TRG Logistics

Anyone else had dealings with TRG before? Trying to find out if I’m just having some bad luck or are they just like all the rest of the agencies?

I’d be deeply suspicious of working for any agency that was an anagram of my user name. :wink:

If we’re talking “The Recruit Group” here, then you’ll be paying around £27 per payslip for work.
Refuse to sign up to umbrella as I did, and you’ll get none of course. :angry:

If you do decide that £27 is a fair price to pay, then by all means they’ll throw 40 hours at you a week across 5 days, mostly 6am starts - at least this is the availability of work at the Thurrock outlet. Dunno about other parts of the country.

Of course, “40 hours per week right now” would be a cushy deal, but like other agencies, there’s bugger all to be had in January, so in that regard yes - they’re like the rest. :frowning:

Hadn’t thought about the anagram! Started with them in December as the work was “guaranteed ongoing”! Surprise surprise they now have no work! Rang them today to discuss this and the fact they are still advertising the job and I am still waiting to see what wonderful excuse they come up with!

“Guaranteed ongoing” for Advent. Gone by Epiphany.

Most people can get work much better calibre during advent, being the runup to Christmas that it is.
No need to pay £27 a pop to get the weekend shifts I want that’s for sure. I got the odd call from other agencies, but of course I’m already booked out when they attempt to book me too late in the day. :grimacing:
Midweek rates are not worth the commute, so no need to chase high-overhead low-pay shifts. :sunglasses:

For January, I’ll have to settle for puddle jumper work though, which as long as it’s local, will keep me ticking over. :neutral_face:

Hi all,

Bess writing from trg Logistics here, hope you are all well. Apologies as I know this thread is a little old! I just wanted to clarify that we do not take an admin fee for processing pay if drivers work directly under our pay scheme, however if you sign up to work with us through an umbrella (which is an option), the umbrella company may require a fee.

To address your other concerns around work available, as we’re all familiar there are fluctuations depending on the time of year and current volumes of demand and we strive to match up our drivers’ schedules to work available as much as possible.

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks all and have a great day,
Bess

I think Bess, that you need to reword your ad as “Guaranteed ongoing” as it’s a bit misleading.

Yes sure that was in December, and we all know that agencies can’t get enough guys through the door in the run up to Christmas, and thereafter it’s very hit and miss.

I’ve just taken the liberty of copying a section of your ad from the .Gov website:

TRG Logistics

HGV1/LGV C+E/Class 1 Drivers

Job description

We are currently looking for a number of full time experienced HGV1/C+E/CLASS 1 drivers at our brand new site in Crayford. We are looking for Day drivers and some Trunk runs are also available! Work is clean and working for a very large Blue Chip organisation.

We pride ourselves on the high calibre and proffesionalism of our current driving workforce. If this sounds like you then we want to hear from you ASAP!! Excellent rates of pay & Shifts available 7 days a week!!

If you have shifts available 7 days a week, then why not have some guys working their max if they want it.

Oh, and by the way, this is likely to get removed by the mods as advertising:

besstrg:
We would welcome you to get in touch with our recruitment team if you have any other queries on trg or would like to enquire for work in your area on 0208 971 1900 / freephone 0800 6 340 340.

Ken.

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your reply and the issue with my post, I have amended it accordingly - apologies to the mods.

With regards to that particular ad, it is accurate to say that we have work throughout the week in that area at this time, however I can appreciate that this can be construed as misleading. I will be raising your comment with our recruitment team to see how we can improve it to avoid implying any inaccuracies with any of our vacancies. Many thanks for your feedback.

All the best,
Bess

besstrg:
Hi all,

Bess writing from trg Logistics here, hope you are all well. Apologies as I know this thread is a little old! I just wanted to clarify that we do not take an admin fee for processing pay if drivers work directly under our pay scheme, however if you sign up to work with us through an umbrella (which is an option), the umbrella company may require a fee.

To address your other concerns around work available, as we’re all familiar there are fluctuations depending on the time of year and current volumes of demand and we strive to match up our drivers’ schedules to work available as much as possible.

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks all and have a great day,
Bess

There’s no “may” about it. It does require a fee. I signed up over a year ago, and refused to join Umbrella. I’ve never been offered so much as a single shift, not even at the “loadsawork available” tescos thurrock that is the main client there. so my accusation stands. TRG is an accountancy firm that makes money by selling shifts to people. Refuse to pay, and you don’t get work which I learned from my own experience, as opposed to third-party hearsay.
What other possible excuse can there be for someone available nights & weekends with over 20 years experience and a clean licence NOT getting even offerred a single shift in the space of the last year?

Hi Winseer,

I am sorry to hear you’ve been experiencing difficulties and quite concerned as that is not how we intend to operate as a business. If you are comfortable with doing so, I would welcome more details of these issues in a private message, or if you like I can send you my email address and you can send them to me directly at trg. I’d like to find a way to help, if I can.

All the best,
Bess

i contacted trg about work in donny exactly the same as the ad above,bloke who answered the phone did nothing but take the ■■■■ over the fact that i find it hard to pronounce my surname ,wont be working for you then will i. another company failed thier interview

While people may have issues with TRG or any other company, TRG is at least on here and joining in the discussion, - can I request that members remember the rules and keep the conversation polite and civil.( those that were not have already been removed) Those with genuine grievances I note are being asked to contact TRG to see if they can resolve them, I also note that TRG will be looking at the wording in their ads - surely both a a start and more than most other companies are doing. It will be interesting to see what changes do come out of this discussion, however if abusive comments continue to be posted i have no doubt TRG will simply stop interacting here, and the opportunity to have an open discussion will be lost

Thanks Rikki, I would also like to extend my earlier comment to all - anyone is welcome to send me a private message or I will message them my email address if they would like to share any issues or problems they’ve experienced with us. We are always trying to improve how we operate and work with our drivers, so any feedback is greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Bess

Rikki-UK:
While people may have issues with TRG or any other compnay, TRG is at least on here and joining in the discussion, - can I request that members remember the rules and keep the conversation polite and civil.( those that were not have already been removed) Those with genuine grievances I note are being asked to contact TRG to see if they can resolve them, I also note that TRG will be looking at the wording in their ads - surely both a a start and more than most other companies are doing. It will be interesting to see what changes do come out of this discussion, however if abusive comments continue to be posted i have no doubt TRG will simply stop interacting here, and the opportunity to have an open discussion will be lost

You’re ‘avin’ a bubble shoorly? :unamused: You’re not a driver anymore lad just another “businessman on the make”…by drivers for drivers? The concensus amongst drivers regarding agencies is they are the lowest of the low. Not to be trusted. Liars. Cheats. I could go on but when someone from an agency is flapping their lips I tend to switch off. Agencies have earned our scorn and abuse over the years…

I could go on but when someone is incapable of being civil I tend to switch off. Trolls have earned our scorn over the years…

Fixed that for you :grimacing:
If you cant join in a discussion, and find a one line post telling people to “go forth and mulitply” your only constructive input, acceptable, like the one I deleted of yours earlier, we can help you by checking to see if your posts are constructive before they appear publicly, just another free service we offer. :wink:

This board is for discussion not simply throwing abuse. If thats not acceptable to you, go elsewhere. Trust me, highly valuable comments like the one deleted will not be missed.

Rikki why are you defending a agencey who are here purely for free adverisment.he hasnt addressed and claim that i can see,just tip toed around them

nearly there:
Rikki why are you defending a agencey who are here purely for free adverisment.he hasnt addressed and claim that i can see,just tip toed around them

Because all people using the board, whoever they are, are expected to abide by the rules (they edited out their advert even before I saw it - and apologised.) and rules about not being abusive to to other members applies for members who work for agencies as much as anyone else.

Now TRG are here (for now) if you want to get over to agencies just what they are doing wrong in your view , you have an opportunity, as long as it is done in a civil manner.

there is nothing wrong with disliking the agency business model, the way some advertise misleadingly, and the way some offer non existant work just to get names on the books. in fact discussion of such issues direct with agencies is very much welcomed on here as it may lead to some agencies seeing why drivers are unwilling to have anything to do with them. Being abusive is not discussion !!! and will only lead to that discussion be curtailed as unconstructive and it will peter out, and the opportunity to educate some agencies will be lost. simply because some members cannot post in a civil and reasoned way.

So I am not defending the agency, I am implementing this forums rules as they stand for all members, and trying to ensure that members here take this opportunity to air their greiviences against the way some agencies operate.

Currently being advertised on the jobcentre website for the Manchester area. Doesn’t say that they are an employment agency which is against Employment regulation

TRG Logistics

HGV CLASS I Container Drivers

Job description

URGENT REQUIREMENT FOR HGV1 CONTAINER DRIVERS £9.50 - £12.50 PER HOUR. Our client, a leader in their field, have an urgent need for 5 Class 1 container drivers for ongoing work in the Trafford Park area. Days Nights Weekends available. You will need regular and recent experience of container work and driving Class 1 vehicles in the UK. A maximum of six points on your licence with no IN10s or DR10s. A Digital Tacho Card Digicard is essential. Call TRG on 0161 358 0481 for interview and immediate start.

besstrg:
Hi Winseer,

I am sorry to hear you’ve been experiencing difficulties and quite concerned as that is not how we intend to operate as a business. If you are comfortable with doing so, I would welcome more details of these issues in a private message, or if you like I can send you my email address and you can send them to me directly at trg. I’d like to find a way to help, if I can.

All the best,
Bess

I’m not experiencing difficulties - I merely ran into a proverbial Brick Wall with this firm over a year ago now. I promised myself I won’t make the same mistake again of wasting an entire afternoon of my time attending the sign-up process only to find out that the shifts that I wanted to work on a regular basis are in fact NOT available, at least not at the higher premium rates touted. As I’m still a sign-up and have yet to be removed from TRG’s books by receiving a P45 (one with £0.00 on it even!) then there’s nothing stopping the firm that’s apparently awash with work phoning me and offering me work at any time. My user name and phone number is even in the filled out material left at my Aveley Seminar-made application.

I shall not be holding my breath and entering into anything PM wise whilst the company are able to contact me any time they wish - assuming anyone bothered to read the material I left. Since I’d no doubt have to re-attend after all this time, I shall not be bothering without a decent block of work being available as a booking then and there as well. I have cost overheads to consider after all, since without Umbrella, I am not going to be getting any mileage, and I don’t have a reputation for wasting money on wild goose chases either.

Blotting one’s copy book with me has the tendency to make me insist upon them running uphill for my favour come the future what may. :smiling_imp:

If any advice from me is required regarding the business model, then I’d have to suggest that perhaps large agencies should consider becoming more like 60’s labour exchanges for the purpose of dishing the work out. You turn up, there are 163 shifts to fill for the week next, you pick one up, and get an appointment then and there, perhaps after a couple of introductory phone calls. NOT “recruit 1630 drivers in case 9 out of 10 of them say “NO” when we offer shifts at below par hourly rates” which I suspect is the system operated explaining why there’s always a excessively large pool of “available drivers”.
If there’s 163 shifts at the peak of the year per week, then you need a max 164 drivers. We’re professionals. Give us all a chance to be so. :imp:

Winseer:
I’m not experiencing difficulties - I merely ran into a proverbial Brick Wall with this firm over a year ago now. I promised myself I won’t make the same mistake again of wasting an entire afternoon of my time attending the sign-up process only to find out that the shifts that I wanted to work on a regular basis are in fact NOT available, at least not at the higher premium rates touted. As I’m still a sign-up and have yet to be removed from TRG’s books by receiving a P45 (one with £0.00 on it even!) then there’s nothing stopping the firm that’s apparently awash with work phoning me and offering me work at any time. My user name and phone number is even in the filled out material left at my Aveley Seminar-made application.

I shall not be holding my breath and entering into anything PM wise whilst the company are able to contact me any time they wish - assuming anyone bothered to read the material I left. Since I’d no doubt have to re-attend after all this time, I shall not be bothering without a decent block of work being available as a booking then and there as well. I have cost overheads to consider after all, since without Umbrella, I am not going to be getting any mileage, and I don’t have a reputation for wasting money on wild goose chases either.

Blotting one’s copy book with me has the tendency to make me insist upon them running uphill for my favour come the future what may. :smiling_imp:

If any advice from me is required regarding the business model, then I’d have to suggest that perhaps large agencies should consider becoming more like 60’s labour exchanges for the purpose of dishing the work out. You turn up, there are 163 shifts to fill for the week next, you pick one up, and get an appointment then and there, perhaps after a couple of introductory phone calls. NOT “recruit 1630 drivers in case 9 out of 10 of them say “NO” when we offer shifts at below par hourly rates” which I suspect is the system operated explaining why there’s always a excessively large pool of “available drivers”.
If there’s 163 shifts at the peak of the year per week, then you need a max 164 drivers. We’re professionals. Give us all a chance to be so. :imp:

And this folks is how you make a point, without being abusive.- the only thing i would say is that while the agency may have your details Winseer

,whilst the company are able to contact me any time they wish - assuming anyone bothered to read the material I left

how do they connect your username on here with the forms you filled in? :wink: