Tramlines on Motorways

Hi All
Anyone else p----d off with these , the part of m4 just before Swindon goes on for a few miles too
have to say hate it, when they pull you even fully loaded ,
Another one on m50 just by the bend before jun 1
Rant over :smiley:

You nearly take off on them bumps on the a34 northbound near Oxford. It’s in my sat nav now, so I move to the right hand lane before hitting them.

No money mate :frowning:

Hands free driving, I love em :wink: Gives me a free hand to catch the biscuit crumbs :exclamation:

Silver_Surfer:
You nearly take off on them bumps on the a34 northbound near Oxford. It’s in my sat nav now, so I move to the right hand lane before hitting them.

The end of the Tinsley viaduct bridge on the M1S is another one where you need to secure everything in the cab before being launched off the end. Seems to get worse every time I go down that way. :angry:

What about the speed hump on the M58 near skem. Always move over a lane to avoid that one.

Silver_Surfer:

They are quite bad. I hit them flat out, and fully loaded, almost threw me into the cab roof.

The mining subsidence under the M62 east bound between the M6 & the M60 has turned that stretch into something akin to a rollercoaster. You would pay a fortune for a ride like that at Alton Towers :sunglasses:

Silver_Surfer:

Ah yes. The deaded Peartree Trench.

M4 junction eastbound with M25 anticlockwise - the slip road has a nasty broken bridge joint on it as well. I think it’s got worse this past month with the heat expansion too. :frowning:

You need to be careful too if driving a hightop palletliner approaching M25 clockwise exit slip for Cobham Services. That last bit of motorway just as you’re about to go onto the rather short deceleration lane is rather wobbly if you’ve got a top-heavy load.

As a person who drinks endless coffee I find that even without thinking about it I lift my cup up as I approach various sections of our world class road network.

Think I’ll compose a strongly worded missive to my MP asking how he expects me as a professional driver to cope with texting, cooking and drinking coffee on some of these abominations. :imp: :imp:

the maoster:
As a person who drinks endless coffee I find that even without thinking about it I lift my cup up as I approach various sections of our world class road network.

Think I’ll compose a strongly worded missive to my MP asking how he expects me as a professional driver to cope with texting, cooking and drinking coffee on some of these abominations. :imp: :imp:

Have you not reach the art of Masterbation whilst carrying out the above daily routine :smiley:

OTS:

the maoster:

Have you not reach the art of Masterbation whilst carrying out the above daily routine :smiley:

Constantly! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

M6 between J33-34 used to be the same on the sweeping bend heading north. Could let go of the wheel and it followed the corner perfectly! Think thats finally been resurfaced though.

Silver_Surfer:

The ones on the bridge at Peartree?

Makes me laugh because they have been resurfacing the section through botley in recent days but nothing has been done about the subidence

Akuji:
What about the speed hump on the M58 near skem. Always move over a lane to avoid that one.

Have hit my head in low roof cabs before because of that badboy!

M5 J11A Northbound has had a bad hump on the right hand bend for several years. They can afford to spend all that money further down on concrete barriers yet can’t afford a few loads of type 1 stone and some asphalt from Cemex at Wickwar to fill the hole in.

The roads in Herefordshire are the worst in the UK

Silver_Surfer:

Same here mate, don’t care if there is traffic and people wonder wtf I am doing, sick of nearly bouncing my head off the bloody top of the cab, more like the launch ramp on the end of HMS Invincible ffs, nearly as bad are the ones on the A46 between M1 J21a LFE services and Hobby Horse Roundabout as you go past Leicester !!

There is some seriously dangerous tram-lines around atm, another bad set on the A1 South as you approach Stamford as well :unamused:

Akuji:

lol i have taken that ramp myself many a time just past the pimbo junction, first time i hit that it was like a fly over my head nearly hit the roof and you know how high the roof is inside a cab :smiley:

Funny thing is, I don’t ever remember seeing them in France, Italy or Greece or the US if it comes to that - maybe everyone else puts in a better substrate than we do.

Does anybody remember the concrete motorway sections in the sixties and seventies with horrendous tyre noise that was so bad that they erected signs because drivers were pulling over thinking they had diff failures. :laughing:

Silver_Surfer:

My Moffet grounds on that one. :laughing: :laughing: