Trampers - Whats your choice of best truck to live in?

m4rky:

gb1:
As i’m now on my 95th successive night-out this year, I can definitely recommend the DAF XF105 SSC!

Whys that gb1 what makes it so good :slight_smile:

If you can live in a truck for that long without going mental, it’s got to be good!
Seriously though, it’s got plenty of space, plenty of storage, decent sized one-piece bunks, and I
particularly like the array of interior lighting.
The trim is easy on the eye, as well as being durable, and the surfaces are easy to keep clean.
Ok, I have a few added extras, such as air-con, inverter; tv, but it’s still a comfortable place to work and rest
regardless.

I quite like my stralis it’s a shame the build quality is crap

russell2587:
I quite like my stralis it’s a shame the build quality is crap

Told you they werent that bad when I had mine! :smiley:
This gxl I’ve got is good but somehow still miss the space of my stralis…

gb1:
As i’m now on my 95th successive night-out this year, I can definitely recommend the DAF XF105 SSC!

agreed, I’ve only ever done six days in one but it’s great for living in, if the second bunk was replaced with cupboards, it’d be perfect. If they were as reliable as a scania, I’d sell my R and buy a 105.510 tomorrow.

Things Ive found not good with Scanias R series are poor lighting on low spec and low roof models,
Lack of cupboard space, not much flat surface for preparing meals and watchin tv etc.
Would love a tour of the Daf xf , Ive heard lots of good things about them.

Sat right now in a brand new scania only 45km when I got it Friday thank god it’s going back Friday when I get back ok it’s not the topline the bunk,interior lights,mirrors and seats are useless roll on Friday ps don’t get me started on the silly fuel tanks and why a clutch with an autobox? Rant over years ago my old Renault magnum was brill with the hand brake on !!

ok I’m only a lowly class 2 driver but I spent a while tramping around the uk in a FM13, loades of space, built in fridge, microwave and tons of storage overhead and over and under the bunk. I had the centre console & passenger seat taken out for a little bit more standing room. I think the magic touch was the TV aerial that I used to bolt on the crane and boom out for a perfect signal :sunglasses:

Mine is the one i earn most money in. i enjoy the driving bit as much as anyone but now i drive a scanny on a car transporter,used to drive a cf ssc but money dropped so hence this.
i dont go to work for a big fancy cab i go to earn money.
ok if you achieve both,good luck to you. :slight_smile:

Its got to be a daf 95/105 xf spaces cab / super spaces cab :smiley: :smiley:

out of the 3 iv``e tramped in(actros,man,r420),i liked the the actros best.
best points…

flat floor
lots of headroom
4 side lockers

Would have said xf few months ago but now def actross flat floor build quality far superior to the daf tons of storage space four outside lockers ow and a merc badge on the grill that lights up

malcolmj:
Sat right now in a brand new scania only 45km when I got it Friday thank god it’s going back Friday when I get back ok it’s not the topline the bunk,interior lights,mirrors and seats are useless roll on Friday ps don’t get me started on the silly fuel tanks and why a clutch with an autobox? Rant over years ago my old Renault magnum was brill with the hand brake on !!

the lighting is not great but it still beats a volvo and the seats are probably the budget models, the luxury ones are pretty nice. the auto box can be had without a clutch pedal nowadays, most I’ve seen have been ordered so.

I cannot fault a Roadhaus or TGA. I loved my old Dafs but couldn’t cope with the 95. I have never slept in an XF though

For me the best ever was a DAF 85 with a Marsden sleeper added, basically I had a work room downstairs and a living room upstairs, sofa, fridge, microwave, wide bed, bedside cabinet, 12/240 volts plumbed in, more storage than I could ever use and a real mattress, life was good back then :grimacing:

I know it was a pod, but it wasn’t like a day cab pod, it measured 7 feet by 8 feet and was about 4 feet high, you could sit up comfortably and I used to stand up into the hatch when preparing food etc in the pod. The night heater and air con were plumbed in as well so good for all seasons :grimacing:

Probably the mega space merc I’m in now. It has got by far a lot more storage than anything I’ve had in the past (inc DAF XF SSC). The drive lets it down though. If I had to choose it would be a Volvo XL, best of both worlds, good living space and good drive.

Dad xf 105 ssc would be my first choice, man tga xxl/mecr actress megaspace would be next

Stralis all the way, had a Daf CF SSC and hated it with a passion and used an XF SC when mine was being serviced they were ok but nowhere near the same amount of space as a stralis.

You’d have an awesome truck is you could have the build quality of a DAF, the space of a Stralis, the engine of a Scania and the drivetrain of a Volvo.

Topline scania OR a Magnum if i had to live in one
Definatly would not live in :
an iveco, to much cheap plastics in the cab an horrible to drive
a megaspace merc, the cabs rock so much the give me headaches
a renault premium, noo space

right the best truck i’ve lived in tramped in has to be … the daf superspace i have now
i have tramped in lots of trucks first of which was a volvo fl7 :exclamation: :exclamation:
i did italy and uk in a IVECO :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: not nice the seats were good but the bunks :cry: :cry: :imp: and the i hated that :exclamation:
2nd choice scania topline with the bed at the front and the bigger lockers at the back of the cab.
3rd choice merc mega space mp2 or newer as the mp1 are not nice inside :frowning:

GOT TO BE CLEAN :laughing: