Truck fires & smokers

what is it with you smokers chucking lit ■■■ ends out, :imp: overtaking on the m6 lit ■■■ ends chuked out just as your halfway past a trailor, :imp: just glad i dont do hay & straw, no wonder there are so many lorrys going up in smoke, just hope next time it blows back on to your bunk

You overtaking them, or is this acomplaint at those driving left hookers?

malcn:
what is it with you smokers chucking lit ■■■ ends out, :imp: overtaking on the m6 lit ■■■ ends chuked out just as your halfway past a trailor, :imp: just glad i dont do hay & straw, no wonder there are so many lorrys going up in smoke, just hope next time it blows back on to your bunk

A very dangerous practice! Once badly burned on my legs when a trucker threw his ■■■ end out of the window as we were overtaking him in a car. It was a very hot summer and we were travelling with the passenger window open; the cigarette landed on my lap and burned through my skirt. Now I travel with the windows closed and use the air-con - it’s a lot safer.

week before last the M1south was closed due to a truck fire at J14 after getting back on the motorway at J13 folling the diversion i over took another truck n halfway past the driver chucked a lit dogend out n itbounced off my windscreen i thought what a knob as youve just seen a truck on fire

Where would you like us to put the ■■■ ends ■■

Like a discarded ■■■ will ignite a truck ? :smiley:

BradCarTransporter:

Thought you couldnt smoke in the cab anymore…

Beetie:

BradCarTransporter:

Thought you couldnt smoke in the cab anymore…

I can in my car though! :wink:

It’s always safer to chuck 'em out the window, or you could accidentally drop the burning tab onto your newspaper or into your coffee which at 56mph would be well dangerous!

smoking kills. and is illegal in a works vehicle but hey go ahead and kill yourself over a bit of nicotine. truck driving unfortunately is an unhealthy job and you guys that smoke are heading for an early grave, and possibly the sack if you are caught.

scotlad:
smoking kills. and is illegal in a works vehicle but hey go ahead and kill yourself over a bit of nicotine. truck driving unfortunately is an unhealthy job and you guys that smoke are heading for an early grave, and possibly the sack if you are caught.

You learn something new every day. Here was me thinking it was a substitute for going to the gym :unamused:

scotlad:

Grow up FFS

Dunno then?:

You might find the mont blanc tunnel fire which killed 41 people was cause by a ■■■
being thrown out of a window .

fingermissing:

Dunno then?:

You might find the mont blanc tunnel fire which killed 41 people was cause by a ■■■

fingermissing:

is this proven? what did it ignite? Anyway, back to the OP,this is unlikely to happen on the M6, :wink:

Dunno then?:

scotlad:

Grow up FFS

Yeah you should!!!

BradCarTransporter:

Ummm, in the ashtray possibly?

I had a friend who is sadly no longer with us. Used to run two artic fuel carrying road tanks.

One day his driver had something sharp fly up off the motorway and puncture the bottom of the tank causing it to leak. Ofcourse he didn’t know at the time until people started attracting his attention.
He was carrying PETROL that day.

Image some puffing billy had chucked a lit ■■■ end out that day.

He avoided getting the m/way closed by having the sense to get off it.

As I said in another thread, I saw a skip lorry flying up one of the slip roads on the m5 with smoke and flames coming from the contents of the skip, this could have easily been started from a ■■■ landing in the skip. I have been in the back of peoples cars where they have chucked the ■■■ out the front window for it to come straight back in the back window :open_mouth:

Dunno then?:

fingermissing:

Dunno then?:

fingermissing:

is this proven? what did it ignite? Anyway, back to the OP,this is unlikely to happen on the M6, :wink:

The t v show seconds from disaster done one on that fire thats what they said.
The cause of the fire is disputed. Different accounts report it to be a cigarette stub carelessly thrown at the truck, and it supposedly entered the engine induction snorkel above the cab, setting the paper air filter on fire,

bubsy06:
As I said in another thread, I saw a skip lorry flying up one of the slip roads on the m5 with smoke and flames coming from the contents of the skip, this could have easily been started from a ■■■ landing in the skip. I have been in the back of peoples cars where they have chucked the ■■■ out the front window for it to come straight back in the back window :open_mouth:

AS for the skip, this could have been kids setting the fire, as for peoples cars,you have been in too many where this has happened :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: