Transline Group

Seen a position advertised by Transline on Friday. Phoned them & they took my details.
they said an agent will phone you back, no phone call on Friday phoned this morning to
Enquire what’s happening told please allow 5 YES 5 working days for a call back
Anyone had dealings with them cheers

Yes.
I signed up with them and had an assesement, unpaid.
I had a driving test, unpaid.
I then waited for the phone to ring. I grew a beard in the meantime. They rang me 10 months later to ask if I was available. I told them to do one.
Fair enough I should have asked more questions about being paid on assesements, my fault. I’d starve before working for them.

Not the best of agencies I once had one of their staff breakdown on the phone one evening. Said she can’t cope with the pressure. Told her I wasnt interested and she started screaming at me. CRANK.

They deal with Argos class 1 in my area.

I did an assessment with them at Samworth brothers in Leicester as their based in there at the moment, told my normal agency I wasn’t available for a few days as I thought id try them and Samworth brothers out as it was good money. Never heard from them again despite commiting to 4 days for them. Maybe it was because I told them what days and start windows I was prepared to do rather than let them dictate to me. Never had that problem at any other agency but who knows, either way id rather eat my own vomit than do any work for them again.

They also used to be in Argos at Magna park Lutterworth but aren’t any more so not sure what happened there.

Did Argos out of Castleford for them several years ago. Not reliable and only got a phone call when it suited them. All agencies promise the world but nearly always fail to come up with what there adverts say. Unless your prepared to be at there beck and call whenever they need you l’d give it a wide berth.

LASHHGV:
Not the best of agencies I once had one of their staff breakdown on the phone one evening. Said she can’t cope with the pressure. Told her I was interested and she started screaming at me. CRANK.

:smiley: :open_mouth:

E mailed them to ask really 5 days to return a phonecall funnily enough they didn’t reply after reading replys I think I will give them a miss cheers

Wouldie:
Did Argos out of Castleford for them several years ago. Not reliable and only got a phone call when it suited them. All agencies promise the world but nearly always fail to come up with what there adverts say. Unless your prepared to be at there beck and call whenever they need you l’d give it a wide berth.

That’s what I went for, i wasn’t too unhappy though because trailers are sealed and driver has no sight of contents. So if a DD trailer was loaded with the top deck full and nothing on the bottom you weren’t allowed to check. My protests fell on deaf ears.

I think they are part of Wincanton, I did 9 yrs argos on Agency then when they came we all got kicked out and the rates went down.
Dont do argos at all now, nicer cause i now drive bigger and better trucks. Oooooh a Scania V8 in argos colors no must be dreaming. :exclamation:

Hi mjallby

Just wondered how you got on with Transline for Samworth Brothers Leicester? I recruit for them for warehouse jobs at Argos, magna park and they used to be really good. I am now going through process as newby training to do my class 2 and then class1 later and reading these posts I am dubious about them…let me know if you heard back etc??

cheers

space1999:
Hi mjallby

Just wondered how you got on with Transline for Samworth Brothers Leicester? I recruit for them for warehouse jobs at Argos, magna park and they used to be really good. I am now going through process as newby training to do my class 2 and then class1 later and reading these posts I am dubious about them…let me know if you heard back etc??

cheers

Hello space1999. Do you prefer Season 1 or Season 2■■?

space1999:
Hi mjallby

cheers

A shambles, after chasing them for over a week,sent email to main office explaining my concerns ,still to hear back. I’m not holding my breath. I would avoid

Anybody who attends unpaid assessments or inductions wants their head looing at. It is the agencies way of winning contracts and all you get are lies like " think of all the work you will get once you have been assessed" then it never materialises.

I get paid for all my assessments simply because I refuse to turn up free of charge, oh, and its 8 hours pay too regardless of the assessment being less.

I have had no problems with them. Spot on out fit

Do they still have an office in Wincanton Sainsbury’s at Swan Valley?? (Northampton). I cannot overstress how much that place is to be avoided!!!

I can say with 100% accuracy that the Halifax branch used to be a place to avoid like the plague. If Malcolm Harrison is still there then I would say nothing has changed. He is the leading expert at lying through his back teeth basically every time his lips move.

He could sue me for libel but you can only do that if the statement being made is not true and I’ll bet there are hundreds out there willing to back my claims.

■■■■■■00:
I have had no problems with them. Spot on out fit

I bet you are a new driver on for them aren’t you? Once you get your 12 weeks in, you will be mysteriously dropped without a word or warning.
Good luck with em!

mick.mh2racing:
Yes.
I signed up with them and had an assesement, unpaid.
I had a driving test, unpaid.
I then waited for the phone to ring. I grew a beard in the meantime. They rang me 10 months later to ask if I was available. I told them to do one.
Fair enough I should have asked more questions about being paid on assesements, my fault. I’d starve before working for them.

It’s a while ago for you now but I’m just learning all about Translies whoops, Transline I mean. Done 12 weeks on ■■■■ money got the odd shift on the better money and now I haven’t heard anything for the last few weeks. It’s good job my Mrs is earning something.

Been in touch with the manchester branch this week, say they have a temp to perm contract at k&n
10 weeks on for transline then over into k&n contract

Anybody experience of this?