Transervice - UK needs Polish drivers!

ITV Europe in or out

itv.com/news/2016-04-28/that … migration/

If you have not watched it then do.

Is this guy for real ? He states the UK needs Polish HGV drivers ? WTF! Correct me but wasn’t the industry up in arms over rate cutting, and EU workers willing to do the job for less? He states that the UK Haulage industry will suffer if we leave the EU as they will not be able to recruit drivers!!!

By that I think he means drivers that work for peanuts.

This company is a joke. Who on here works for them ?

I know of some company’s who won’t employ anyone who can’t communicate by the English language fully. None of the broken English but fully understandable English.

Only firms that pay cap wages and treat there staff badly struggle to recruit staff

I’ve let them know my views on there facebook page

It would be interesting to see how the unions and the ‘labour’ party would be able to make this idea fit their script of the EU supposedly being good for British workers. :unamused:

Can a firm ask an agency the ethnic origin of the candidate? :open_mouth:
If not, the firm gets what it gets at agency rates…

routier:

And yes!

Where does the “shortfall of 40,000 drivers” in the UK come from? Anyone know please?

I thought it came from figures once released showing how many British born drivers were fast approaching retirement age.

Twoninety88:
I thought it came from figures once released showing how many British born drivers were fast approaching retirement age.

In which case there’s no need for the ‘experience’ issue new drivers are always welcome regardless of sector and any job filled by immigrant labour has to remain advertised and given to any suitable/qualified indigenous worker who applies for it. :bulb:

Twoninety88:

Thanks for reply. Not a figure for current job vacancies then, obviously.

Franglais:

Twoninety88:

Thanks for reply. Not a figure for current job vacancies then, obviously.

If it’s a case of filling job vacancies that we don’t have the labour force to do why do we need to be in the EU.When being out of it would still allow employers to employ immigrant labour ‘if’ it can be shown that we don’t have the workers here to do it.In which case why do they specifically need to be ‘Polish’ or East European and we’d obviously apply much stricter conditions regarding the definition of ‘don’t have the workers here to do it’.As I said such as the job has to remain adverstised and new drivers without experience welcome in all cases.

routier:
ITV Europe in or out

itv.com/news/2016-04-28/that … migration/

If you have not watched it then do.

Is this guy for real ? He states the UK needs Polish HGV drivers ? WTF! Correct me but wasn’t the industry up in arms over rate cutting, and EU workers willing to do the job for less? He states that the UK Haulage industry will suffer if we leave the EU as they will not be able to recruit drivers!!!

This company is a joke. Who on here works for them ?

That company is located about a mile from where I live.It’s only a piddling little outfit :unamused:
I applied for a job there about 6/7 years ago…heard nothing.
Then 6 months later,got a phone call asking if I was still interested…you can guess my reply :wink:

Of course I am, have been sitting by the phone since I sent in my application form ! :laughing:

They may be asking for Polish drivers to do a specific routes ie uk-poland return. If they really were doing this to pay the drivers as little as possible why not ask for Bulgarian or Hungarian drivers? They probably want european experience,with the UK being only a small island many UK drivers lack this long haul experience.
Company i sub for in Malaga have three Brit drivers and others working for them direct. Theres certainly no animosity here ref nationality…only in the UK… :unamused:

AndrewG:
They may be asking for Polish drivers to do a specific routes ie uk-poland return. They probably want european experience,with the UK being only a small island many UK drivers lack this long haul experience.

If that’s really the case how did these supposedly ‘experienced’ european drivers get their european ‘experience’ to start with.IE they had to start somewhere like everyone else so why can’t Brit drivers be given the same type of start opportunity instead of British jobs going to foreign workers ?.

Franglais:
Where does the “shortfall of 40,000 drivers” in the UK come from? Anyone know please?

Over 3 Million UK unemployed.

Only tin pot firms like his wont survive without migrant labour. If you can’t afford to pay drivers a decent wage, you aren’t charging enough. If you can’t charge enough for your services, pack it in, because if your margins are that tight, you’re only a bridge strike away from bankruptcy anyway :imp:

He’s clearly panicking because he’s one of the many businessmen who profit from cheap, Eastern-European labour. If we’re out of the EU, he may just have to fork-out a bit more for British drivers. He doesn’t want to do that, so now immigrants are “vital to the economy.” Vital to maintaining the size of his wallet more like!

He’s probably stretched his budget that tight, charging as little as he can, so now he can’t afford paying anything more than minimum wage to his drivers.

I know a few companies who use primarily Polish drivers, paying minimum wage, and they would be up a certain creek without a certain paddle if it became difficult to employ them.

If an Eastern-European driver goes for a job interview, when they ask about experience, he can lie like hell, because nobody in the right mind is going to chase-up a reference from a dodgy-looking firm in Warsaw:

Transport Manager: “What was you’re previous salary at CrapTrans in Poznan?”
Polish Driver: “Around £300.”
Transport Manager: “Per week?”
Polish Driver: “No, per month!”
Transport Manager: “You can start tomorrow, how does £7.20 per hour sound?”
Polish Driver: Thankyou much, I work extra hard for you now, you good boss!

Rottweiler22:
If an Eastern-European driver goes for a job interview, when they ask about experience, he can lie like hell, because nobody in the right mind is going to chase-up a reference from a dodgy-looking firm in Warsaw:

^ This.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-e … m-36252295

Carryfast:

Rottweiler22:

^ This.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-e … m-36252295

Yet this vile and very sick man was telling the UK’s unemployed that they could compete with this level of migration for jobs, when he was tory minister for DWP
He cares for no one other than himself , And he will be back in the tory party after the referendum bo doubt

They are all liars and British politics is very corrupt, time we got rid of them all and started again a clean slate