Truck of the future - au revoir Magnum

If you’ve got a reasonably quick internet connection take a look at:
renault-trucks.com/

And then click on the IAA show section to view Renault’s new concept truck. Can’t wait to test it, but not so sure about the name.

What do you guys reckon??

That looks pretty good although like you I’m not to sure on the name. Not sure how easy it would be to get used to looking at screens above the windscreens instead of in rear view mirrors

Is it just me or do the headlights look like the rear lights on a Megane? :wink: :smiley:

Its definately YELLOW!!! dont like that step i can see that (being a renault) either breaking very easily or not working at all.

Like the built in tv/sat nav, but couldyou drive with no mirrors? and look at a tv screen to see whats behind you? that would be a very hard habit to break.

No keys to open the door, instead it seems it has thumbprint recognition, now that’s cool. :smiley: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Looks Great I think the tinted glass gives it a real edge. Not sure about the practicalites but for looks its Fantastic. Im sure i would soon Get rid of that front Spoiler on a speed hump or two. :smiley:

I can see myself at the wheel of one of those!
Very nice, time to be nice to the boss time! :laughing:

jammymutt:
Like the built in tv/sat nav, but couldyou drive with no mirrors? and look at a tv screen to see whats behind you? that would be a very hard habit to break.

Given the experience I’ve had with reversing cameras (they hardly ever work), at least with mirrors they don’t have intermittent faults which cause you to lose pictures occasionally - they’re a bit more reliable, and faults tend to be permanent and easier to fix.

Coffeeholic:
No keys to open the door, instead it seems it has thumbprint recognition, now that’s cool. :smiley: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Me thinks this could cause big problems where a large fleet is operated and they use different drivers :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I very much doubt that that would be a fleet truck Pat.

Any chance of somebody posting the picture on this thread :question:
I can’t seem to get it on my budget computer :blush: :wink:

sorry but i’m gunna have to say it looks like an oversized megane. Not sure i’d even want to have a go in it given the chance, No mirrors? hhhmmmmm avin a laff, thumbprint recognition, see that being taken away in a couple of years time when they do become fleet motors. Step… hhhhhmmmmmm no doubt it hasn’t been weight tested. Not suggesting anything by that either!..

hehe, opinion over

Remember it is only a concept vehicle and they will go overboard on the gadgets as a result and not all the features would make it into the production model. The Magnum started out as a concept vehicle did it not?

Like Neil said it’s only a concept vehicle at present. To my eyes it looks like a cross between a Magnum, a Megane car and an FH. The tinted windows look very nice, but don’t think much of the lack of curtains, although the extendable bed looks to be a good size.

Personally I wonder if any of this will see the light of day in production terms, as the future top-spec Renault will owe a lot to the next Volvo, having a common platform to reduce costs - perhaps this could be the face of both Renaults and Volvos to come??

It certainly is eye-catching, even if the name ‘Radiance’ is a little out of synch with the real world of trucking. Can’t see too many drivers happily admitting to driving a Radiance in a truckstop :laughing: :laughing:

nice looking motor, it would be interesting driving one onto the train eh craig? that bumper would be left on the platform and the step wouldnt come out, cos the trains so narrow! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: thumbprint recognition? after a tilt strip out? with dirty hands? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

JONBOY@RH:
thumbprint recognition? after a tilt strip out? with dirty hands? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Maybe it will come with a free pair of Renault gloves to solve that problem Jon. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

My iPAQ has fingerprint recognition on it and that will work even if your hands are dirty.

looks mint, in black or silver, nice. I like the camera idea and the glass roof, looks like it would be v.expensive though.

Looks crap,

then again I dont like any concept designs, car or truck :wink:

At least if you knock a branch on current trucks the arm folds back and u can stop and straighten it, usually with no harm done. How well would a camera put up with that sort of usage? and how long would it last?
Although I think its alright as a truck

Big Truck:
Any chance of somebody posting the picture on this thread :question:
I can’t seem to get it on my budget computer :blush: :wink:

Here ya go mate… I like it.

Paul.

It looks the part and according to the article in CM it stands a chance of appearing on the road.It’s got to have proper mirrors though,purely because the technology will let you down sooner or later and it would be daft to have a truck parked up because the cameras/plasma screens played up.And the same with fingerprint technology.