Training with Peter Smythe himself!

Im currently doing my Class 1 training with PSTT and -due to unforeseen circumstances- have the pleasure of Pete being my instructor :smiley: Ive learned a lot and its only day two, Petes ears are bleeding already the poor soul but I threw a few cakes in the door at reception on arrival to make sure he and his lovely colleagues were happy :laughing: :laughing:

Ive struggled with the reverse in the past, but its starting to come good now, mustnā€™t forget to do my blindspot checks, use my mirrors more etc, but at least this time Im enjoying myself, unlike last time (long story).

It nice to experience such a friendly and highly professional place, all I have to now is pass and try to avoid the bloomin grease I seem to attract during the couple/uncouple :laughing: :laughing:

Iā€™m looking forward to reading more on this topic! :grimacing:
Best of luck to you bothā€¦ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Get him to show you that Burger King turn, that one did me on my test.

It was done on the first run out. Made sure of that! And the bridge at Shirebrook. So everything else is a doddle now!!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Now heā€™s providing free coffee heā€™s had to make staff cutbacks.

ā– ā– ā– ā– !! Didnā€™t take you long to suss it!!

Peter Smythe:
It was done on the first run out. Made sure of that! And the bridge at Shirebrook. So everything else is a doddle now!!

I try to forget about that one.

Whoops. I didnā€™t recall the connection. Sorry :blush: :blush:

But itā€™s still there!

Another good day driving the Tangerine Dream in gorgeous weather :slight_smile: More cake and coffee consumed, I managed a pass on my mock test (just) and for the first time this week I didnā€™t get covered in grease! :laughing: :laughing:
Passes all round from the other candidates as far as I know today, and another outing in the sunshine for beautiful Bluebell, the gorgeous 1935 Riley owned by Pete :slight_smile:

I had the pleasure of having Pete himself come out with me for my warm up drive on my test dayā€¦ He is a wealth of knowledge and so good at what he doesā€¦

His school is amazing and Iā€™m sad that I wonā€™t be able to come back up to do my class 1 there. I will be interested to see how this goes for you and reading more about your journey.

Another good day on Friday, bit of a tweak to the reverse exercise but nothing too major so fingers crossed on the day. Had a ride round all of the tricky spots on the tests routes- the burger king/bowling alley turn, the carpet shop roundabout :astonished: couple of awkward junctions etc and a bit of a couple/uncouple. I even managed to wangle a very quick shunt of Big Beauty, her name is well deserved.

All I have to do now is remember to breathe, not screw it up, and not forget to bring the Ginger cake :wink:

Long drive back to the midlands this afternoon for me, then its all go for tomorrow :open_mouth: and a long drive home again.

Thanks for everything Pete, its been an unadulterated pleasure to natter with you all week. Your colleagues are a credit to you and your facilities are top class :grimacing:

Thanks for your kind comments; I enjoyed the week as well - and my ears have nearly stopped bleeding!!

As you know I cant be with you for your test as I have a day of meetings with DVSA to try and secure better service for our candidates.

But remember to breathe, donā€™t panic on the reverse, and enjoy. Get on with it when itā€™s safe. Slow down when thereā€™s ā€œinteresting stuffā€ going on. Donā€™t rush the couple/uncouple and donā€™t get distracted by nattering!!!

Most of all, donā€™t forget the ginger cake!!

Iā€™m looking forward to the email from the office with the results.

Peter Smythe:
Most of all, donā€™t forget the ginger cake!!

I think my next crusade will be your weekly weigh-in Pete! :grimacing:

Best of luck MrsMac!
Have self belief that you were trained by the best, and as long as you stay calm and believe in yourself, you will nail it! :smiley:

I think my next crusade will be your weekly weigh-in Pete!

Thatā€™s cruel!

you were trained by the best

OK. I forgive you!

as long as you stay calm and believe in yourself, you will nail it!

Very true!

Peter Smythe:

I think my next crusade will be your weekly weigh-in Pete!

Thatā€™s cruel!

I may promote you based on my own experience Pete, but that comes at a price! :grimacing:

Iā€™m big enough to take it - and maybe thatā€™s why I should have a weekly weigh in!

Fat club here I come then.

Well, with a rather ugly -but effective- reverse exercise (2 shunts) I passed with 4 minors.

Im delighted! The pre-test pep talk from Pete helped a lot, and the phone chat after was very welcome :slight_smile:

Im home now after a 5.5 hr drive, glass of wine in hand as Im not working till Wednesday :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you Peter ā– ā– ā– 

Very well done. 4 minors (only 2 on the road) isnā€™t at all shabby.

Enjoy your wine.

Peter Smythe:
Very well done. 4 minors (only 2 on the road) isnā€™t at all shabby.

Enjoy your wine.

Oh I am Pete! :laughing:

Evil8Beezle:
Have self belief that you were trained by the best

Yes I was :slight_smile: Thanks Evil :slight_smile: