Trailer rear doors AGAIN

pulled in to the factory last night where we go every night, only 2 bays, already one truck on bay 1, so i reverse into the middle of the yard jump out and start to open my rear doors, this pr1ck on the bay decides he wants to squeeze between me and the fence and jacknife it out on to the road, (for the sake of 1 minutes it was a stupid idea on his part)

the next thing i know im picking myshelf up of the floor, the feker hadnt secured his n/s trailer door, so when hes stop, the door has come round at a pace smacked me in the back and shoulder and cut my arm open

then he comes round oh sorry has it hit something

my reply, yes feking me
him sorry (no are you ok nothing)
me you feking will be pr1ck

3 stitchers later

when pulling off a loading bay always check your bloody mirrors to make sure your doors arent loose :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

and if your on here V8 BCT with the taylors trailer im ok apart from the stitchers but thanks for asking :imp: :unamused:

Get well soon.

Get a claim in !!! Might make him think twice next time

Hope it was reported and put in the accident book at the site.

Where there’s blame there’s a claim and all that !!

you done well finding a taylors driver who didn’t just grunt and make primate type noises.

Sounds like another bloke in a rush forgot to secure his doors.
Too many idiots rushing round and causing accidents these days,only thing they care about is getting the drops done.

He may have secured the door but the hook or wire fell out, I would contact a claims solicitors, it’s worth a few bob, days off work for treatment, public transport or fuel costs, hope an accident report was done.
cctv at the depot ?

war1974:
you done well finding a taylors driver who didn’t just grunt and make primate type noises.

If I was a betting man war-I’d say its a different Taylor’s - just a thought from the v8 private plate?

Was it your old allies Si or is V8 BCT from outta town?

Mattwoodtransport:

war1974:

If I was a betting man war-I’d say its a different Taylor’s - just a thought from the v8 private plate?

good point matt :blush:

Very lucky it didn’t whack you on the bonce - could have been nasty.

Anyway Accident Book and Yard Supervisor, as said.

I have a policy of. If someone’s working the trailer next to you (cupeling etc) sit tight till they say go or are out of your area adjacent to where you are.

Insurance claim. Stuff em. There’s a good few hundred quid for a cut with stitches.

nick2008:
I have a policy of. If someone’s working the trailer next to you (cupeling etc) sit tight till they say go or are out of your area adjacent to where you are.

I have a policy of letting them know I’m going to be setting off soon as well. Its amazing what happens when two drivers talk to each other. :smiley:

steelgoon:
Hope it was reported and put in the accident book at the site.

Where there’s blame there’s a claim and all that !!

its in there got to do a statement this afternoon to there h/s at the factory

its simple its a small yard so if there’s a truck parked up and getting ready to go on a bay then the other truck doesnt move until the truck is on the bay

Mattwoodtransport:

war1974:

just a subby for taylors mate, never had dealing with them/him before

Mattwoodtransport:

war1974:

it was THE TAYLORS mate, huthwaite justa subby pulling there trailer

burnley-si:

Mattwoodtransport:

war1974:

it was THE TAYLORS mate, huthwaite justa subby pulling there trailer

white and green scania?

Ever want a picture of a wagon, just search the reg on Flickr:

flickr.com/photos/mikealask … pXb-pHsWVg

This should be the one.
Ben

Where has common sense gone :open_mouth: Oh, It’s gone because where there’s blame there’s a claim :unamused:

Wherever or whatever I’m doing I watch all round me to such a point I’m 100% aware of my surroundings. Vehicle movements! I stay put till I know their direction. Simple - don’t put yourself in any risk whatsoever and you will be fine.

This little incident above (due to H & S) could result in NO MOVEMENTS WHEN PEOPLE ARE WITHIN 200 METRES :unamused: Well done :smiling_imp:

DDI that’s unfair mate.

There’s a saying on the railway
“You can’t watch and work…” Hence track workers have a lookout when they’re doing work.

Now this isn’t practical for a truck driver on their own, so you can never be 100% aware of your surroundings AND be doing a task like undoing trailer doors etc at the same time. You just do your best. I’m sure the woman killed by the HIAB truck supports didn’t expect to be involved in an accident with a moving vehicle either.

So maybe give the guy a break■■? I’m sure he didn’t want a cut arm did he?

DDI

what do you do

2 loading bays enough room for 1 truck to manouver and reverse onto one of the loading bays, you cant see a driver in the truck thats already on the loading, so do you just sit there to see what happens :unamused: we have been going here for 2 yrs everyday twice a day some days

and everytime we go, if your on the bay and someone is opening the doors to reverse on you stay where you are on the bay, wait for the said truck to get on the bay then move off, not wait till my back is turned then push through a gap that really isnt big enough, to then block me from opening my doors, then when he has braked the door has swung round and hit me, as of yet i have not got eyes in the back of my head or mirrors attached to my head, but the driver does have mirrors even if he doesnt use them

i was 100% aware of my surroundings, just that this t1t wasnt when he started his engine and decided not to wait 1 minute while i opened the rear doors, where this happened all trailers are meant to have 2 securing devices for each door, his had one and that was broken