etc ?

I’ve just ordered the truck nav 7 inch Bluetooth via eBay. £73 in total. He has great feedback on eBay it’s the same Chris who sells via UK truckers too.

Dollymixture:
I’ve just ordered the truck nav 7 inch Bluetooth via eBay. £73 in total. He has great feedback on eBay it’s the same Chris who sells via UK truckables too.

This thread may be on interest, though a bit late if you’ve already ordered a sat-nav.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=139891&p=2199681#p2199681

tachograph:
This thread may be on interest, though a bit late if you’ve already ordered a sat-nav.

Thank you for link. If I can’t get on with it I’ll consider the other one.

Im on cured tomtom go950 truck and copilot. Ive purchased copilot ages ago before android was popular. Few months back Ive just installed copilot truck from play store and logged in my Alk profile. I was really surprised when realised my truck app is fully working and is unlocked. Black version from play store is for those who want to try it or already got licence.

tachograph:

Thanks that looks better I like the map updates as well :slight_smile: how does it cope I sunlight ?

Dollymixture:
I’ve just ordered the truck nav 7 inch Bluetooth via eBay. £73 in total. He has great feedback on eBay it’s the same Chris who sells via UK truckers too.

I’ve just ordered one based off this. I’ll never need it in this job I’ve just landed it’s same route every night however it’s always good to have one to hand.