Truck Sat Nav

Sat Nav is not a navigation tool for professionals, it a handy little street map of the whole country and should be treated as such.

In other words, use your own judgement as a professional driver, after consulting proper maps if necessary, how to get to the approximate area of your destination.
Then use your satnav to help guide you in the last mile or so.

They are useful if you let them run whilst you follow your own route, they can be useful for counting down to hidden or badly signposted roads and for a quick check at un unsignposted roundabout for example.

You certainly don’t need a bloody trucker satnav, Jesus wept never heard anything so bloody preposterous…350 bloody nicker :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

A cheapish basic satnav with a larger screen and preferably free traffic (Garmin) is plenty…probably more cost effective than a boxful of A to Z’s.

Snooper s7000, never had any bother with it, takes you the way you’d go if you knew where you were going anyway. The tv is good too, not had any bother thus far.

Running a TomTom 930 - with the correct software and have tomtom truck running sweet with RDS Live Traffic as well…

Best £90 I’ve spent :smiley:

I have been using a TT7000 truck nav for a few years with no problems. Last week I decided I should upgrade the map as I never had, it cost £104 :frowning:

That’s not the worst. The new map wipes the old one out for room, but then tells me it doesnt have ant truck data so now I have a car nav. I called TT as there was no other way and it went like this after I had explained the problem…

TT : You need to call your supplier
Me : I am, you supplied the map and the unit is fine.
TT : No, you need to call the supplier.
Me : I am lalalalal
TT : Well you are truckfleet so call them
Me : I am a sole user not a fleet
TT : Sorry cant help.

I called the business section and did the whole above convo again inc their responses. Eventually they gave me a truckfleet access (why) and I sent screen shots of all the files on the TT. The passed them to the tech guys saying -

TT : We’ve never had this problem so we will get back to you asap
Me : Before you go, visit your own forum as it’s full of hacked off truckers!

Been two days and no solution. I shall go to Snooper next time

tom tom go 7000 is the best
it does what it says on the tin
it sings and it dances
get rds- tmc mains charger too for free live traffic information
it re routes you automatically to a faster route
when there is slow traffic or an accident on your route

!!!

As an old fogie I prefer and use maps - got bought a snooper 7000 and reluctantly admit it’s good. Tv came in handy on a night out in the cab too. Expensive. And one big issue - if you go the wrong way and it wants you to turn round it does some really stupid routes including taking me through a weight limit. Odd, but almost as if it panics and doesn’t plan those quick corrections properly!

Get a pronav and spend the savings on a good night out! I have used them for years and can’t see anything wrong with them.

+1 for Pro Nav. Lots cheaper than the big names, but does height, width, weight, LEZ. But as others have said ALWAYS check a mapbook first, then use the sat nav for the last few miles.

Get A ProNav Pn350. I own a Pn300 and ive had no troble at all great bit of kit and cheaper that snooper and tomtom.

Used snooper and tomtom and my ProNav Pn300 beats them hands down.

The Pn350 has all the latest hgv route maps on it and does what it says on the tin, you cant go wrong and with the money you save your be able to have some fun with a
prostitute when you park up for the night…if thats your thing.