traffic officers.

Saw this guy the other day broke down on the hard shoulder struggling to change the tyre on his jag whilst two traffic officers whatched him. now call me mr anti establishment, but what are we paying for as tax payers…these guys are the biggest waste of tax payers money on the planet they cruise up and down the motorway in fancy range rovers and landrovers and when there is a problem they just stand about waiting for some one else to turn up. I my self would turn the 50 cal on them but i could’nt justify the price of the rounds. :confused:

i’m only hazarding a guess here, but knowing the world we live in, perhaps, health and safety, stops them from assisting?

i used too have a dim view of traffic officers, but, that has changed, i think they are quite a good thing too have on the motorway network.
sure, i’m sure there is the odd plum, but, wouldn’t tar them all with the same brush.
people have been doing that for years too wagon drivers.

I must admit to finding few things as enjoyable, in a day to day driving sence, as seeing some smug Jag/Merc/Ferrari driver on the hard shoulder with car troubles. Was his suit getting wet, say it was, oh please…

This has been babbled about before…
Quick way of looking at it…These folks are just like motorway police…just without the power…their not a recovery service…and are not authorised to fix peoples cars unless for very good reason. Imaging all the ■■■■■■■■ damage claims…coming through afterwards…

Basically they are there to sort out and clear accidents…(recovery…unless totally necessary…is left to the recovery folks though) …Make sure broken down people are not just stranded…Remove possible dangerous items on the carriageway…(sometimes at serious risk to themselves)…They help sort out the traffic whilst the cops…fire, ambulance whoever…focus on dealing with serious accidents… Give cover to vehicles…or the tyre man…giving people warning that there is a something up ahead…you get the gist
…Basically they do the job which the police did in the past…which don’t really need police officers wasting time doing.
Also you have to remember there is a lot more traffic on the road…less cops…(due to all the ■■■■■■■■ red tape)…and the overall standard of driving poor…hence more incidents…you need a big team out there to deal with it all…hence H.A.T.O.

Well done lads and ladies…i think your not perfect but brilliant :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Oooohhhh answering you point about the Jag guy…When is the last time you saw a copper changing someones wheel■■?..

SuperSmiley:
When is the last time you saw a copper changing someones wheel■■?..

The other night on TV - Traffic cops I think the programme was :laughing:

Now if it was a good lookng female driving the Jag … or maybe even a Mother with several ankle biters in tow… but a Guy in a suit should be able to cope himself! :smiley: :sunglasses:

There’s nothing more that i’d like to do is change a wheel and get our customers on their way. Unfortunately, in this litigation crazy world we live in, as we are not professionally trained to change wheels, we’re not allowed to do it incase the wheel comes off causing a RTC. Could you imagine the headlines if that happens! If a person can’t change the wheel themselves and they have recovery, we will provide cover for the agent to change the wheel in safety. :wink:

The Highway Man:
, we will provide cover for the agent to change the wheel in safety. :wink:

Covering fire :question: :question: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

yeah yeah dont tell me.

coat,hat, TAXI. :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

The Highway Man:
as we are not professionally trained to change wheels, we’re not allowed to do it incase the wheel comes off causing a RTC.

You’re gonna be buggered when you get a puncture then ? :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :laughing:

I think the traffic officers are a good bunch of lads to be honest, I had to change a wheel on my car once at night, accidentally left the lights on and the battery went flat, these guys rocked up and pushed me to bump start it. I don’t think they should drive such top of the range cars, but they do need a big car seeing how much stuff they carry with them.

In my opinion, if the guy (who clearly has a nice amount of cash) is incapable of changing his own wheel, which is one of the easiest tasks in life, then he shouldn’t be driving!

maybe we could put a flashing light in each emergency phone box, then when someone breaks down they can walk to the nearest phonebox and provide their own cover :laughing:

I think they do a good job getting rid of the debris, that can cause serious accidents when people start swerving when its busy. Although they can cause problems too, loads of people still do emergency stops on a busy motorway when they see them as they think they are the police :unamused:

Why do they need a land rover, surely an estate can carry as much stuff but be cheaper to buy and run? Still, atleast they are supporting british industry :smiley:

DAFMAD:

The Highway Man:
as we are not professionally trained to change wheels, we’re not allowed to do it incase the wheel comes off causing a RTC.

You’re gonna be buggered when you get a puncture then ? :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Our vehicles don’t carry spare wheels because of the weight of all our kit. We get recovered back to our station and the wheel gets changed by a contract tyre fitter :wink:

Cynic-al:
maybe we could put a flashing light in each emergency phone box, then when someone breaks down they can walk to the nearest phonebox and provide their own cover :laughing:

I think they do a good job getting rid of the debris, that can cause serious accidents when people start swerving when its busy. Although they can cause problems too, loads of people still do emergency stops on a busy motorway when they see them as they think they are the police :unamused:

Why do they need a land rover, surely an estate can carry as much stuff but be cheaper to buy and run? Still, atleast they are supporting british industry :smiley:

An estate car is big enough to carry our kit, but it’s not strong enough to drag accident damaged cars out of the carriageway to enable us to reopen the road.

The Highway Man:
customers

customers … ?

pete904ni:

The Highway Man:
customers

customers … ?

yes that made me laugh to

pete904ni:

The Highway Man:
customers

customers … ?

I know! Corporate speak!

Occasionally I do change a wheel all depends if the driver of the vehicle passes the attitude test, we are not meant to though. If we get a puncture normally get spare wheel brought out to us and recovery to change. Unfortunately we cant please everyone all the time and like you guys we come in all the flavours some you like some you dont. Keep safe :smiley:

jonnyenglishpants:
Saw this guy the other day broke down on the hard shoulder struggling to change the tyre on his jag whilst two traffic officers whatched him. now call me mr anti establishment, but what are we paying for as tax payers…these guys are the biggest waste of tax payers money on the planet they cruise up and down the motorway in fancy range rovers and landrovers and when there is a problem they just stand about waiting for some one else to turn up. I my self would turn the 50 cal on them but i could’nt justify the price of the rounds. :confused:

I’m guessing that you stopped jonnyenglishpants and helped the poor Jag driver then■■?

Oh no you did just what the traffic officers did and carried on with YOUR job.

The Highway Man:
An estate car is big enough to carry our kit, but it’s not strong enough to drag accident damaged cars out of the carriageway to enable us to reopen the road.

Estate with an electric winch? :laughing:

Cynic-al:

The Highway Man:

Estate with an electric winch? :laughing:

It has been known for one of our cars to drag a LGV from the carriageway, I can’t see an estate car with an electric winch doing that :wink: We do have estate cars but they’re driven by managers and not normally used for patrol.