Truck Sat Nav

Hi Guys
Am in the market to buy a decent truck Sat Nav,Was interested in your comments on which one you fellas use /reccommend,any comments welcomed,

I use a snooper s7000 truckmate.

karl67:
I use a snooper s7000 truckmate.

Thanks for reply mate and have you found it reliable?

Found it brilliant.
Bridges and weight limits.
Never lost signal, Gives plenty of notice for exits etc.
You set what type of vehicle your in ie car,truck, set weight, height, length, and stores them in memory.
You can set it for multi routing.
7" screen

And the tv comes in handy for waiting at tesco stores. :wink:

karl67:
Found it brilliant.
Bridges and weight limits.
Never lost signal, Gives plenty of notice for exits etc.
You set what type of vehicle your in ie car,truck, set weight, height, length, and stores them in memory.
You can set it for multi routing.
7" screen

And the tv comes in handy for waiting at tesco stores. :wink:

Nice one Karl thankyou very much for your help mate just priced one up…

What did you come up with prices ?

Have a look at some on youtube.
S7000 TRUCKMATE

Get yourself a non hgv sat nav, buy a bridge map and have a weekend away with the money you save :grimacing:

Darb:
Get yourself a non hgv sat nav, buy a bridge map and have a weekend away with the money you save :grimacing:

• 1 (or just the map and have a long weekend) :laughing:

S7000 over here too. Cant fault it after a year! And the tv is grat for breaks!

karl67:
What did you come up with prices ?

Have a look at some on youtube.
S7000 TRUCKMATE

Stii looking but at the moment seem to be around the £350 ish mark

Thats about what i paid few months ago. :wink:

Anyone know what the Tom Tom truck ones are like

Hi Mate

I have the Tom tom 9000 for trucks, you can set it to different vehicles
From a car upwards, does bridges, weight length etc.
You can also set it for if you are carrying hazardous
cost me £400 about 8 month’s ago and as been very good.
The only bad point is some of the functions can’t be used unless you subscribe to pay £18 a month which ■■■■■■ me off as there not happy with the £400 you laid out to buy it.
But I can do without the extra things.

Rgds Jay

Chewyboy:

I wouldn´t use one if I got it for free, terrible contraption. There has been a gazillion topics on this before as well

Chewyboy:

They are rubbish.

Our firm have fitted tom toms in the trucks and tried it the other day along side my snooper s7000. Same address in Hackney and the tom tom was 4 miles longer. When i get closer it became apparent that it routed me around a timed restriction but was trying to send me through a 6"6 width restriction and two seperate 7.5 ton weight limits. This was 9am so the timed restriction isnt even in place where the snooper took me straight there and just pre warned me of the restriction.

Also nearly every single other driver has reported the same thing and none of us use them.

The snooper isnt perfect, i still use a London a to z my truckers atlas and the London lorry control map. The sat nav is then programmed acordingly. 50-60% of our loads are abnormal into central London and the snooper is easily programmed to follow our designated routes.

i recent bought the snooper db8500 truck sat nav.
first truck sat nav i have bought and works very well. cant fault it so far

Pro nav, would buy another.

I have always used TTs but after buying a 1005 in January they have gone down a long way. The original. TT Go is better than this for the money I expected better, you cannot set a speed in it any more meaning for every hour It says it takes I have to add on 15 minutes, the map colours are terrible you have trouble defining what kind of a road it is sending you down luckily I always look at the map to see where it is sending me. With a lot of city centre driving I do find Sat Navs very good for those who slag them off try them., it can be confusing at first but you do get use to them and I don’t have a truck one just don’t see the point, that’s what signposts are for

Bit disappointed to hear that about the Tom Tom as I’ve had car ones and thought they were pretty good leaning towards the snooper now though :smiley:

Chewyboy:
leaning towards the snooper now though :smiley:

You won’t be disappointed. :wink: