Truck pile up

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-no … e-17380638

Hope the drivers are not too badly hurt.

“As a result of the tanker braking, it has been hit by the third vehicle and then an Eddie Stobart (lorry) has also crashed.”

Is an Eddie Stobart a different type of lorry to every other then?

Let’s all blame the car that drove off.

Hope everyone is OK, and too badly injured.

There’s no way the ‘driver of the red car’ is ever coming forwards.

I like the way that 3 of the trucks were trucks, but one was an Eddie Stobart (lorry) in the story. We could clearly see it was a Stobart truck, why point it out in the text below??

On paper, should never have happened, but we all know that sometimes we get a bit close to the truck infront, whether it be after they’ve pulled in, on hills or before we being an overtaking manouver. I blame limiters :smiling_imp:

I only read half story, didn’t realise one driver is in a serious condition, the title of this post may in that case be somewhat insensitive. I shall change it.

That was some serious fog as well last night/this morning, enough to warrant me turning the fog lights on (unlike many who have them on all the time).
just going to go put my hi-viz and safety helmet on :wink:

waynedl:
There’s no way the ‘driver of the red car’ is ever coming forwards.

True why should they :question: :question: as they know nowt :unamused: :unamused:

skids:
That was some serious fog as well last night/this morning, enough to warrant me turning the fog lights on (unlike many who have them on all the time).

I like the way that 3 of the trucks were trucks, but one was an Eddie Stobart (lorry) in the story. We could clearly see it was a Stobart truck, why point it out in the text below??

On paper, should never have happened, but we all know that sometimes we get a bit close to the truck infront, whether it be after they’ve pulled in, on hills or before we being an overtaking manouver. I blame limiters :smiling_imp:

skids:

As we all know fog lighs should only be used when less than 50meters of visibility ( according to the police )

Anyone notice the guy taking a tyre pressure reading on that trailer at 1.03■■
No doubt looking to score points against someone or other for an “un road worthy vehicle” or some other such crap :unamused:

Has to be said though, incidents such as these types are brought about by some drivers. Only on Monday i traversed Telegraph Hill near Exeter in thick fog going down the other side towards Plymouth.
For anyone that dosnt know it, its a DC on a steep gradient, Plymouth bound going down the other side has a fairly blind couple of bends. I chose to go steady down it and kept it at around 40. Then a bulk tipper trailer comes past me on the limiter! :unamused:
Brain dead ■■■■■

At one stage officers issued an appeal for drivers and passengers on the southbound carriageway to stop slowing to take pictures as it was causing congestion and risking further accidents.

This affected my mate this morning as he was taking his grandkids to school in Heatherton Village. That is near Findern and the Toyota island was blocked up due to congestion, some bloody queue is that.

waynedl:

Probablay because most of the puclic can relate to eddie stobart in a way witch they cant with Marcus transport of fortec etc also the stobart wagon is clearly visable as a stobart truck

Gembo:
Anyone notice the guy taking a tyre pressure reading on that trailer at 1.03■■
No doubt looking to score points against someone or other for an “un road worthy vehicle” or some other such crap :unamused:

Yes, if the tyres are “up”, they certainly did not contribute to this accident, let’s hope there is film of the red car or someone can remember the number.

i blame speed limiters.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=82742

Been told the cemex driver escaped with broken wrist which looking at the truck cab is very lucky…

the wording at the bottom of the picture gets me “Thick fog is thought to have played a part in the crash”
what did it do jump out and go BOO?

This was one of our guys at cemex , ill ask tonight when i go in and see how he/she is doing

limeyphil:
i blame speed limiters.

You really are a complete douche bag. Seriously, why don’t you do one? :imp:

bigvern1:

limeyphil:
i blame speed limiters.

You really are a complete douche bag. Seriously, why don’t you do one? :imp:

+1.
I spose it would have been better for all concerned if every one of those trucks was doing 70 mph rather 56 eh :unamused:
FFS…

del trotter:
“As a result of the tanker braking, it has been hit by the third vehicle and then an Eddie Stobart (lorry) has also crashed.”

Pardon■■?/

xtruckerlady:

del trotter:

Pardon■■?/

I noticed that too, i think he intended to put a “not” in there somewhere :wink: