Tramping and Staying Fit

Does anyone exercise where you on a night out if so what do you do

Knock out a few ferocious ones when you have some time to kill, you will see the results in a few weeks.

bjd:
Does anyone exercise where you on a night out if so what do you do

Pushing from floor and exercise plank

When on the bay,

Keep walking up and down the trailer, poking your head round the buffer to see if your tipped, soon do a mile, by walking up and down, or keep walking to goods in window asking"how long"

I park on estates laybye etc. (Comapny to tight fisted to pay) .and I usuall go for a good walk jog around the estate for about half an hour. Gets me some exercise. Plus get a me out the cab change of scenery and some fresh air.

Tramp for a company that only does handballing. Robert

edd1974:
I park on estates laybye etc. (Comapny to tight fisted to pay) .and I usuall go for a good walk jog around the estate for about half an hour. Gets me some exercise. Plus get a me out the cab change of scenery and some fresh air.

All good fun until you get back to your wagon to see John & his mates from Widnes have done you over.

My daughter gave to me a book on tai chi (spelling?) I tried it out a dew times when nightouting. Its a rather strange oriental (martial?) art comprising carrying stacks of imaginary boxes. It is ideal for more mature folk. Other drivers gave me a wide berth in the canteen. Must have thought I was a ninja.

When parked up I lift weights. It’s approximately 0.5Kilo per glass so every little counts. Note; its vitally important to keep the glass filled regularly for maximum benefit.

Try getting a job where you have to chain the load up you soon get fit

blue estate:
Try getting a job where you have to chain the load up you soon get fit

Lidl or Aldi.

Get a walking floor with a manual sheet, and as many loads as you can, soon get the weight off!

Yep I have some weights in the cab as well as resistance bands foam roller also 1 for my feet I also do sit up in cab as well as other

Plenty you can do just have to think outside the box a bit

If on facebook look up the group truckers who run loads of stuff on there

Or download the app Couch to 5k fitness

30day fitness
There sre wuite a few also small changes to how you eat

Park as far away from services as you can walk briskly

animal:
Yep I have some weights in the cab as well as resistance bands foam roller also 1 for my feet I also do sit up in cab as well as other

Plenty you can do just have to think outside the box a bit

If on facebook look up the group truckers who run loads of stuff on there

Agreed. And also move outside the little tin box. :smiley:

Usually go for a walk if possible , since i got an auto sheet for my trailer my excercise has gone down hill… also got a 16kg kettlebell for doing a lil workout on a break… it does help.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

There is a Facebook group called Truckers who Run.

It’s not just runners (as name would suggest). It’s really good , loads of information. Information on routes to go running and locations of gyms. People of all different levels of fitness.

No shop/diesel talk.

I’ve met up with some people from it. Went for a run then had a beer afterwards.

We have just started our June group challenge which involves us doing enough miles to cover half way round the world.

Give it a look.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I’ve got a membership with a national gym chain,can use any of their gyms 24/7 for £20 a month so if there’s one nearby to where I’m parked of an evening I go there.They’ve all got good shower facilities,and there’s usually a decent food outlet and a pub nearby,so all bases are covered

There ste pay as you ho gyms not used any of them but people have

sinclair89:
There is a Facebook group called Truckers who Run.

It’s not just runners (as name would suggest). It’s really good , loads of information. Information on routes to go running and locations of gyms. People of all different levels of fitness.

No shop/diesel talk.

I’ve met up with some people from it. Went for a run then had a beer afterwards.

We have just started our June group challenge which involves us doing enough miles to cover half way round the world.

Give it a look.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yep june challenge under way there was a may challenge which was a sucess

Agree loads of help & info on there from exersies to food prep not boring st all