roadtransport.com/blogs/big- … /trailers/

this is the video

roadtransport.com/blogs/big- … bur-t.html

and this is the right up not bad bit of kit

links now fixed :blush:

bad links, mate

http://www.roadtransport.com/blogs/big-lorry-blog/trailers/

thats the proper link

It is not going to be possible to couple at an angle like that. Or do they want you to hit shunt and then angle it? What is wrong with the normal sliding connections that most supermarket trailers have. They also stop suzi’s getting stretched when screwing it round as the couplings slide from side to side following the unit

farmer:
http://www.roadtransport.com/blogs/big-lorry-blog/trailers/

thats the proper link

fixed them now mate :blush:

I have used the sliders and they are good only downside to this swingy thing is if it is not stowed correctly :blush: :blush: :blush:

can’t see how that’s any better or safer than the usual method.
just a gimmick. but i’m sure many will fall for it as they usually do.

I can see the suzie rail being ordered on many fleets, but the drivers will still forget to stow it or someone will set of with it in the uncouple position and rip all the lines off.

It looks like you still have to climb on the catwalk to check the ministry plate :stuck_out_tongue:

I like this one though, just how long before some ■■■■■ slashes the curtain?

It would be interesting to see this office monkey do that with a used rig. Fifth wheel grease all over the back of his head, neck, shoulders, arms.

Great idea from some pencil pushing ■■■■■ filled with brilliant ideas on how to improve on things he/she has never done themselves.

you’ll be amazed at the angle you can pick the pin with
that dhl angle is a doddle

What a great idea instead of getting grease on your pants from the suzzies now you get it on your head.

just something else to go wrong
When it gets bent it wont work

Come on i cant be the only one that sometimes finds the service air line murder to get on, you need to get your knee behind it - with this device it will be your head :open_mouth:

you see the how the lines keep touching his shoulder aswell - you will be boggin - climbing into your cab covered in grease.

daft idea for a problem that doesn’t really exist - if space on a catwalk is a problem, get a sliding 5th wheel :smiley:

i would not be able to use it i dont have a high vis or tie, whats the point :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

As my old gran used to say “what will they think of next” :unamused:

What aload of cow ■■■. How many air line and elcetric suzies will they go through.

some agency pleb will leave it out.

bad Idea end of

its just stupid idea.

grease on your head or shoulder.
the part you are conecting suzies to, will be permanently damaged.
another tie wearing useless idiot get heavy money for stupid idea.

slide under trailer, lock the pin , push shunt valve, forward and turn and you got the same acces for suzies.

He leant against the diesel tank with his clothes 5 times to stow the suzies… lovely jubby 1st shift of the week in winter when the units’ just come in off a night trunk.

Pushing in a pressurized airline coupling takes some doing at knee to waist height… at chest height■■?

Looking at that clip again, I read a bit of the article. It says DHL are intending to make it standard kit.

It looks like DHL drivers will need to start pushing for laundry costs, expenses for cleaning equipment along with enough uniforms for two a day, or a boiler suit. This bloke in the vid is touching everything with his arms, shoulders, knees, head.

Great company ambassador turning up at every drop wet, covered in dirt, mud and grease from head to foot.

I don’t see any advantage that this has over the sliding rail type of connectors.

Waste of money in my opinion.