Truck sat Nav

villa:

trucker10:
The Aguri truck Sat Nav look good for the money similar to the snooper have a look at their website

Does it do live traffic updates , if not its virtually useless

Yes it does and gives you a reroute.

AndrewG:

robroy:

AndrewG:
Its a car nav but imo is all you really need…

I agree entirely…BUT

:laughing:

I just love opening those… :grimacing:

Btw-cough…bridges…cough/choke… :stuck_out_tongue:

Not many bridges where you are is there?

Reef:
Just bought (well I got it for Xmas off the Wife but it’s my income so, you work it out) the TomTom GO Professional 6200 with lifetime Europe map updates and 12 months traffic & speedcams.

Not had a chance to use it properly other than stuck it in the car and had a little run out with it, everything seems ok so far and as it’s on sale on Amazon atm it’s not really that much above your threshold of £200 > Amazon link

Only issue I’ve had (and I’m sure it’s more to do with my PC than the TomTom) is I cannot get it to connect to ‘MyDrive Connect’ on the PC at all, it connects to the MyDrive Connect Android app on both my phone and my tablet via bluetooth just fine though, I think it’s a USB issue regarding my PC but haven’t got it figured out just yet.

you don’t really need the my drive app on your pc ,and unless you have bluetooth on your pc it won’t connect , just put it on your phone , you can update with WI FI then , plus you can plan a route to a destination on your phone , (in a waiting room for example) , it offers you 3 choices of routes , you just choose the one you like and send it to your device from your phone

villa:

Reef:
Just bought (well I got it for Xmas off the Wife but it’s my income so, you work it out) the TomTom GO Professional 6200 with lifetime Europe map updates and 12 months traffic & speedcams.

Not had a chance to use it properly other than stuck it in the car and had a little run out with it, everything seems ok so far and as it’s on sale on Amazon atm it’s not really that much above your threshold of £200 > Amazon link

Only issue I’ve had (and I’m sure it’s more to do with my PC than the TomTom) is I cannot get it to connect to ‘MyDrive Connect’ on the PC at all, it connects to the MyDrive Connect Android app on both my phone and my tablet via bluetooth just fine though, I think it’s a USB issue regarding my PC but haven’t got it figured out just yet.

you don’t really need the my drive app on your pc ,and unless you have bluetooth on your pc it won’t connect , just put it on your phone , you can update with WI FI then , plus you can plan a route to a destination on your phone , (in a waiting room for example) , it offers you 3 choices of routes , you just choose the one you like and send it to your device from your phone

Yeah I’m not overly bothered about PC connectivity (which you connect via the USB cable not bluetooth btw) it’s just slightly annoying that I couldn’t get it working, no worries really.

I bought the tablet primarily for use in the truck, web browsing, google street view and such so the fact that I can tether my tablet to my phone and then have google street view and MyDrive open at the same time to route, pinpoint and advance recce any new delivery and then send that through to my TomTom ticks all the boxes for me and merges all the tech into an intelligent and useful system, of course all used in conjunction with the added fail safe of my AA truckers atlas :wink:

Washwipe:
My apologies BG, was thinking it was the 6250, Wi-fi, SIM card, lifetime traffic, map updates etc.

I was going to go for the 6250 because of the lifetime traffic and cameras but when I weighed up the terrible ‘sale’ prices of the 6250 compared to the sale prices of the 6200 it actually made more sense to go with the 6200 and re-subscription costs because in three years (by this time the two prices would have equalised due to the first year free and then 2x subscription costs) I would probably be looking to upgrade to the next model released by then anyway.

Got one Harry…and so many extras…uk & europe maps, and i got a sun screen as well…its brilliant … too many extras to mention…and if it goes wrong…just bin it…ha ha

As being a new driver I suggest buy yourself a tomtom 6250 which has literly everything and it’s more or less like 1 time spend Live traffic is just unbeatable and it’s spot on for time arrival Goodluck.

Nth London place tomorrow, near ally pally, so will try the TomTom out, verse is the cheapo Chinese eBay jobbey.

robroy:
Maybe handy to have, but without them ‘virtually useless’ ?
I seem to manage ok without them personally anyway, the radio traffic news works for me on that score. :neutral_face:

Radio traffic news is pretty good for telling you why you are sitting in a queue - but that’s about as far as it goes. The information they broadcast is so far behind the curve as to be useless for all practical purposes unless you happen to be an hour or more away from the problem and are able to plan an alternative route that goes nowhere near it. The TomTom Live traffic stuff by comparison is spooky to see in operation - it’s almost like having a live camera feed showing you exactly how long the delays are (and also, more importantly, what the delays are like on the alternative routes, and how they are changing).

paid £79 for one ,better than my old £300 snooper which packed in, although snooper did have traffic info which was good but more information on bigger screen on this one and routing very good.

I bought a snooker s2500 in July 13, it’s been back to snooper twice since the warranty ran out. Last time,in May last year it cost me £90 to have it fixed. New screen involved as it kept crashing. The same problem is back, and if the problem can’t be fixed via their website, I’m looking at another costly repair plus £7 postage. It was away last time for the full 28 days they quote for repairs.
This has left me wondering,do I go for a new one, an aguri at £249, or a new TomTom at £299. I don’t really want another snooker after the problems I’ve had in the last 18 months with it. Last time it was away, they gave me really poor couldn’t care less service. I posted on here about it at the time.

So,can anyone advise me which models to consider. Thanks.

biggriffin:
Nth London place tomorrow, near ally pally, so will try the TomTom out, verse is the cheapo Chinese eBay jobbey.

Well got here using the Tom Tom, straight here, no problems, traffic info was bang on too.

Didn’t rate tomtom ( can’t remember no ) , set it for Grantham - rugby and at Waltham on wolds it wanted to turn right :unamused: , tried it a few times and still wanted to it , sent it back and got a snooper and London spot on , just slipped up on a bus lane in Wolverhampton and a couple of other things . Not cheap though £400