Training in Essex, recomendations Please

Afternoon Gents, names Ben and I’m hoping you may be able too as per my title point me in the right direction of proper schooling…

I’ve succumbed too my calling and made the decision too follow the blood line and get my licences, wanna make my dad proud as he’s battling leukemia, and he has always said I wont be able too ignore the urge for ever as its in the blood, so yeah this is the goal!!

I’ve driven a good few trucks during my time in fitting…NOT ON HIGHWAY though…but I want too learn properly and after watching a family member suffer clearstone, I’m determined not too suffer financially as I simply cant afford too, kids ,house we all know the score…

I’d like too do c and c/e together so if anyone could/would be kind enough too suggest regarding my question I’d be VERY Grateful :smiley:

Many thanks in advance Ben :slight_smile:

You can find lots of info here

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44667

And here

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=130088

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Priest:
You can find lots of info here

Lovely, much appreciated thanks priest :smiley:

Peter Smythe:
And here

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=130088

Hahaha love that cheeky self promo there, i hadn’t noticed your user name lol…
BUT MANY thanks Pete…so If you’d like to or could drop me a ‘quote’ via pm based on a residential basis, to do straight rigid, and or artic too that would be fantastic as I’m looking to be able to do a one stop shop purely so as I get the right knowledge from those who know it best.

Many thanks again :grimacing:

Hi

CAT C - - £1350
CAT CE _- £1350

MOD 4 CPC (if required) £235

RESIDENTIAL - FREE OF CHARGE

All rates are fully inclusive of 1:1 tuition, VAT and test fees. For CAT C you have a choice of manual or auto. For CAT CE you have the choice of drawbar (wagon and drag) manual or auto or full size manual artic. All the same price.

We are one of a handful of DVSA Accredited LGV Training Centres in the UK. This is your guarantee of quality and gives you a route for complaint should you require it. (Never happened yet).

Our new training site features two correctly marked reversing areas. It is also a private driving test centre so where you train is exactly the same place as where you take your test. This is a huge advantage. The geographical location has no traffic problems, no complicated roundabouts or one way systems. It’s very straightforward.

Our CAT C training fleet is 50/50 manual and auto so the choice is totally yours. All these vehicles are purchased brand new to our own specification making them superb for driver training.

All our trainers are registered LGV Instructors. This is NOT a legal requirement in the way that it is for car tuition. So anyone who has held a licence for 3 years can buy a rusty old truck, stick L plates on it and take your money. Scary - but very true.

We operate a strict “no shouting” policy and treat all our candidates with respect. The aim is the first time pass - preferably with a clean sheet. We keep a record of clean sheet passes achieved by each trainer and this encourages healthy competition between them. This is all good for you, the customer.

Going back to cost, it’s £2935 as you can see. But if you mention that you are a Trucknet user when you book, you will get 10% discount off everything. So you save close to £300 off that figure.

To book we simply need your driver number, NI number, name, address, email and phone number. You will be asked for £150 deposit at the time of booking; the balance of the course fee is due 2 weeks before start of training. You only book one course at a time so we’re not asking for huge upfront payments.

If you need any assistance with training for theory tests or for booking them, give the office a call and they will be delighted to help. It’s all part of what we do.

I suggest you visit one or two local trainers and then you have something to compare. Not all training is the same!!

Hope this helps; any queries, just fire away. Feel free to ask for recommendations on Trucknet.

Pete that’s brilliant, and again much much appreciated…

Couldn’t have asked for more!!

And I definitely will have another scout around locally but so far you have definitely crossed the t’s and dotted the dots FAR FAR clearer than any I’ve spoken too thus far lol, that’s the thoroughness I were hoping for, thankyou…

Out of interest in your op which would be a better choice nowadays manual or auto?

From what I’ve seen a lot of trucks now are autos, me personally I’m a clutch bandit and find auto’s a bit detaching when it comes to keeping the concentration up(just my op and in NO means meant to cause offence lol)… I feel I’d be far happier learning in a full manual then driving auto’s should i need too…do you feel it makes any difference to the way people drive doing manual over auto? Sounds a silly question I know but I’m just curious really…

I have provisionally been offered a shot driving 26/32 tonner Dennis bin trucks should I be good enough to get my ticket, fantastic start on the ladder as its an art piloting these imop…
Bonus is they are all auto and are imop definitely easier too manoeuvre like this but I’d hate too want to move on and be stuck as I’d never stirred the stick when learning…

Many thanks again pete :smiley:

if you are interested, i passed class C with Flair Training and C+E with Ace training

Mention Essex and I immediately think - Flair LGV training

Check out the link in my signature below before paying for anything

The choice of manual or auto is totally yours and is a personal choice. There’s no “right and wrong” about it. The differences are obvious and folks should train in the vehicle in which they’re most comfortable.

I did my training with Roadtrain in Purfleet. They were brilliant for me, I can’t recommend them highly enough!

Peter Smythe:
Hi

CAT C - - £1350
CAT CE _- £1350

l:

For give me Peter for asking this, but How can you possibly quote a price without assessing the candidates ability. Also how many hours training are included in your prices?

Paul

OBD:
I did my training with Roadtrain in Purfleet. They were brilliant for me, I can’t recommend them highly enough!

REALLY WISH there were a THANKS BUTTON on here fella’s, sadly I’m on a phone so cant multi quote and say it to each but as i have and will keep saying MANY thanks to you all for input :smiley:

@OBD cheers fella I’ve heard good things about roadtrain, chap I were working with couldn’t rate them high enough, trouble is its a 100 mile a day commute…lotta thinking to do regarding logistics as what I spend on travel will come off my funds, would like to do both tickets but for now I would be chuffed doing one properly, hopefully get earning and save for the next while gaining driving experience in general…

For give me Peter for asking this, but How can you possibly quote a price without assessing the candidates ability. Also how many hours training are included in your prices?

How many more times are you going to ask this question Paul?

It’s 14 hours 1:1 tuition followed by test for each course.

Experience tells us that 99% of folks are prepared for test after this.

Any trainer worth his salt will accept that the assessment can only tell the current driving standard. Unless your crystal balls are far superior to mine, it’s impossible to estimate the rate of learning, learning fatigue, information retention etc etc.

Having said all that, anyone who wants an assessment for any reason is very welcome to have one - and it’s free without any obligation.

Our 14 hours is amongst the lowest “norm” in the industry. There’s reasons for this:

Fully qualified, DSA Registered instructors who know the job inside out and are totally committed to the candidate’s success
New, purpose built vehicles
Choice of manual or auto
Test centre on site - no wasted journeys backwards and forwards to reach test routes
Geographical location with no complicated junctions, roundabouts or city centre traffic

Add to this the back up of using a DSA Accredited Training Centre with all the standards imposed by this and the candidate is sure of a good experience.

Thanks for asking Paul.

I passed my CE with Flair Training ( John ) would recommend him

I have not been out of work since passing CE so would go for that as well

I done both mine in a manual as that was the rules then

Where I work we have a mixture of auto / manual digi card & ananlogue

So if you ask me I would defo go for manual in C then if you wish auto for CE

Another vote for Flair LGV. Done my C last Nov with John, great training and price :slight_smile:

Peter Smythe:

How many more times are you going to ask this question Paul?

It’s 14 hours 1:1 tuition followed by test for each course.

:

Thank you for clearing that up.

Perhaps the admin team could make a sticky at the top of the page showing schools that have previously been recommended on here. I’m sure it would be helpful for members to find good training providers local to them.

Paul :smiley:

Like here Paul

animal:
Like here Paul

Yes but I Dont think it should be in hidden in LGV traing tips.

elmet training:

animal:
Like here Paul

Yes but I Dont think it should be in hidden in LGV traing tips.

Yep but where do you stop with the sticky as we know a lot don’t read them & ask a question that is in 1 of them or a change of the title maybe to include "Recommended training Schools "