Tramping newbie

Dont forget you can download from iplayer and (if you have a subscription) sky go as well. I download everything at the weekend on home wifi, then watch when away.

nobby003:
internet access for me laptop-whats the best to get out of everybodys experience on here if i cant find no wi fi ?

3 has the widest 3g coverage in the UK and also the best speeds. Cheap as chips too.

I’d also get a USB digital TV dongle and a portable antenna. Any portable TV antenna will do, there’s nothing special about digital TV over analogue.

happysack:
a torch, because its s legal requirement.
a magnet, so that if you run out of time you can still make a dogging hotspot
and a blackboard rubber, do that you can get rid of the chalk marks which get put round you on a bay at RDCs.

You forgot the toolbox and a full set of spares so you can do a major service whilst you’re parked up.

really usefull and gert thanks but whats the inverter for if you will excuse my ignorance please

nobby003:
really usefull and gert thanks but whats the inverter for if you will excuse my ignorance please

Plug it into 12v or 24v socket. It gives you mains voltage with a nice handy mains plug so you can plug in your laptop charger.

Conor:

nobby003:

Plug it into 12v or 24v socket. It gives you mains voltage with a nice handy mains plug so you can plug in your laptop charger.

Just dont plug a kettle into it, or anything high power!

will it go bang?

a sense of humor , you will need it when traffic office tells you to go forth all over the country :smiley:

Conor:
I’d also get a USB digital TV dongle and a portable antenna. Any portable TV antenna will do, there’s nothing special about digital TV over analogue.

Personally, on the odd nights out I do, I’m grateful for not having the telly.

Stan

I spent a fortune on a tv/dvd combo and an all singing all dancing aeriel and now i hardly switch the ■■■■ thing on.

I’ve a Kindle loaded with a heap of books and I watch a film or two on the laptop. Stove, kettle, clean clothes, wash kit, bedding and a sense of being happy by yourself. I do 4-5 nights away every week and I love my own company but it make my family time very special at the weekends.

Ear plugs for noisy lay by`s,nick them from factories.A bike that can go in the trailer or take the wheels off to fit in the cab.

nobby003:
internet access for me laptop-whats the best to get out of everybodys experience on here if i cant find no wi fi ?

Decent phone contract with included internet (pref unlimited or as close as you can get, very least unlimited browsing with ■■■ meg d/loads) and a phone that can make a mobile AP.

I use an Android phone, make a mobile AP, connect my laptop to it via wifi and bobs ya uncle in 90% of the places I’ve tried.

Battery jump start cables,you never know.Check the levels in the batteries too.

If get jumped,be sure to turn all the electrics on in the cab,=radio,head lights,and so on,the tacho can get damaged,or other faults develop.

Cheers for all the advice people-so i can connect my android phone to my laptop to use the phone as a modem??

Find a Spearmint Rhino lap top dancing club,have a peep at some danny fanny.

dont forget in a layby at 3am on a winters morning to be doing your daily checks under the trailer with a torch.

ebay.co.uk/itm/12v-DC-220v-A … 3eb3c83#ht

Would this invertor work for charging me laptop-camera basically all mains powered things i may want to use-cheers people

nobby003:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12v-DC-220v-AC-100w-Car-Power-Invertor-Adapter-USB-5v-Charging-Port-/390370901123?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5ae3eb3c83#ht

Would this invertor work for charging me laptop-camera basically all mains powered things i may want to use-cheers people

I would get a bigger 1 personally. I use a 150 watt invertor and that gets hot when I charge the laptop so a 100 watt 1 like this may struggle.

A hammer and screwdriver for murdering prostitutes with.