Truck drivers motorcycles?

We have just had a thread discussing truck drivers cars but lets face it cars are quite dull compared to a motorbike. They are great for comfort and getting you to the shops dry but unless you drive something like a supercar they are fairly boring and mundane.
Where as you can buy a second hand motorbike for less than 10 grand that will out perform any of your so called fast cars and it is far more fun going round the bends.
A bike that costs so little can accelerate faster from 100mph to 160mph quicker than your “fast” car can go from 0 to 60mph.

So what bikes do truck drivers ride?

I’ve had many over the years
Last was a blackbird and a trackday vtr
I’ve gave up road riding now due to not being able to behave .

no plastic-fantastics for me.i ride an old Harley 1000cc Ironhead,and on the road for next year,AJS twin with box sidecar :sunglasses:

My little rattler…[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Behavioral problems, plus aging stiff joints, led to the disposal of my VFR a while ago. The VX800 is still a project, but there is now a Pan European sat in the garage. The Pan eats up the miles quite quickly enough, without begging to be thrown around, and even an old ■■■■ like me get off and walk around after a few hours in the saddle.
:smiley: In fact if you had a race with a reverse Le Mans start (ride A to B, then get off and run for a few metres) I reckon the Pan would win. I may arrive after the sports bikes, but I`d be strolling to the finish line while the sports riders are still trying to stand up!

Had loads of bikes in the 17 years I’ve had my bike licence.
I’m a sports bike fan.
My current steed…

I have had a couple of V2 Suzuki’s recently but stiff joints and a survival instinct led me to having a Batavus moped and an old Kawasaki GPZ, comfortable but steady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice bike Lloydy. I had a VTR SP1 many years ago. Lovely engine same as yours I believe.

truckertang:
My little rattler…[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

That’s nicely done mate :sunglasses:

Dr Damon:
Nice bike Lloydy. I had a VTR SP1 many years ago. Lovely engine same as yours I believe.

Nearly the same just down on power :frowning:.
I rode a sp2 once on the road and hated it but on the track WOW monster and I’ll be getting a sp2 next just for track days or a RSVR
Much prefer the twins over il4s even tho when I took the blackbird on track for giggles it held its own in the inters well and shocked many with how fast it went until the braking point (needed better brakes)

Lloydie:

Dr Damon:

I rode a sp2 once on the road and hated it but on the track WOW monster and I’ll be getting a sp2 next just for track days or a RSVR
Much prefer the twins over il4s even tho when I took the blackbird on track for giggles it held its own in the inters well and shocked many with how fast it went until the braking point (needed better brakes)

I’m on the longest bike I’ve ever owned. A 1998 VTR1000F. Owned since 2006. I bought it from a dealer pretty much immaculate with new tyres,new mot,new battery £2000.
My first V twin and what a cracking bike. They’re cheap cos no one wants them due to the small fuel tank and two 48mm carbs guzzling away. If you can live with that,which I can,they’re a fantastic buy. Especially two-up with the low down torque.
Ok it’s a poor man’s SP1 or 916,but you wouldn’t have got an 8 yr old one for two grand :smiley:

Nobby_Clarke:

Lloydie:

Dr Damon:

I’m on the longest bike I’ve ever owned. A 1998 VTR1000F. Owned since 2006. I bought it from a dealer pretty much immaculate with new tyres,new mot,new battery £2000.
My first V twin and what a cracking bike. They’re cheap cos no one wants them due to the small fuel tank and two 48mm carbs guzzling away. If you can live with that,which I can,they’re a fantastic buy. Especially two-up with the low down torque.
Ok it’s a poor man’s SP1 or 916,but you wouldn’t have got an 8 yr old one for two grand :smiley:

I love the firestorm and had 4 .
Just sort the ccts and they are bullet proof .
Lost count of how many I’ve had in my garage with bent valves over the years due to the standard Honda cct letting go .

Lloydie:

Nobby_Clarke:

Lloydie:

Dr Damon:

Lost count of how many I’ve had in my garage with bent valves over the years due to the standard Honda cct letting go .

Mine had the cam chain tensioners already done too. If I found one local I’d buy a later one like a shot,with the larger fuel tank and fuel gauge,but there’s not many about.

I’ve always owned a motorcycle but recent events have meant I haven’t had time to ride.
However having done numerous European trips in the past I’m in the planning stages of shipping a bike out to the USA next year around the end of May for 4-6 weeks riding coast to coast along some of the more famous scenic routes. One of the few benefits of limping is not being constrained to two weeks off work and being able to allocate more time to trips like this

CR250 for me, 2 stroke goodness :sunglasses:

Nobby_Clarke:

Lloydie:

Nobby_Clarke:

Lloydie:

Dr Damon:

Mine had the cam chain tensioners already done too. If I found one local I’d buy a later one like a shot,with the larger fuel tank and fuel gauge,but there’s not many about.

you can fit the 19l tank to and early one but it’s a lot to faff with .

maga:
CR250 for me, 2 stroke goodness :sunglasses:

KX125 and KX250. There’s not many of us smoker fans left mate :unamused:

Not ridden on the road since I realised that I’m irresponsible and that I actually wanted to keep my licence so I started racing and trackday instructing…

IMG_0295.JPG

IMG_0293.JPG

IMG_0289.JPG

IMG_0283.JPG

IMG_0256.JPG

IMG_0247.JPG

IMG_0245.JPG

Honda VFR800 V-Tec for me. Just been out on it :smiley:

640_480.jpg