Truck sat Nav

Hi guys I’m after a truck sat nav as I’m new to this game and will be looking at spending around £200 and just wondering from experience what nav would be appropriate for the job please was looking at the TOMTOM 520 a refurb unit is around £145 any advice would be greatful thanks

Father Christmas bought me a TomTom. Connects to the phone use’s hardly any data, and spot on so far.

The Aguri truck Sat Nav look good for the money similar to the snooper have a look at their website

trucker10:
The Aguri truck Sat Nav look good for the money similar to the snooper have a look at their website

Yes they are good thought id try these after having three snoopers,just fancied a change.

bobbya:

trucker10:

Yes they are good thought id try these after having three snoopers,just fancied a change.

Are all the map and speed camera updates done by WiFi and it all works fine ?

thanks guys I do like the look of the aguri if anybody else can shine some light on it… built in dash cam too …

biggriffin:
Father Christmas bought me a TomTom. Connects to the phone use’s hardly any data, and spot on so far.

yeah thats the one ive got ,Always gives you the best route and automatically reroutes you if there is a hold up ,free traffic updates and maps for life, reads what app messages out loud for you and you can tell it what to do with your voice while driving. it really is brilliant and only £200 if you phone up tomtom to say you want to upgrade your truck sat nav

Garmin Nuvi 58 is very very good, around 90eur. Lifetime updates and good display, the birds voice isnt too bad either. Its a car nav but imo is all you really need…

AndrewG:
Its a car nav but imo is all you really need…

I agree entirely…BUT

iStock_634980_LARGE Worms-285x325.png
:laughing:

trucker10:

Does it do live traffic updates , if not its virtually useless

Managed very well for a few years now with just the base car models… :slight_smile:

villa:

trucker10:

Does it do live traffic updates , if not its virtually useless

Maybe handy to have, but without them ‘virtually useless’ ?
I seem to manage ok without them personally anyway, the radio traffic news works for me on that score. :neutral_face:

biggriffin:

Shouldn’t use any of your phones data, has a built in sim for traffic etc.

robroy:

AndrewG:
Its a car nav but imo is all you really need…

I agree entirely…BUT

:laughing:

I just love opening those… :grimacing:

Btw-cough…bridges…cough/choke… :stuck_out_tongue:

Just bought (well I got it for Xmas off the Wife but it’s my income so, you work it out) the TomTom GO Professional 6200 with lifetime Europe map updates and 12 months traffic & speedcams.

Not had a chance to use it properly other than stuck it in the car and had a little run out with it, everything seems ok so far and as it’s on sale on Amazon atm it’s not really that much above your threshold of £200 > Amazon link

Only issue I’ve had (and I’m sure it’s more to do with my PC than the TomTom) is I cannot get it to connect to ‘MyDrive Connect’ on the PC at all, it connects to the MyDrive Connect Android app on both my phone and my tablet via bluetooth just fine though, I think it’s a USB issue regarding my PC but haven’t got it figured out just yet.

Reef:
Just bought (well I got it for Xmas off the Wife but it’s my income so, you work it out) the TomTom GO Professional 6200 with lifetime Europe map updates and 12 months traffic & speedcams.

Not had a chance to use it properly other than stuck it in the car and had a little run out with it, everything seems ok so far and as it’s on sale on Amazon atm it’s not really that much above your threshold of £200 > Amazon link

Only issue I’ve had (and I’m sure it’s more to do with my PC than the TomTom) is I cannot get it to connect to ‘MyDrive Connect’ on the PC at all, it connects to the MyDrive Connect Android app on both my phone and my tablet via bluetooth just fine though, I think it’s a USB issue regarding my PC but haven’t got it figured out just yet.

That’s what I got and to be fair it’s not let me down yet although I generally know where I’m going anyway so use it as a guide on arrival times more than anything. Traffic is reasonably accurate too and bridge heights/routing have been accurate thus far.

Get a £40 jobbie off of ebay.

ebay.co.uk/itm/Newest-7-8GB … 0505.m3226

Washwipe:

biggriffin:

Shouldn’t use any of your phones data, has a built in sim for traffic etc.

It’s the WiFi edition, lifetime everything, doesn’t have the SIM card like the 6200, which is free traffic for 1year, then it’s subscription, 5200 is connect via phone, tethered/Bluetooth.

My apologies BG, was thinking it was the 6250, Wi-fi, SIM card, lifetime traffic, map updates etc.

trucker10:

bobbya:

trucker10:

Are all the map and speed camera updates done by WiFi and it all works fine ?

Yes all good so far.