Truck pile up

I nearly had a head on with a car this morning near Spalding on the A16 when a car approaching decided to go extra wide around a push bike and came out of the fog on my side of the road, nearly papped myself, I so love my onboard camera in such instances !!!

Hope the injured pull through ok.

Far too many trucks overtaking me last night in fog flat out into the pea soup, cars were even worse, I was literally driving along expecting M5 style carnage ahead all the way back from sittingbourne to Spalding. :frowning:

Hope everyone recovers soon . And I hope someone had a front facing camera to record what happened .
I predict that within 5 years front facing cameras will be required equipment just like a Tacho.

bigvern1:

limeyphil:
i blame speed limiters.

You really are a complete douche bag. Seriously, why don’t you do one? :imp:

you havn’t got a clue mate. you see a comment, and jump in without a single thought.
speed limiters do have an element of fault in these sort of pile ups. drivers leave it to the last minute to pull out and overtake. they are not totally at fault for this.
if they didn’t have speed limiters, they would pull out a couple of lorry lengths before they reach the vehicle in front, and overtake at a decent speed.
my comment was probably thought provoking to most on this forum, but for that to happen, the forum member would need a reasonable amount of intellect.
sorry if you felt left out.

Intellect? What type of braindead [zb] idiot. Wants to overtake trucks moving at a reasonable pace in fog? All you do here is bull-crap your way through every scenario and brag about your dodgy dealings. I have more intellect in my absent right testicle, than you have in your pea sized brain. “Oh yeah, they are only doing X MPH. I can’t see but my truck is faster, I’ll overtake!” What a bell-end you really are.

beefy4605:
Hope everyone recovers soon . And I hope someone had a front facing camera to record what happened .
I predict that within 5 years front facing cameras will be required equipment just like a Tacho.

Some of us are already running them, luckily we’ve not needed ours yet, but we can see how it could really help.

I seem to remember not so long ago Rob k posting on here about people flying past him in the fog the night before and saying how crazy they were.
Certain members posted things about him being scared of a bit of fog and that he must be losing his nerve etc ,etc etc.and generally taking the ■■■■,perhaps certain people can see his point now.

bigvern1:
Intellect? What type of braindead [zb] idiot. Wants to overtake trucks moving at a reasonable pace in fog? All you do here is bull-crap your way through every scenario and brag about your dodgy dealings. I have more intellect in my absent right testicle, than you have in your pea sized brain. “Oh yeah, they are only doing X MPH. I can’t see but my truck is faster, I’ll overtake!” What a bell-end you really are.

that isn’t what i said. you’re doing it again.
stick to van driving.

Phil. You stated that going faster would have stopped this from happening. quote… “if they didn’t have speed limiters, they would pull out a couple of lorry lengths before they reach the vehicle in front, and overtake at a decent speed.”

You are a clueless ■■■■■■■■■■■■ fool. Has anyone ACTUALLY seen you driving. Or is it one of your many, many lies?
I Choose to drive vans. I’ve done more than my share of the big stuff. HA HA.

If everyone had been driving according to the conditions, it would not have happened. Simple.
Unfortunately, timed deliveries and wanting to get the job done and other pressures prevent this from happening.
I am sure there are many on here, who have driven for years without incident, this doesn`t happen by luck, it happens because you are driving properly and assume your responsibilities in a proper manner.

Poor old “Katie Jeorgina”. May need a face-lift after that.:laughing:

I was also on the A17 this morning Boston - Newark. Fog was [zb] horrendous. CC set at 37, nice and steady. Honestly couldn’t see 20 yards in front. Hit a bit of dual carriageway and 4, yes 4 artics go stonking past me on the limiter!! Every one of them got a coffee bean hand shake!

■■■■■■■ lunacy! What if a car had broken down ahead? Drives me mad!

Gotta be honest, if visibility is bad I don’t use CC. Prefer to have the wagon slow down as soon as I lift my right foot in the case of a problem. Had fog all the way from Monmouth to Derby, and boy - was Derby fun!
Hope all the drivers recover OK, and the driver of the red box has Karma catch up with 'em :imp:

bigvern1:

Lucky get! Wish i could drive a van for a couple of weeks just for a chill out!!
Dropped my wagon off at the garage on wednesday and drove a transit back to the yard for 30 minutes, it was bloody heaven!!

RobRob:
I was also on the A17 this morning Boston - Newark. Fog was [zb] horrendous. CC set at 37, nice and steady. Honestly couldn’t see 20 yards in front. Hit a bit of dual carriageway and 4, yes 4 artics go stonking past me on the limiter!! Every one of them got a coffee bean hand shake!

[zb] lunacy! What if a car had broken down ahead? Drives me mad!

Yeah, you needed to see the guy in the bulk tipper doing it in pea soup down Telegraph hill A38 on Monday, ■■■■ unbelievable!

Gembo:

bigvern1:

Lucky get! Wish i could drive a van for a couple of weeks just for a chill out!!
Dropped my wagon off at the garage on wednesday and drove a transit back to the yard for 30 minutes, it was bloody heaven!!

Wish I could drive one at the mo as well! :laughing:

RobRob:

I went across Newark way this morning to miss the M1, 35-40 was plenty fast enough in that fog, I had cars passing me just on sidelights, most lorries had sussed the conditions and drove accordingly but still had one pass me at 55mph+ with 25t of steel bar :open_mouth: , he obviously had radar fitted !

Gembo:

RobRob:
I was also on the A17 this morning Boston - Newark. Fog was forking horrendous. CC set at 37, nice and steady. Honestly couldn’t see 20 yards in front. Hit a bit of dual carriageway and 4, yes 4 artics go stonking past me on the limiter!! Every one of them got a coffee bean hand shake!

Yeah, you needed to see the guy in the bulk tipper doing it in pea soup down Telegraph hill A38 on Monday, ■■■■ unbelievable!

Seriously,what is the point in setting the c/c in the first place if it was that foggy?
Presume you were still doing 37 on d/c?

Gembo:

bigvern1:

Will swoop for a month but dont think you would last the week

Hope all make a good recovery

OTS:
This was one of our guys at cemex , ill ask tonight when i go in and see how he/she is doing

Hope they are ok

Have a look, take some photos…then get the s odding motorway open. All thats happened here by the look off it, is they`ve spent 12hrs+ trying to pin blame on someone. Checking tyre pressures?

Come on…shift it!!

As it stands no one has been killed thankfully and a few trucks have bumped into each other in fog…just like they have for donkeys years and will continue to do.

It sickens me that they`ll cause all this inconvenience to hundreds of people just so they can dish a few fines out. Nowhere else does this.

Its driving without due care and attention. 3 points and a fine for the HGV drivers involved, not a nuclear attack. Not the end of civilisation.

Its bent metal…thats all. What`s the fascination?

Try telling a copper youve been burgled or in the case of someone I know, swindled out of money....theyre not interested.

limeyphil:

bigvern1:

limeyphil:
i blame speed limiters.

You really are a complete douche bag. Seriously, why don’t you do one? :imp:

you havn’t got a clue mate. you see a comment, and jump in without a single thought.
speed limiters do have an element of fault in these sort of pile ups. drivers leave it to the last minute to pull out and overtake. they are not totally at fault for this.
if they didn’t have speed limiters, they would pull out a couple of lorry lengths before they reach the vehicle in front, and overtake at a decent speed.
my comment was probably thought provoking to most on this forum, but for that to happen, the forum member would need a reasonable amount of intellect.
sorry if you felt left out.

Well said,you are quite right,I agree.