Truck sat navs of 2016

I still recon this is pretty good if you have a half decent phone & or tablet (one key can be activated on up to five seperate devices or device upgrades), although I must say I haven’t used it in a working environment myself yet, aponia.com/en/ and it’s on sale for €49.90 (just under 43 quid) for the whole of Europe, or if you just want the UK and Ireland then it’s €39.90 atm

It works very well certainly on par with co pilot .

I used Chris at HGV truck tables sat nav. Never had a problem never let me down. Battery poor but hay ho. I recently bought a tomtom 6000. Much better screen and does send you a slightly different route but no quicker than the one from Chris. To be honest don’t know why I bought the tomtom now, mad moment was very happy with the one from Chris. For a first truck sat nav get that one from Chris.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Darrenb:
I used Chris at HGV truck tables sat nav. Never had a problem never let me down. Battery poor but hay ho. I recently bought a tomtom 6000. Much better screen and does send you a slightly different route but no quicker than the one from Chris. To be honest don’t know why I bought the tomtom now, mad moment was very happy with the one from Chris. For a first truck sat nav get that one from Chris.

I’ve noticed it’s got NaviExtras on it. Did you ever connect it up to PC and use it? If so what’s the device name to update it cause I can’t find it at all on the list.

Thanks in advance.

To be honest never updated it that way went on a site and downloaded the latest maps then just copied the files over using USB cable

Darrenb:
To be honest never updated it that way went on a site and downloaded the latest maps then just copied the files over using USB cable

Fair enough. Thanks.

I bought myself a sat have from a guy on eBay called nav man. He gets his units from China and programme s them before he sells them . I think he comes from Morecambe. I’ve had mine since end at march and it’s been fantastic. Never let me down and with starting a new job and having to find new places it’s Been invaluable. I got the better one he sells with a camera and it was £109.
I would definitely recommend them. PS he also provides you with a contact number incase you have any problems with it. :smiley:

Well I’ve landed myself a driving job with Arco on their mobile safety Unit and been up and down the country and the trucknav from Chris has been absolutely great.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I really like Google maps. Which effectively is just the same as a paper map.
I just type in the postcode and then modify the route to make it truck friendly and to avoid any serious traffic incidents. I’ve got a truck sat nav as well but it’s no where near as responsive.